How do you find motivation?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45782

Kinda been struggling to find motivation, even for completing certain things that should be priorities to hobbies.
How do you go about finding motivation? (aside from grades and financial sustenance).
Any tips for getting motivated again?

LotsChrono

Kinda been struggling to find motivation, even for completing certain things that should be priorities to hobbies.
How do you go about finding motivation? (aside from grades and financial sustenance).
Since the last person posted a video/song, I thought I would do the same, for those that help me find motivation.
In essence, most of my motivation comes from knowing that failing to do something is missing out on that chance. Failing to finish or continue writing a story is missing the feeling of that accomplishment, those small successes with each chapter completion. On another note, I'm reminded that its somewhat hollow whenever I stand still, doing nothing.

I find motivation internally, from my own desire to work hard and accomplish what I wish to.

LotsChrono

I remind myself that I could die any day. One of my boyfriends died in a traffic collision in 2015.
Sorry for your loss, and I agree that knowing the inevitability of death, how limited time is for each of us, is a great motivator.

Also, lovely song, I'll be adding that to my playlist.

D

Deleted member 45782

In essence, most of my motivation comes from knowing that failing to do something is missing out on that chance. Failing to finish or continue writing a story is missing the feeling of that accomplishment, those small successes with each chapter completion. On another note, I'm reminded that its somewhat hollow whenever I stand still, doing nothing.
Nice. A friend mentioned something like this to me recently and told me to take the chance to pursue my writing. And that i won't know until later on and I may regret the chance of missing out on doing some creativity. I feel conflicted though cause i know i need to be more focused on my future career wise, although its two completely contrasting things which sorta drains my motivation for both since sometimes it feels like a constant tug of war inside.

D

Deleted member 45782

i delete my story drafts and ideas if my work isnt done. sure gets me motivated to get shit done caause i love my philosophical musings and ideas for story
Sounds a bit relatable i think. Being hard on ourselves to push us to go to greater lengths sometimes does help spark something. Love the inner philosophical musings as well. XD

LotsChrono

Nice. A friend mentioned something like this to me recently and told me to take the chance to pursue my writing. And that i won't know until later on and I may regret the chance of missing out on doing some creativity. I feel conflicted though cause i know i need to be more focused on my future career wise, although its two completely contrasting things which sorta drains my motivation for both since sometimes it feels like a constant tug of war inside.
That's a good friend. And I'll wish you luck on that tug of war, it's a hard decision for anyone.

Businesssn

Brick-San the god of wholesome hentai
Dont watch anything realily good, i dunno why but it makes me lose mine. To gain it well music

Legi0n

As far as writing, do it at your own place when you feel it. Try to take lots of breaks, stand up an walk a bit. Most time you have motivation to write but is being covered by discomfort.

For life it's all about self-discipline (for things you HAVE to do) and again finding your own pace. Don't feel it to do today? Don't force yourself or you will gradually complete lose motivation to do things.
Sonetimes everyone needs to recharge batteries.

P.s.: if is to workout, my main motivation was love. Which is the reason I'm still not fit :P

Edit: point is, it's all your choice. Really.

D

Deleted member 45782

For life it's all about self-discipline (for things you HAVE to do) and again finding your own pace. Don't feel it to do today? Don't force yourself or you will gradually complete lose motivation to do things.
Sonetimes everyone needs to recharge batteries.
True. I know its mainly discipline self-perseverance. I have tried forcing myself to get things needed done, but I feel like I'm dragging my feet more than anything and its not really going places. I have tried to learn some things, but it fails bc I don't really discipline myself to stick to it and not get distracted. That being said, I know I can't give up either, though I feel like not really caring and just want a long nice break after years of studying.
P.s.: if is to workout, my main motivation was love. Which is the reason I'm still not fit :P
Hehe...I feel like I have become that chubby seal since the pandemic. Probably need to exercise. Grab some patterns and let my pet chase me around. Will do great for me and them both to exercise.
Edit: point is, it's all your choice. Really.
True.

Thanks @Legi0n for your words. Gotta find a way to get that self-discipline in check again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spica66

Gaining motivation through procrastination.

I usually use musics. My hobbies and interests are mostly about creation. Matching the mood and tone of musics with what I want to create, musics work like a catalyst to me.

Almost all the time I'm alone I listen to a music, but usually immerse myself around 1-2 hours/day. I like to use headphones because of privacy, concentration, and less noise to others.

Edit: My work is coding, so it's similar to my hobbies. Depends on what kind of task you need to be done, match the song mood that makes you productive. For example: In physical job you might want to feel empowered and undefeatable, choose the beat, melody, and lyrics to match the job. Basically is to fill the essential emotions that are required for the task.

Last edited:

Ruriha

Well-known Procrastinator
In emptiness do you find the value in everything. That's why procrastinating is important too
There's nothing like the rush you get when you're running on a deadline, it's the best motivation you can get.

D

Deleted member 45782

In emptiness do you find the value in everything. That's why procrastinating is important too
There's nothing like the rush you get when you're running on a deadline, it's the best motivation you can get.
Damn this is so true. I feel more motivation to write something when procrastinating on the bigger things/priorities than having bunch of time available and pondering what now on what to write.

D

Deleted member 45782

Gaining motivation through procrastination.

Matching the mood and tone of musics with what I want to create, musics work like a catalyst to me.
I do it somewhat but will note this down. Maybe I need to match the mood with the tone of music more and stay on track. Thanks.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Try to think why things you do are important to you personally, why you would want to do them