Welcome thread for the newbies!

SpearOfLies

//slams in here like john cena

hi, im smolbean, im too old for this and i never learned how to introduce myself properly so pls bear with me and my intentionally horrendous chatting grammarzzzz. o/ plsdonthurtthisbean
  • not a furry. i just uwu a lot. it was ironically used in the beginning and now the uwu has become one with me.
  • u all can call me beanie, bean or dia whichcomesfrommyotherusername
  • i love drawing n doodling, making a e s t h e t i c stuff, rping in private groups, reading and writing ( duh :^) )
  • im a living meme bc otherwise im a depresso espresso coffe beanie yo
  • really into fantasy and slower paced stuff - slice of life being also my go to genre. usually. sometimes there are exceptions.

• recently discovered the tag of villainness noble girls being a fluff magnet. i approve of that.
  • currently im reading Log Horizon and Overlord (probably some more but i often forget titles so rip me); Overlord due to the relationship dynamics between the characters and its development and Log Horizon due to the world building and development being interesting to me. uwu
  • no stories written here yet, but soon👀 ... when i get used to this site and the forums asjkhjsdk
  • using proper punctuation, while chatting or in forums, scares me bc i always think that i fricked up somewhere.
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
*patpat * welcome.

lilyWhiteRose

hello! i am very new to this whole webnovel reading business! i have been reading fanfiction for a while though, so it's not like i'm completely new to communities like this.

name: i go by some other names on the internet, but here you can call me lily here lol
interests/hobbies: reading, drawing, cooking, and playing video games
genres: i'm.... into m/m so my go to is BL or danmei. i like hopeful stories most of all, but i'll read anything that grabs my interest.
favorite books: ah, i haven't read much actual books, just a lot of fanfiction in my life. the one book series i can identify is the Captive Prince series by CS Pacat, which is a BL political intrigue novel. the character development and plot in the series are absolutely amazing... i highly recommend it, but make sure to look for its content warnings beforehand if that's relevant for you. also, the whole reason why i decided to dip my toes into the webnovel community was because i really enjoyed MDZS and all of MXTX's other novels. other than those, i do read a lot of manga, and i'm really into MP100, Golden Kamuy, and The Promised Neverland at the moment...

erm... if any writers for any of the webnovels i read are reading this.... sorry for my long rambling verbose comments haha
(small edit for grammer issues....)

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
hello! i am very new to this whole webnovel reading business! i have been reading fanfiction for a while though, so it's not like i'm completely new to communities like this.

name: i go by some other names on the internet, but here you can call me lily here lol
genres: i'm.... into m/m so my go to is BL or danmei. i like hopeful stories most of all, but i'll read anything that grabs my interest.
favorite books: ah, i haven't read much actual books, just a lot of fanfiction in my life. the one book series i can identify is the Captive Prince series by CS Pacat, which is a BL political intrigue novel. the character development and plot in the series are absolutely amazing... i highly recommend it, but make sure to look for its content warnings beforehand if that's relevant for you. also, the whole reason why i decided to dip my toes into the webnovel community was because i really enjoyed MDZS and all of MXTX's other novels. other than those, i do read a lot of manga, and i'm really into MP100, Golden Kamuy, and The Promised Neverland at the moment...

erm... if any writers for any of the webnovels i read are reading this.... sorry for my long rambling verbose comments haha
welcome to the forum

SpearOfLies

Welcome~

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Hello, hello!

From NUF, still new-ish, but I guess I'll say hi here too before the thread gets too huge later on.

Name/Nickname: Arexio/Rex

Interests/Hobbies: Procrastinating on RL stuff. Love music though, all types. Did band in HS, choir at Uni.

Genres: Never get tired of Zombie Apocalypse, love World-Building stuff (throw your info-dumps at me), and a relatable, realistic MC, in any genre, always does it for me.

Favorites: Hmm...I do like Praise the Orc for its balance (well-developed characters, interesting plot, etc.), and I'm enjoying Trash of the Count's Family for its unconventional nature - great read if you haven't read it yet.

That's pretty much it. I'm here on the forums just to procrastinate on posting more chapters...

Anyway, cool to see familiar old Nuffians aka my seniors.

P.S. +1 on the "Scrubs" name. It has character.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Hello, hello!

From NUF, still new-ish, but I guess I'll say hi here too before the thread gets too huge later on.

Name/Nickname: Arexio/Rex

Interests/Hobbies: Procrastinating on RL stuff. Love music though, all types. Did band in HS, choir at Uni.

Genres: Never get tired of Zombie Apocalypse, love World-Building stuff (throw your info-dumps at me), and a relatable, realistic MC, in any genre, always does it for me.

Favorites: Hmm...I do like Praise the Orc for its balance (well-developed characters, interesting plot, etc.), and I'm enjoying Trash of the Count's Family for its unconventional nature - great read if you haven't read it yet.

That's pretty much it. I'm here on the forums just to procrastinate on posting more chapters...

Anyway, cool to see familiar old Nuffians aka my seniors.

P.S. +1 on the "Scrubs" name. It has character.
welcome to the forum

Chiisutofupuru

Heya~
I am Chiisutofupuru. Some people from other writing communities (discords and Royal Road) may also know me as: The Yandere Darkling
I took up writing as a hobby when I attended middle school a long time ago. Now, I've even taken the pen to other's fictions in hope to help those individuals grow as authors. In different words: I'm a self taught editor of sorts that likes to Mentor others for fun :3

I'm a fan of the fantasy setting because I prefer sword and magic battles in comparison to gun fights. Otherwise, I'd pretty much give any genra a try.
My favorite series, and a big influences on my writing, is the Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. In those novels she's got an amassing minimalist style of writing that lets my imagination run wild in every character perspective she puts me in. Even in normal conversation, there is conflict, conflict that could have dire consequences. I don't remember ever being bored reading her novels. I may have skipped parts I didn't like... while reading the series the third and forth time through >.>

Another thing I've discovered I'm a fan of is the romance and horror combination, and that's where the Yandere part in my nickname comes in. An author named PU77(fictionpress and royalroad) posted yandere fictions and I fell in love with how cute and adorable yandere characters can be, despite being just as equally terrifying. His fics inspired me to write my own cute horror/romance and to create ideas for many other yandere story possibilities too... we'll see.

Last edited:

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Since I'm slowly getting used to the forum here (never was on the NUF) I guess I'll introduce myself too 😁

So, hello there! I'm Yan Su Su and most people tend to call me Su Su for short or, if you're into Chinese stuff, I'll also take Yan-jie or Yan-mei.

I'm into Chinese novels, C-Dramas, as well as Chinese music but slowly widening my scope. Other than that, I do like reading almost everything Gay Romance/BL so hit me up with that. (I take BL Games too!) My favorite novel is "Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil", shortly followed by the "Scum Villain's Self-Saving System" but I'm not necessarily into systems. It can be everything else BL too but I especially love cute stuff ☺ And Fantasy whether it's eastern or western.

Uh, yes, I've been led here by a fellow author so if you also like cute BL with lots of comedy that's a little slice of life and depending on the series a bit cultivation or Fantasy or maybe contemporary instead, then you might want to check out "Oh. My. Fate?!", "Lovely Writing System" (Hah! Talk about systems! 😁 This is the only contemporary one), "Like a Ray in My Night" or "A Little Bunny Looking at the Moon" (which is not a children's book but a BL in hiding instead 😜)

Other than that ... I tend to drop my pronouns when writing on forums and overuse smileys because I think it makes my posts look friendlier 😝

Lukha

mother of all ships
Heyo, so I was first on Novel Updates reading their shiz because I got suckered into the world of Chinese transmigration and reincarnation revenge novels but I absolutely love it so I'm not really complaining :blob_okay: But then I started writing cuz I finished almost all the ones that seemed interesting to me and then babam! here I am, writing my own novel based in the genre.

You can call me Luca, Luka, Lukha, or any variation of the sort because they're basically the same thing. :blob_melt:

I'm interested in a whole bunch of crap, but most recently, I've been really into playing Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (just finished Kingdom Hearts III and I'm sobbing still). So video games, art, writing, reading, and basically anything I can do from the comfort of my own room because I'm sort of lazy. OH, and I'm also really into game music like Nier: Automata and singing, so if y'all gots some Smule, lez hang out.

Tags I often look for are revenge (I'm a sucker for these; it's so satisfying and addicting to read!), and also transmigration, reincarnation, isekai, and BL because I've been a big fat fujoshi since I was a teenager. I've read more homosexual erotic novels than most people, I can say with confidence!

My current favorite online novel (that also has me sobbing) is The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage. SO GOOD. :blob_teary: The protagonists deserve happiness, especially the female lead!! Irl though, in paperback, I'm reading Sleeping Beauties by Stephen & Owen King. It's a hefty book but I try to read it on my commutes to and from work or in my free time (but it's been kind of on the backburner lol).

Right now, I'm writing mainly one story. It's called Wangfei's Desire for Revenge. I've been pleasantly surprised by the positive feedback from others, and I'm glad that there are other people as obsessed with the genre as I am! I'm also casually writing something called the Cat Dairies about my two spoiled cats and their nefarious daily crimes. The latter story is honestly just a way from me to take a bit of a mental break from the main novel for a little cute fun.

I'm also kind of a loner and awkward turtle, but like if y'all feel like trading some BL stuff and yaoi recommendations as well as Chinese revenge novels, hmu pls.

:blob_hide:

white_crow

Hello everyone! First time posting on this forum, was lurking for a while.

Not from NU, though I've gotten interested in it from here

You can call me Onigiri, Oni, <whatever my nick is on discord> but please don't call me food :blob_sweat:

My favorite genre is fantasy, and I also read BL. Not really a genre, but I prefer fluffy stories to gritty ones. Sadly, it's really hard to find all of them at once :blob_teary: (If you have any please tell me)

Favorite novel ... one of my favorite stories is a one-shot on Wattpad lol, not sure if that counts.

I'm not a writer, though I do plan to write some novels ... eventually. (probably of the aforementioned type)

I will be in your care, fellow Scrubs Scribblers!

OddJamm

~Sweet Preservatives~
Hello~ I've been lurking on NUF(just a little bit, still a newbie to dis) and recently joined here and NUF. You can call me Jam, Odd, or whatever is fine.

My favorites are yuri!!! And romance+fluff of any kind. I also like modern fantasy and is a sucker for systems(quick Transmigrations are good!!! Me like!! Ahem..). I dislike tragedy and just dragging out the drama for too long. I also don't really like harem or characters that is just too 2-D. *whisper* I also like things that make me cry

My favorite novels... I can't remember one right off my head but I usually enjoy ones such as I'm really a superstar (but I've stopped reading that one because of how long, repetitive + I can't keep up with the costs) and other modern fantasy novels. And I have a series on here! Its called A Low-Key Winner's Life. I'll be in your care!:blob_hide::blob_aww:

Last edited:

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Hello everyone! First time posting on this forum, was lurking for a while.

Not from NU, though I've gotten interested in it from here

You can call me Onigiri, Oni, <whatever my nick is on discord> but please don't call me food :blob_sweat:

My favorite genre is fantasy, and I also read BL. Not really a genre, but I prefer fluffy stories to gritty ones. Sadly, it's really hard to find all of them at once :blob_teary: (If you have any please tell me)

Favorite novel ... one of my favorite stories is a one-shot on Wattpad lol, not sure if that counts.

I'm not a writer, though I do plan to write some novels ... eventually. (probably of the aforementioned type)

I will be in your care, fellow Scrubs Scribblers!
Hello~ I've been lurking on NUF and recently joined here and NUF. You can call me Jam, Odd, or whatever is fine.

My favorites are yuri!!! And romance+fluff of any kind. I also like modern fantasy and is a sucker for systems(quick Transmigrations are good!!! Me like!! Ahem..). I dislike tragedy and just dragging out the drama for too long. I also don't really like harem or characters that is just too 2-D.

My favorite novels... I can't remember one right off my head but I usually enjoy ones such as I'm really a superstar (but I've stopped reading that one because of how long, repetitive + I can't keep up with the costs) and other modern fantasy novels. And I have a series on here! Its called A Low-Key Winner's Life. I'll be in your care!:blob_hide::blob_aww:
welcome to the forum and have fun here

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
While I know most of the users here are migrating from Novel Update Forums but I'm pretty sure along with the ones from the other forum there will be members that are completely new so that's the purpose of this thread! To welcome the newbies.

An example of the intro would probably be good so here's mine
I'm called Ophious but people here usually call me Ophi or Phiphi for short
Well since I'm here you can probably tell I have a deep interest in reading novels, games anime and manga are also things I like, basically I'm like an average person. I do like cooking a little and gardening is starting to become a boom in my family and I might join
Current favourite has got to be my sister the villainess by cupcake ninja, there will be r18 scenes later but it'll be indicated in the chapter title and isn't necessary to read for the plot! I like it since it's quote funny
Genres I prefer are fantasy, comedy and slice of life
Not really into deep dark stuff
Hello hello I am Nyan from NUF! ^o^/ But I am a complete newbie on SH so please go easy on me sensei! >.<

I like BL and only read/ watch BL(ish) or no romance Asian media these days >w</ With exceptions of a few GL mangas.

I am not too good on novel recs and in fact only started reading them because of a certain BL novel with got me hooked! I have yet to start reading on SH :blob_paint: Please gimme good BL recs! >e</

@Arexio (uwaaahhhh you look so hot! >///<) @TwilightForest hi! >w</

Hopetoread

Hello hello I am Nyan from NUF! ^o^/ But I am a complete newbie on SH so please go easy on me sensei! >.<

I like BL and only read/ watch BL(ish) or no romance Asian media these days >w</ With exceptions of a few GL mangas.

I am not too good on novel recs and in fact only started reading them because of a certain BL novel with got me hooked! I have yet to start reading on SH :blob_paint: Please gimme good BL recs! >e</

@WelcomeToSH and hope you will be able to enjoy this place as well

Arexio

Coffee Addict
:blob_highfive:

Haha thanks! Archer is best boi after all~
(I have so many pics of him on my pinterest lol).

Also, I'm currently reading To the Start of a New World (BL) thanks to @BB_Tensei's, and it's been pretty great so far. Check out the synopsis and see if it's for you!

Glad you made it over here safely, Nyan!

Last edited:

JJglas

Hi, hello and greetings! I don't know how I got here but I'll stick around to see what's up. I'm a novice martial artist whose by no means any good but if you want some basic insights feel free to ask. I'm also an artist when I'm not lazy.
My favorite genres are action and comedy. I read mostly manga so it's taking some getting use to all the chinese stuff on this site.
The only game I'm playing at the moment is Sekiro and it's the only game I've ever played where beating a boss makes me want to fight it again.