SSSC IV

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
After a long(?) break, SSSC is back once again! There's been some changes made to the rules so please do read it again :blob_aww:

What is SSSC?
Scribble Short Story Competition is an unofficial contest for authors and readers to participate! The goal is for you guys to write a short story based on the given prompts. Hopefully, you'll gain experience as well as have fun while writing or reading the short stories. Story submitted will be included in an anthology of all the SSSC.

How do you enter?
To enter the competition all you need to do is post your story on the website like normal. After you've posted the story, go to the story's setting and there should be a contest section, select the SSSC IV contest tag and your story will be in the competition!

Rules
  1. Minimum of 2,000 words. Maximum of 8,000 words.
  2. NSFW stories are allowed but include the corresponding tags and warnings.
  3. New stories only.
  4. Post the story into a single chapter.
  5. Submission period ends on the 27th of May. Voting period ends on the 3rd of June at 23:59 (11:59 PM) GMT Timezone.
  6. Readers vote by favouriting the story chapter.
  7. If you don't want your story to be included into the SSSC Anthology, PM me.
Prizes
Our Lord and saviour @Tony has been kind enough to bless a prize onto this unofficial competition. 1st and 2nd place gets Discord Nitro for 1 month.

Last edited:

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Similar to SSSC III, there are 3 prompts. You can choose one or more as long as your story fits with one of the given prompt!

2. There is another world on the other side of the mirror. A character falls through the mirror, and now has to survive their strange situation. (Provided by Ars)

3. Genre: Horror, Key Item: A bottle, Main Character: Cockroach

Last edited:

DaoFox

『Silkmaid』『Queen Sylvia Glasscrest of Arya』
does prompt 1 have to be in that direction? what about the reverse?

as for #3... pass.

Scribbler

Prompt number 3 made me think of a post-apocalypse story in a world where the only civilizations left are cockroach ones. And the story would be about a group of cockroaches attempting to find The Bottle - their only hope for salvation.

It gives me Metro and 9 (the movie) vibes.

I probably won't write it. But I really, really want to. So I might.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
does prompt 1 have to be in that direction? what about the reverse?

as for #3... pass.
As long as your story is linked to the prompt. It can be in reverse.

DaoFox

now just need to write my story and wait for SSSC IV option to go live in story editor.

mrsimple

Writer
Prompt number 3 made me think of a post-apocalypse story in a world where the only civilizations left are cockroach ones. And the story would be about a group of cockroaches attempting to find The Bottle - their only hope for salvation.

It gives me Metro and 9 (the movie) vibes.

I probably won't write it. But I really, really want to. So I might.
That is a pretty neat take on #3. You have my full support in writing that one, and I'll be interested in how it turns out. :blob_popcorn:

now just need to write my story and wait for SSSC IV option to go live in story editor.
Hehe, ditto. In the meantime, I'll be thinking on what direction I want this story to flow. :blob_hmm_two:

Nyanko

The Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep
After a long(?) break, SSSC is back once again! There's been some changes made to the rules so please do read it again :blob_aww:

What is SSSC?
Scribble Short Story Competition is an unofficial contest for authors and readers to participate! The goal is for you guys to write a short story based on the given prompts. Hopefully, you'll gain experience as well as have fun while writing or reading the short stories. Story submitted will be included in an anthology of all the SSSC.

How do you enter?
To enter the competition all you need to do is post your story on the website like normal. After you've posted the story, go to the story's setting and there should be a contest section, select the SSSC IV contest tag and your story will be in the competition!

Rules
  1. Minimum of 2,000 words. Maximum of 8,000 words.
  2. NSFW stories are allowed but include the corresponding tags and warnings.
  3. New stories only.
  4. Post the story into a single chapter.
  5. Submission period ends on the 27th of May. Voting period ends on the 3rd of June at 23:59 (11:59 PM) GMT Timezone.
  6. Readers vote by favouriting the story chapter.
  7. If you don't want your story to be included into the SSSC Anthology, PM me.
Prizes
Our Lord and saviour @Tony has been kind enough to bless a prize onto this unofficial competition. 1st and 2nd place gets Discord Nitro for 1 month.
You were supposed to @ me on discord when you put this up
Nyan is now sad

Nyanko

The Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep
Check your pings, I mentioned you twice on the server

Must have gotten lost between the mountains of birthday mentions I got. Thanks~ no longer sad. Now have to think of a concept for a story. Hmm

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Ufufufu a prompt provided by Ars? How very interesting I must join >:)

Reactions: ars

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I forgot to mention that the winner of this competition will be granted the opportunity to provide a prompt for the next SSSC!

mrsimple

Writer
I forgot to mention that the winner of this competition will be granted the opportunity to provide a prompt for the next SSSC!
If so, will we be permitted to enter that contest with the foreknowledge of what is an option?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
If so, will we be permitted to enter that contest with the foreknowledge of what is an option?
You won't definitely know because the winner will provide 3 prompts. I'll select one of the three.

DaoFox

when do the SSSC4 submissions appear on homepage? I know there are 2 entries so far but it looks like none.