Bugged/glitchy games

Agentt

Thighs
So, we all have read books about characters getting reincarnated in games and making use of the glitches to work wonders. Even in real life, speed runners seem to effortlessly jump at a particular spot to skip an whole area using glitches. So you can undestand my excitement when I was chosen to be a tester for a pre released morpg. But what I found was...well, the game was glitchy, alright. Glitchy enough to have a breakdown when ever
1. I defeated the enemy before the dialog was completed,
2. I kill the boss without using the secret attack as the tutorial told me to.
3. I use the secret attack before the tutorial told me about its existence.
4. And randomly.
So I wanted to ask. Did anyone of you ever found a useful glitch in your own?

Napelynn

So, we all have read books about characters getting reincarnated in games and making use of the glitches to work wonders. Even in real life, speed runners seem to effortlessly jump at a particular spot to skip an whole area using glitches. So you can undestand my excitement when I was chosen to be a tester for a pre released morpg. But what I found was...well, the game was glitchy, alright. Glitchy enough to have a breakdown when ever
1. I defeated the enemy before the dialog was completed,
2. I kill the boss without using the secret attack as the tutorial told me to.
3. I use the secret attack before the tutorial told me about its existence.
4. And randomly.
So I wanted to ask. Did anyone of you ever found a useful glitch in your own?
I found an interesting way to move through one block gaps in Terraria. It was pretty useless besides messing around though...

Agentt

Thighs
I found an interesting way to move through one block gaps in Terraria. It was pretty useless besides messing around though...
That's still amazing. But if it is just 1 block, would you get stuck in ground if there were multiple blocks or you couldn't do it?

Napelynn

That's still amazing. But if it is just 1 block, would you get stuck in ground if there were multiple blocks or you couldn't do it?
I'm pretty sure it would still work. It would be pretty slow though.

Agentt

Thighs
I remember I once found a way to make infinite money in a text based rpg. I contacted the devs saying I found a glitch but I will tell them only on the condition that I still get to use it. Guess what happened next?
So, you can contact them too. Unlike my case, just don't be arrogant.

Napelynn

I remember I once found a way to make infinite money in a text based rpg. I contacted the devs saying I found a glitch but I will tell them only on the condition that I still get to use it. Guess what happened next?
Yeah... Being that arrogant is pretty dumb...

Agentt

Thighs
Yeah... Being that arrogant is pretty dumb...
Well, I thought I'll be in news or something...discovering a glitch is a pretty big deal. But by next day that glitch was gone and I was reduced to level 1 for 'technical reasons' they haven't repaired for over an year now.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Old game: Lego Rock Raiders.

Several actually:
Infinite duplication of ore (one of two main resources). put two in, get five out... per cycle.

Spawn conditions for a specific type of enemy. This enemy attacks buildings, put only powered ones. By managing resources, the spawn condition could be avoided until the nearly the end of the level, where I would then power down my entire base before completing that final step.

The fact that mining lasers in the game, with the exception of one on the ultimate drilling vehicle... can't actually be used for mining. At all.

Agentt

Thighs
Old game: Lego Rock Raiders.

Several actually:
Infinite duplication of ore (one of two main resources). put two in, get five out... per cycle.

Spawn conditions for a specific type of enemy. This enemy attacks buildings, put only powered ones. By managing resources, the spawn condition could be avoided until the nearly the end of the level, where I would then power down my entire base before completing that final step.
I used to play it too in childhood. I remember that once, idk why, but the enemy began attacking themself and then froze at that place, just spinning. From that level on, they would always be at that place, spinning and bieng unlikable.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
I used to play it too in childhood. I remember that once, idk why, but the enemy began attacking themself and then froze at that place, just spinning. From that level on, they would always be at that place, spinning and bieng unlikable.
In that case, I might as well tell you:

The enemy glitch that I found was on the second to last level. Slimy slugs.
Spawn condition: Have more than 10 energy crystals in storage.
Win condition: Have 45 energy crystals.

The trick: vehicles don't count, meaning you can store all the energy, then teleport everyone out, turn off everything, and have just one or two rock raiders with small trucks collect everything.

Power station and Tool store are immune, as they take no power.

Ore duping was even simpler: if you build a building using a stud from the ore refinery, it gives back raw ore if you then remove the building.

Agentt

Thighs
In that case, I might as well tell you:

The enemy glitch that I found was on the second to last level. Slimy slugs.
Spawn condition: Have more than 10 energy crystals in storage.
Win condition: Have 45 energy crystals.

The trick: vehicles don't count, meaning you can store all the energy, then teleport everyone out, turn off everything, and have just one or two rock raiders with small trucks collect everything.

Power station and Tool store are immune, as they take no power.

Ore duping was even simpler: if you build a building using a stud from the ore refinery, it gives back raw ore if you then remove the building.
Ahhhh...that was too complicated for me. You sure were dedicated at that game.

xluferx

My memory is fussy but i do remember in some games the boss just stopped attacking so I poked it to death