art of [insert all of my writing projects]

namio

zisu003-2.jpg

Drew Jiejie~ Zisu from For February's Rain

Hehe, shady ML lead MC astray. :blob_joy:

It has been years since I went to a con. It was either no time or too far away and the stuff there is really expensive.

Ey, one of my story will hit one year hiatus soon.
They both walked together, ribbing each other along the way :blob_joy: My MC is a little gremlin

Same... For the most part I went there to meet people, nowadays. We just browse through for half an hour then go elsewhere for food. I'm a bit scared to know the prices in an European con, honestly...

:blob_joy: Happy hianniversary!

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Same... For the most part I went there to meet people, nowadays. We just browse through for half an hour then go elsewhere for food. I'm a bit scared to know the prices in an European con, honestly...
One sitting cushion (looks like a bagel/donut with Shibainu head) was 40€ very sod and cute, but the price...

And since books are always the same price in every bookstore, there is no difference from getting mangas there or somewhere in store. But the Art Corners that became popular a few years ago are interesting! (Though you can end up poorer by 200€ easily) >.<

:blob_joy: Happy hianniversary!
Thanks! With some luck there will be an update before it hits one year. But only mayhaps

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Oh lala! I'm loving all these beautiful watercolours! :blob_melt: There's something so ethereal about them, even with the manly geges~ Gotta love how crispy the edges look when they bleed into some parts of the paper - goes so well with the soft washes!

Gotta love love love the smiling face~ And yeaaah the odd palette one! Totally shows range there!
EDIT: Also the cute didi on the from tomorrow on. I love cute didis heehhehhehehe

Very nice!! :blob_aww:

namio

Oh lala! I'm loving all these beautiful watercolours! :blob_melt: There's something so ethereal about them, even with the manly geges~ Gotta love how crispy the edges look when they bleed into some parts of the paper - goes so well with the soft washes!

Gotta love love love the smiling face~ And yeaaah the odd palette one! Totally shows range there!
EDIT: Also the cute didi on the from tomorrow on. I love cute didis heehhehhehehe

Very nice!! :blob_aww:
Aww, thank you so much! :blob_happy:

Also yes, the didi in that is my rare didi MC LOL I like writing gege MCs, mostly because I like being called gege (no, but yes actually... but they're unrelated!! I promise!!), I mean, mostly because I write shou MCs LOL
That bean is just the youngest shidi with social anxiety... Works hard, though!

Ancient sketch but whatever lah... It has cheek pets from dashixiong
xuanshen.jpg

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Aww, thank you so much! :blob_happy:

Also yes, the didi in that is my rare didi MC LOL I like writing gege MCs, mostly because I like being called gege (no, but yes actually... but they're unrelated!! I promise!!), I mean, mostly because I write shou MCs LOL
That bean is just the youngest shidi with social anxiety... Works hard, though!

Ancient sketch but whatever lah... It has cheek pets from dashixiong

No problem!!! It's so refreshing to see watercolours used. I mean digital art is great too but YES! Watercolours! The sweet crispiness! The wash! And maybe even ink, if I saw correctly?? :blob_aww:

OH YESS. YESS. So you're the gege shou MC type too, HIGH FIVE. You just gotta gotta love when the young didi gongs come by and you... teach them to become MEN. With the gentle gege hand. Hehehehe!

Oooh. This is so cute??? :blob_aww:

Whatever lah you say... from SG is it :blob_melt:

namio

No problem!!! It's so refreshing to see watercolours used. I mean digital art is great too but YES! Watercolours! The sweet crispiness! The wash! And maybe even ink, if I saw correctly?? :blob_aww:

OH YESS. YESS. So you're the gege shou MC type too, HIGH FIVE. You just gotta gotta love when the young didi gongs come by and you... teach them to become MEN. With the gentle gege hand. Hehehehe!

Oooh. This is so cute??? :blob_aww:

Whatever lah you say... from SG is it :blob_melt:
Watercolor's basically my favorite medium, though I can see (from that paper price tags!! why!!) why it's not such a common medium... It has such a wonderful texture to it regardless of your style, though! It's such a good medium!
Also yes, I also use inks, though not usually as a full piece,,, I've been using it more for practicing backgrounds and animals :blob_no: One day I'll do a proper character piece with it...

There are *far* too many bad novels I stick around reading just because it has that dynamic... All the braincells I expended reading the MTL of :blob_joy: I like the dynamic too much.........

Think a bit further south! With a lot more islands LOL

namio

One sitting cushion (looks like a bagel/donut with Shibainu head) was 40€ very sod and cute, but the price...

And since books are always the same price in every bookstore, there is no difference from getting mangas there or somewhere in store. But the Art Corners that became popular a few years ago are interesting! (Though you can end up poorer by 200€ easily) >.<

Thanks! With some luck there will be an update before it hits one year. But only mayhaps
40 euros....................................................................................
That's so............... that's like food money for a month or something....

Do people buy mangas at cons? That's a surprise to me. For the most part here art corners were pretty much what made up 90% of cons from the very beginning... Most cons here started out as like, art kids banding together and pawing at their universities to let them set out tables on a weekend LOL Still feeling you in being significantly poorer once you're out LOL I like getting commissions there, though... Sometimes you just see artists you wouldn't otherwise see in your TL/dashboard/whatever social media.

:blob_joy: We'll see if the blue moon shows up this year! But jokes aside, good luck!

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Do people buy mangas at cons? That's a surprise to me. For the most part here art corners were pretty much what made up 90% of cons from the very beginning... Most cons here started out as like, art kids banding together and pawing at their universities to let them set out tables on a weekend LOL Still feeling you in being significantly poorer once you're out LOL I like getting commissions there, though... Sometimes you just see artists you wouldn't otherwise see in your TL/dashboard/whatever social media.
They do, since bookstores don’t always have all volumes in stock. Tbf, I only went to the Leipziger Bookfair, which has 6 big halls (one hall for anime manga con). So it’s commercial orientated and resultantly more expensive than your local university cons.
But yeah, a con will always make you poor.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Watercolor's basically my favorite medium, though I can see (from that paper price tags!! why!!) why it's not such a common medium... It has such a wonderful texture to it regardless of your style, though! It's such a good medium!
Also yes, I also use inks, though not usually as a full piece,,, I've been using it more for practicing backgrounds and animals :blob_no: One day I'll do a proper character piece with it...

There are *far* too many bad novels I stick around reading just because it has that dynamic... All the braincells I expended reading the MTL of :blob_joy: I like the dynamic too much.........

Think a bit further south! With a lot more islands LOL
HOLY SHEIT. Let's not get started on the price of watercolour paper, I tell you that price is MADNESS. It's definitely beautiful when you use it though, so ugh, you shell the money out anyway... :sweating_profusely:
Aaaaa but at least you're trying and you're using it! Ink has such great pigment. It's not that watercolours are inferior... more like, if one paired them, then it really pops :blob_aww: <-- loves bright colours

Yeah, they're hard to find, aren't they? I can't MTL like you. My brain will go poooooop :blob_shock: Looking up to your ability to hold on, gege!!!! :blob_teary: One day I will grow up and become like you

Ehhh orang indo ke? :blob_aww: Naice
I learned about this genre from Indo senior! They're so nice, although not gong didi enthusiasts :blob_teary:

namio

HOLY SHEIT. Let's not get started on the price of watercolour paper, I tell you that price is MADNESS. It's definitely beautiful when you use it though, so ugh, you shell the money out anyway... :sweating_profusely:
Aaaaa but at least you're trying and you're using it! Ink has such great pigment. It's not that watercolours are inferior... more like, if one paired them, then it really pops :blob_aww: <-- loves bright colours

Yeah, they're hard to find, aren't they? I can't MTL like you. My brain will go poooooop :blob_shock: Looking up to your ability to hold on, gege!!!! :blob_teary: One day I will grow up and become like you

Ehhh orang indo ke? :blob_aww: Naice
I learned about this genre from Indo senior! They're so nice, although not gong didi enthusiasts :blob_teary:
Watercolors are definitely only more affordable to me recently...... and it's partially because I've gotten enough paints over the past 9 years, I can just focus on buying the paper... I'm very glad to stick with it, though! My art definitely improved since I found out about Baohong papers, and it's largely because of how much I can do with the medium...

Ink and watercolors are beautiful together! I try to mix them together sometimes, but honestly, my watercolors tend to be a bit too melancholic or soft for them :blob_pat_sad: What I like to do with a brush and a pool of ink is to make big, quick, bold strokes so I can have that scratchy feel... In short, two styles that are opposites LOL
Also, don't Chinese watercolors (with xuan papers I reckon, but I've never done it myself...) have like, really vibrant results? :blob_hmm: I remember seeing this Japanese seasonal palette and a lot of colors in it are super bright and things I'd never use, but they're geared towards floral works alongside the other, tamer parts of nature...

LJKERHTKJEHSJRTHJKH AWWWW shh you're adorable, tone it down :blob_joy: I am absolutely illiterate and got scarred by a sudden switch from JP classes to Mandarin in 12th grade, now I'm just skating by with MTL and knowing just the characters' names. I think I left my braincells long ago...

Yeah! :blob_okay: Are you from SEA too? :blob_hmm:
Actually, now that you mention it, the ones I talk to also tend not to be that much into that specific dynamic...... hmm. Conspiracy...?

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Watercolors are definitely only more affordable to me recently...... and it's partially because I've gotten enough paints over the past 9 years, I can just focus on buying the paper... I'm very glad to stick with it, though! My art definitely improved since I found out about Baohong papers, and it's largely because of how much I can do with the medium...

Ink and watercolors are beautiful together! I try to mix them together sometimes, but honestly, my watercolors tend to be a bit too melancholic or soft for them :blob_pat_sad: What I like to do with a brush and a pool of ink is to make big, quick, bold strokes so I can have that scratchy feel... In short, two styles that are opposites LOL
Also, don't Chinese watercolors (with xuan papers I reckon, but I've never done it myself...) have like, really vibrant results? :blob_hmm: I remember seeing this Japanese seasonal palette and a lot of colors in it are super bright and things I'd never use, but they're geared towards floral works alongside the other, tamer parts of nature...

LJKERHTKJEHSJRTHJKH AWWWW shh you're adorable, tone it down :blob_joy: I am absolutely illiterate and got scarred by a sudden switch from JP classes to Mandarin in 12th grade, now I'm just skating by with MTL and knowing just the characters' names. I think I left my braincells long ago...

Yeah! :blob_okay: Are you from SEA too? :blob_hmm:
Actually, now that you mention it, the ones I talk to also tend not to be that much into that specific dynamic...... hmm. Conspiracy...?
Omg! I didn't know about those papers! But yeah, it's something you gotta collect over time. I cheated by using watercolor pencils.... :blob_happy: But it can't do the things your watercolors can do!

Mmm yeah, your style's more of washes, right? That's got its own charm too! Soft and gentle are difficult to do, really. So it's a very good style to have! Pigmented colors with a wash........ actually, does that save watercolors? Like if you have a strong pigment, you won't need to use much of it and can just use a lot of water to do a wash. :blob_drool: There we go.... money saving....

Don't worry, you're better than me. :blob_melt: I got my cousin to write all my mandarin homework for me... so while I can speak some of it (mostly speak my parents' dialects), I can't read or write except for basic things like "human", "fish", "horse" and "flower" LOL. I was coping so poorly and scolded/caned everyday in school that I was sent to an English-speaking school........ where I had horrible, doctor handwriting. Fortunately college is mostly about typing reports. :blob_happy: I'm in vocational school now because I can't study :blob_no: So I gotta learn from you and be more resilient.....

Yup yup, your sial punya neighbour from above :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy:
Yeah, everyone seems to like the strong gege looking after the didi but.... best is f*cking shixiongs, they just don't know it yet

namio

Omg! I didn't know about those papers! But yeah, it's something you gotta collect over time. I cheated by using watercolor pencils.... :blob_happy: But it can't do the things your watercolors can do!

Mmm yeah, your style's more of washes, right? That's got its own charm too! Soft and gentle are difficult to do, really. So it's a very good style to have! Pigmented colors with a wash........ actually, does that save watercolors? Like if you have a strong pigment, you won't need to use much of it and can just use a lot of water to do a wash. :blob_drool: There we go.... money saving....

Don't worry, you're better than me. :blob_melt: I got my cousin to write all my mandarin homework for me... so while I can speak some of it (mostly speak my parents' dialects), I can't read or write except for basic things like "human", "fish", "horse" and "flower" LOL. I was coping so poorly and scolded/caned everyday in school that I was sent to an English-speaking school........ where I had horrible, doctor handwriting. Fortunately college is mostly about typing reports. :blob_happy: I'm in vocational school now because I can't study :blob_no: So I gotta learn from you and be more resilient.....

Yup yup, your sial punya neighbour from above :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy:
Yeah, everyone seems to like the strong gege looking after the didi but.... best is f*cking shixiongs, they just don't know it yet
Watercolor pencils behave differently from watercolors, and both are valid approaches to the medium! Watercolors can be so expensive, and it's really understandable why you chose to get those pencils... Money is!! hard!!

Watercolors in general take a long time to use up... Stronger pigments with better quality helps but less so in saving paints (I still have and use my paints from 9 years ago, though I paint quite often. It's a 8 mL tube, so it's very small) but more in actually getting the vibrancy you want. Basically, you don't have to struggle as hard to get the vibrant colors you're looking for~ And when you mix a bunch of it, it doesn't go muddy as fast.

It's awful that you were scolded to that point... :blob_teary: I hope your other school was at least better? Handwriting and neatness of it actually has some relation to some conditions, it's sometimes better and more accommodating to allow people to type. Also vocational schools are good! People being elitist about schooling can come and get my fist :blob_thor: I hope it's in a subject or field that you like! Studying isn't just about classes and textbook, ultimately the real learning experience is life itself... So long as you're able to learn from it, I honestly think you're ahead of anyone's 4 years college education... (sorry cough it's a topic I'm passionate about because I find Asians put too much emphasis on STEM to the detriment of everyone, including STEM people. This world is far too vast and complex for us to have that kind of bull... It also demeans people who are in absolutely crucial roles and fields, and society can't exactly survive without them... Live and let live lah...)
You're already plenty resilient! :blob_pat_sad:

My brain is lagging-- the lion or msia??

I know right!! Gege is already looking after didi in other ways after all... :blob_evil:

namio

for feb rain banner.jpg

May 2020 - Feb 2021 watercolor art comparison, because I can yeehaw
Specifically May 2020 because that's when I started buying Baohong papers, which is 100% cotton; it makes enough of a difference it's not really worth comparing art from before...

Reisinling

Great job! There is certainly an improvement in skill and level of detail, but you also switched styles so hard to say how much exactly. Like the person on the left is obviously a cartoon character, the one on the right, might be a portrait of an actual person in cosplay.

That being said, the position/size of the foot and the flow of the dress make no sense I think? (on the right picture) it looks as if there was a child hidden under the dress. Like seriously, you made me do some yoga on my chair right now and.. well I'm no immortal.

namio

Great job! There is certainly an improvement in skill and level of detail, but you also switched styles so hard to say how much exactly. Like the person on the left is obviously a cartoon character, the one on the right, might be a portrait of an actual person in cosplay.

That being said, the position/size of the foot and the flow of the dress make no sense I think? (on the right picture) it looks as if there was a child hidden under the dress. Like seriously, you made me do some yoga on my chair right now and.. well I'm no immortal.
Haha! I didn't plan the actual sketch and pose well in that one, I admit. But I was mostly interested in the painting part of that picture; the paper I'd used was already dirtied from a previous lineart and drawing on it was miserable, so I just threw figuring out the pose and the accompanying fixing of lineart out of the window.

Heh. Sometimes drawing is just about good enough. There's always next time, after all.

Also, ah, it's actually mostly my relatively lack of familiarity with both the size and feeling of the paper back then that made it a lot more cartoony (read: I was panicking too much to do anything properly), but that's a context that picture lacks I suppose LOL :blob_hmm: This is my art in 2018. The hand in this case is definitely off, but it's not as big a jump in art style.

titania2.jpg

lady maria.jpg

Reisinling

Haha! I didn't plan the actual sketch and pose well in that one, I admit. But I was mostly interested in the painting part of that picture; the paper I'd used was already dirtied from a previous lineart and drawing on it was miserable, so I just threw figuring out the pose and the accompanying fixing of lineart out of the window.

Heh. Sometimes drawing is just about good enough. There's always next time, after all.

Also, ah, it's actually mostly my relatively lack of familiarity with both the size and feeling of the paper back then that made it a lot more cartoony (read: I was panicking too much to do anything properly), but that's a context that picture lacks I suppose LOL :blob_hmm: This is my art in 2018. The hand in this case is definitely off, but it's not as big a jump in art style.

View attachment 6528

View attachment 6529
Nice. But, as related to some other recent post somewhere on the forums... I'm not saying you have a fetish, but you certainly have a preferred style of chin on men you draw :blob_hmm:

namio

Today's (this entire past 4 weeks) been real tiring but today specifically I was on the receiving end of a bad needle insert that might haunt me for the next 10 years so. Man. I just wanna doodle a bunch of gay idiots. Waiting for the anthology to finish and release so I can publicly whine about these two morons...

20210304_001750.jpg

namio

Ooooohhhhh this little brother :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

I'm back gege!! And your art is still so beautiful~~~ :blob_melt::blob_melt::blob_melt::blob_melt:
JVVVJAVJJV That one is a jiejie from Fire Emblem 😉 Titania... so pretty............ a queen....... 😭💖💖

Aaahh welcome back!! Hope you had an at least decent week?
Also, 💖

____

Not drawing an OC but I was painting and my cat decided it was petting time and stepped on the poor bird

20210304_094959.jpg

D

Deleted member 45782

JVVVJAVJJV That one is a jiejie from Fire Emblem 😉 Titania... so pretty............ a queen....... 😭💖💖

Aaahh welcome back!! Hope you had an at least decent week?
Also, 💖

____

Not drawing an OC but I was painting and my cat decided it was petting time and stepped on the poor bird

View attachment 6600
Fire Emblem yeah