(Poll) Are humans inherently evil or good?

Your Response?

• Evil

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Good

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Both

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Undefined

Votes: 33 37.5%

• Total voters

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
That's the point. I've been saying this since the beginning. In a crisis, humans will prioritize their own safety and prosperity over others. They resort to their BASER INSTINCTS, kill or be killed, eat or be eaten, nature. You keep arguing that Humans are generally good, where in fact good and bad are man-made concepts that disappear when push comes to shove.
I am arguing that in an average general case humans will display behavior which humans consider"good".
thus in an average general scenario they are good.

I am only talking about what behavior they will show in a normal scenario.

tribe vs community is a special scenario

TachimeSan

well I basically meant that was dumb companies would have obviously restocked.

why is me dying without mask better than someone else dying without mask
The companies had no way to know that the people would panic buy all of their products. The pandemic was quick and sudden, no one was prepared for that, hence, a crisis. It just proves my point that people revert to their baser instincts whenever they feel threatened.

Fromage

Peerless member
Somebody once stole my cookie and now I am actively trying to destroy humanity.

I'm like this so obviously everyone else is as well, to some degree.
Someone in Sunda Empire once get arrested for not wearing mask and now he is actively trying to destroy humanity

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
The companies had no way to know that the people would panic buy all of their products. The pandemic was quick and sudden, no one was prepared for that, hence, a crisis. It just proves my point that people revert to their baser instincts whenever they feel threatened.
actually it was dumb. People overestimated how much it will affect supply.
and what is evil in buying products.

why is my family dying better than other family dying.
equal dead in both case why not save the ones which I like.
Someone in Sunda Empire once get arrested for not wearing mask and now he is actively trying to destroy humanity

TachimeSan

I am arguing that in an average general case humans will display behavior which humans consider"good".
thus in an average general scenario they are good.

I am only talking about what behavior they will show in a normal scenario.

tribe vs community is a special scenario
The point of the original post was to ask whether people are INHERENTLY good or bad. So I said that there's really no such thing as good or bad, they're just a concept thought of by humans.

If we were to speak generally then it's still subjective. One person may think that what he's doing is good, but another person may perceive it as bad. Without the hold of societal norms and laws though, we all resort to our baser instincts which is to do anything to survive. Don't you get my point?

TachimeSan

actually it was dumb. People overestimated how much it will affect supply.
and what is evil in buying products.

why is my family dying better than other family dying.
equal dead in both case why not save the ones which I like.
What do you mean people overestimated how much it will affect supply? They didn't overestimate it, the supplies actually ran out because people kept buying more than what they needed.

I never said that buying products is evil, I just used it to prove my point that if there is a crisis, a human will prioritize his/her safety, security and prosperity over others.

Leti

If evil and good is merely a social construct made by humans for humans, it answers the question either humans are the only sentient beings capable of it or not. What's the point for the distinction, though? To determine what behavior is acceptable? I would never understand human.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I personally don't care. My belief is that it's every man for himself, and that the notion of good and bad is ultimately shaped by our surviving ancestors. Shit's bad because someone died doing it once, and our ancestors lived to tell the tale. Shit's good because our ancestor did that shit and it HELPED them live. It's an instinctual gut feeling, and I won't hold anyone to or against it. As long as you don't fuck with me, we cool.

What I'd argue is that when something feels off or when something good feels bad and vice versa, it's the old culture and instincts catching up to us. Evolution runs organically and doesn't magically catch up to cultural advancement. With the progress of communication running so fucking fast and smooth we just didn't have time to adjust, much less regulate ourselves to fit this new standard. All we can do is understand blindly because the alternative is war and eating the other guy's throat to ensure the same thing doesn't happen to you. Morality now, for me, is basically a global truce between the different cultures of the world to prevent waging an all out Jerusalem.

That wholesome feeling in your heart when you do a good deed? That's just you feeling great that you get to pass your genes; or at least leave your mark on an otherwise meaningless world. But that doesn't mean it's bad; if it feels good, keep doing it. Nobody can stop you, unless they do.

TachimeSan

That wholesome feeling in your heart when you do a good deed? That's just you feeling great that you get to pass your genes; or at least leave your mark on an otherwise meaningless world.
Does the mark I left on my wall and/or my tissues count? I mean.. it felt good.

BenJepheneT

If evil and good is merely a social construct made by humans for humans, it answers the question either humans are the only sentient beings capable of it or not. What's the point for the distinction, though? To determine what behavior is acceptable? I would never understand human.
It's basically self-preservation. We say this shit is bad or good mainly because it favours us. Incest is "morally" bad because our ancestors have seen it happen before, and the genetic results are so horrendous that they instilled it into their descendants SOUL that it's terrible and you shouldn't do it.

That said, there's only so much our instincts hold us back. Which is why you get Sweet Home Alabama Cousin Fuckers. We're a species whose feelings are so muddled and complex we'd be willing to forgo survival if it means your crotch can get a wee hoo ya for a change.

BenJepheneT

Does the mark I left on my wall and/or my tissues count? I mean.. it felt good.
Cumming feels good because it's literally a crucial act in the process of passing your genes and ensuring survival of your species. It's DETRIMENTAL that cumming feels good because the opposite would bring our fucking downfall.

TachimeSan

Our ability to determine good from bad based on our societal norms are what separates us from animals. It's the main reason humankind rose to the top of the food chain. Because we developed laws and societal norms competition between our species lessened and it allowed us as a species to prosper.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
How can humans be inherently good or evil when they came up with (lacking precise rigorous definitions and extremely subjective) ideas of good and evil in the first place? Though I think this discussion fits some other forum better, maybe you would get more interesting answers on phylosophy-oriented forums?

BenJepheneT

How can humans be inherently good or evil when they came up with (lacking precise rigorous definitions and extremely subjective) ideas of good and evil in the first place? Though I think this discussion fits some other forum better, maybe you would get more interesting answers on phylosophy-oriented forums?
Then that'll be boring, because in a philosophy-oriented forum this topic would've been discussed TO DEATH. It's fun to see what common morons like us think of concepts like this.

TachimeSan

Cumming feels good because it's literally a crucial act in the process of passing your genes and ensuring survival of your species. It's DETRIMENTAL that cumming feels good because the opposite would bring our fucking downfall.
Dam right it felt good.

MR.DANTE

The definition of good and evil change with time and place, good behavior in cina 2000 years ago was not the same as good behavior in Europe or central America at the same time, 1000 years 1000 years later the concept of good was different, now it's differed and it will be different in the future, some things are a constant like if woman don't have children the species go extinct or killing other humans for no reason, but that's basically it, human sacrifice or cannibalism were a thing in some societys and weren't considered evil or the number of partners someone could have change greatly in different times and places

Fromage

Peerless member
The definition of good and evil change with time and place, good behavior in cina 2000 years ago was not the same as good behavior in Europe or central America at the same time, 1000 years 1000 years later the concept of good was different, now it's differed and it will be different in the future, some things are a constant like if woman don't have children the species go extinct or killing other humans for no reason, but that's basically it, human sacrifice or cannibalism were a thing in some societys and weren't considered evil or the number of partners someone could have change greatly in different times and places
What considered good behavior in West Taiwan is whatever the government wanted right now how far we have fallen

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
though now here is the time for real question. why is fucking animals bad but artificial insemination of cows fine and after tha that eating it's child.
comparison.
first got wet stick in vagina.
second got wet stick in vagina then got pregnant then kid got eaten.

how is only one evil while others ok.

it's either both or not.

and you can't say it's for food.

cause then somehow rape for hamburger is fine

real questions people.

lot of good and bad things are kind of pointless but no one notices