Gaming Discussion(Bad Experiences?)

Valmond

Alright. Let me just warm up my car instead of my food because I want to back the fuck away.

Well, at some point, the Tales series has a problem with their story which ruins my motivation to play the game. Story falling short is a big issue when it comes to RPG, especially when the character feels like a robot. I do have a lot of experiences since I've played different games for 7 years, but hey, I don't really mind if a game sucks shit or whatever, as long as I am having fun. Or sometimes, when a game sucks, I just try different things to make it fun so I can play the game without complaining shit about it.

Centrist, I'd call myself. My opinion is equal as long as I am the one holding the mouse and keyboard to play the game, but if I am going to make a serious opinion, then, of course, I'd say true to what the game really is.

You said you'd played all of the games I mentioned, right? Well, sounds kind of something I'd doubt, but whatever. The fact is that we're playing games to become entertained and learn different things inside the game. If I am gonna play a game just to be stressed the fuck out, I'd rather step the fuck out and play different games that I enjoy.
Trust me, I’ve played enough games to try various methods to try and get through some of them.

Sometimes, I put on a movie. Youtube, another game at the same time. Eventually making it through. I’ve always beaten every game I’ve played. However, doesn’t really help when I have to desperately try to get through it. 😐

I am more of a critical gamer. It became that way due to just how many I’ve played. When at that point, it more or less would be of appreciation to play something on a similar quality, or better. Slightly less is okay.

It is more about if I start something, I finish it.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Trust me, I’ve played enough games to try various methods to try and get through some of them.

Sometimes, I put on a movie. Youtube, another game at the same time. Eventually making it through. I’ve always beaten every game I’ve played. However, doesn’t really help when I have to desperately try to get through it. 😐

I am more of a critical gamer. It became that way due to just how many I’ve played. When at that point, it more or less would be of appreciation to play something on a similar quality, or better. Slightly less is okay.

It is more about if I start something, I finish it.
I respect that since we're all unique people in the first place, and I've had that kind of mindset in the past so I can relate that much. However, trying to expect the same quality or even half the quality of the game you like the best would limit you to playing different games. Sometimes, mindsets like that are easily affected by people who make negative reviews of games, pulling you out of playing the game, or judging the game by it's cover or whatever. But hey, it's not like I know that much about you. Just telling you that keeping up high-standards over games is somehow more of how a hypocrite would be.

Well, speaking of uploading into youtube. I've been thinking of doing that once I finally download Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the game I've recorded with OBS. I've been gaining a lot of views lately.

Valmond

I respect that since we're all unique people in the first place, and I've had that kind of mindset in the past so I can relate that much. However, trying to expect the same quality or even half the quality of the game you like the best would limit you to playing different games. Sometimes, mindsets like that are easily affected by people who make negative reviews of games, pulling you out of playing the game, or judging the game by it's cover or whatever. But hey, it's not like I know that much about you. Just telling you that keeping up high-standards over games is somehow more of how a hypocrite would be.

Well, speaking of uploading into youtube. I've been thinking of doing that once I finally download Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the game I've recorded with OBS. I've been gaining a lot of views lately.
Yeah, I’ve been trying to push it out. That things change over time. Better or for worse. However, it is pretty difficult to see something good, then get something not so much.

And that’s great, it sounds like you’re really making head weight.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
A lot of games really come out to disappoint...

The latest Lara Croft games killed my childhood hero in the name of capitalism, the Dragon Age games are selling their golden character interaction for painfully forced plot, and the magical girl game I love is full of paedo shots that feel like a sweaty old lecher is controlling your camera.

These days, I wait to buy anything so I won't be disappointed.

Valmond

A lot of games really come out to disappoint...

The latest Lara Croft games killed my childhood hero in the name of capitalism, the Dragon Age games are selling their golden character interaction for painfully forced plot, and the magical girl game I love is full of paedo shots that feel like a sweaty old lecher is controlling your camera.

These days, I wait to buy anything so I won't be disappointed.
That is for the best. I try to do more research now. However, sometimes it can suffer from two things. One, inaccurate reviews, or two, little none at all. So it is either I am going in with a false idea, or I gotta take a chance. The second option, I usually take a chance on the right one of a series, but then get disappointed with a later continuation. The first one, it really ticks me off. Since you go on in expecting generally what is said and agreed upon, just to realize, they were really just trying to say something good for the hell of saying something good. 😐

Still, it is not often I get disappointed. I am usually good at spotting out quality works. It is just that within a span of six months, I hit three of them. Which is very unusual, maybe I am getting rusty at this. 😂

Reisinling

I seem to be the outlier here, but I pretty much never buy games that have less then 60% in review scores. The last game I was disappointed in was one that was my bad I guess- Vampyr, I bought it on sale as it was on my wishlist, but I must have mistaken it for some other game when I added it, because I thought it was an isometric RPG, and it was an action game. That might have still been fine if it wasn't a shaddy console port (no FoV slider, the UI was far too big for a monitor, and the character took 1/3 of the screen which made the game look boring). Also, controls using keyboard were terrible.

@Moonpearl what magical girl game? I assume that apart from those shots its good?

Valmond

I seem to be the outlier here, but I pretty much never buy games that have less then 60% in review scores. The last game I was disappointed in was one that was my bad I guess- Vampyr, I bought it on sale as it was on my wishlist, but I must have mistaken it for some other game when I added it, because I thought it was an isometric RPG, and it was an action game. That might have still been fine if it wasn't a shaddy console port (no FoV slider, the UI was far too big for a monitor, and the character took 1/3 of the screen which made the game look boring). Also, controls using keyboard were terrible.

@Moonpearl what magical girl game? I assume that apart from those shots its good?
Games I usually buy are rated high. Ya know, around the lines of 7 to 10 range. However, over the years. I have gotten disappointed with quite a bit of games ranged that high. Honestly, I have played better games rated lower.

And yeah...console games with keyboard, some of them can be very problematic. Reminds me of the time I played Nights of Azure. Loved the game, hated the keyboard...😐

I have never used an entire keyboard before until that game. 🤨

The game is fine with simple commands, all the way up to the True Ending bosses. Then you’d really need to know how use the more complex features.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
"Blue Reflection"

I didn't manage to get very far in it, but it was an intriguing game.
I actually listen to Blue Reflection's ost even though I don't play the game. 😅
And yeah...console games with keyboard, some of them can be very problematic. Reminds me of the time I played Nights of Azure. Loved the game, hated the keyboard...😐
Not a keyboard gamer, huh? Or get used to it!