BL Reading Club! (M/m fiction) for Readers and Writers!

BL Events! Would you be interested in participating?

• Total voters

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Wah, don't eat me @tiaf! I just got here. I promise I'm not very filling. :blob_teary:
Ehhh, I don’t eat strawberries.
I wear them with whipped cream.

Last edited:

99blueroses

Thus, 1st question -- does an anthology or competition event centered on BL interest any of you?

2nd question, just to start a discussion or to get better acquainted with each other -- what is your BL-writer history? (Where did you first discover BL? How did you come to SH? What are your specific interests in the genre or issues that bother you?) :blob_aww:

\(*o*)/ love you all!

1) YES! But I don't think I'll have enough energy to participate in writing. I would LOVE to read it though.
2) Hello! This is actually my first BL work. I wrote a couple of short stories when I was younger but they were usually a het-pairing or non-specified. The idea and characters have been living in my head for years, it wasn't even omegaverse at first. It went through a couple of revisions before I took a leap of faith and just went with it. I discovered BL through reading books but a whole new world opened up to me when I discovered omegaverse from manga. The whole concept was both primal and romantic but it had way too many works with non-con. So here I am!

jmitsitsiyo

Thus, 1st question -- does an anthology or competition event centered on BL interest any of you?

2nd question, just to start a discussion or to get better acquainted with each other -- what is your BL-writer history? (Where did you first discover BL? How did you come to SH? What are your specific interests in the genre or issues that bother you?) :blob_aww:

1. I am interested in both. You could write and read at the same time! Fun!

2. I am not sure when discovered BL but I can tell that the one that pulled me in this genre is the anime HYBRID CHILD. I could remember it very well since I've been crying like at 3 AM. Then things just happened flawlessly after. I read manga then started watching BL anime. After that, I went to written works until I came across the danmei community. It was the most anticipating year for me. I am flooded with new information and the unique way of writing danmei made me fall in love with it. I am already writing before I discovered BL. I don't really do much with whatever gender my characters have. For me, girl or guy characters, everyone is pretty much the same. I treat them as humans and humans need no gender to earn respect. So writing BL for me isn't something controversial.

I discovered SH from novelupdates. I looked up the site and just decided to join hoping to read more stories. I felt like I'm running out of stories to read hahaahha. Novelupdates is no longer enough hahaha. I am interested in genres focusing on sci-fi, apocalypse, and omegaverse. I like how these genres can be manipulated in many ways.... and often most of them are very angsty. I don't like to cry but the feeling of having your heart wrench is really very touching-

The stories that bother me are the ones with characters that are very unreasonable. Like, you know, the type where you just cringe and just want to throw the character away because they don't seem to be using their brains to think... hahhha that's quite harsh. Though it bothers me, I am pretty much fine with any genre. I have preferences but my thirst to read more stories overcame that hahaha.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I discovered SH from novelupdates. I looked up the site and just decided to join hoping to read more stories. I felt like I'm running out of stories to read hahaahha. Novelupdates is no longer enough hahaha. I am interested in genres focusing on sci-fi, apocalypse, and omegaverse. I like how these genres can be manipulated in many ways.... and often most of them are very angsty. I don't like to cry but the feeling of having your heart wrench is really very touching-
There should be an anthology of short stories by fellow BL lovers and authors coming out after 30th March!
\o/

I love those genres, too!
*huggles you lots and lots*

\(^O^)/

X

A dark and sinister spell, this one is...

I am summoning... EVERY BL writer from the main site!

AWAKEN, my fellow BL-ers!

@Owl @cissy_eden @jmitsitsiyo @crimson_carnation @Lost_Strings @yansusustories @Jolliapplegirl @ViviCris @Amarathia @Silvareiel @Afterdarkfish @I_Love_Cats @Waterrain @Ruyi @deathbydanmei @DogFood @luzu @RavenousAppetite @lesson101 @Leviathan @LauraSFox @tiaf @Nilphy @Nit_7_7 @BlackyRose @ars @DominiqueAd @MyLadyQueen @lazyredragon @Ginseng @FantasyDeath @Tinypandahero @upwardplane @HantaHanna @TLCsDestiny @Shellyrill @ohko @Metri26 @Lunnear @mrsimple @I_am_not_a_robot @Animestar411 @sucessor @ForeverPupa @LostinMovement @AngieOwlie @BlankBook @cecilly @KaPi @spiderlily86 @QingSe @xiaolong @thisworldofmine1 @MatchaMilk @Lon3ly @iamaducklingwriter @IshiiMichiko @RoseRogan @Ozmafia @bjwebb @Lulible @yiyuehua @Wretch @Hikaro @theflowerbed @UnattainableBlueRose @AlwaysxDreaming @Chaleuria @Elamimax @HJ @LucyPanDora @Haku @Danshi @Bunch_Munchy_Crap @Hoshiandme @kitkat2010 @Mayfire @BlaqkLotus @AutumnLeaves @5hehzada @bafflinghaze @Dekuwu321 @reika @Pandoraeh @Lukha @Xenoglossia @flowerie @namio @dandydanes @RaySizm @TruffleMashPotats @TingTang @Hoxrox @Altersaside @Aachiin0914 @skara @Ai-chan @Wesh @ShadyFamily @positiveaddictchan @Kldran @Geek_Aflame @Emiliine @RandomUser12321 @ShenTanHeng @silverkittie @Silverty @lovelymezzo @bloomone1 @wazi @nife999 @addison @Sheng_Ling @paputsza @selfsabotaged @CuddleGoblin @binarysoap @glowingreverie @Yakichou @featherquills @TrulyUnderstandablyConfused @XiaoBubbleMengXue @SerenaJones @lilGoat @WhiteMim @NotFar_YetNotClose @strawberryseason @verielle.crest @Velester @CheezyMayo @ElectronicStars @Seridy @cravingsoul @Staria @Ylle-QinMo @Infinitetree @brida96 @harukot @Polinsesi @osuoha @fujostea @This_Venerable_One @cutewinx @NefariousSage @Tomiki @TheIronTreeBlooms @Heart @BB8 @Sheepishlysleeping @Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy @KaraKuriKurari @SpitefulTofu @LingShan0218 @Ame-Tora @thirtytyrants @Fuku_Fuku @Yearafteryear @Lacrima @SoleilBlue_ @NomadicStardust @Midnight-Moon @Leverance @FaveloCzeist @TheInsaneWitch @Yuhannaxi @Luxican @FeelingsPuree @.Lance @lestragon @JustMe123456789 @XiaoNaYe @Serpham @GuangLanhua @DangerousFluffball @CeeRey_BL_Life @Gurukyuu @INUHim-SAMA @j.roro @Qwaile @shi0h @hime.quack @ThoughtsRoamGuy @Bender @MisokoFukumoto @OrchidBliss @Geoliza @Randomname @necrofficial @ScrapAuthorProducingScraps @Avatar_GenderBender @RJMidnight @xinde @LucyDarkness @Tamashitoana @cherry_boylove @LonelyAlien @aogurtt @CallMeAJ @Ozmafia @1426367856 @Blossom_From_Fear @DarkBirdo @Sphinxdroid @AdorableDumpling @malaysian_asian @AriaKang @Org @nanamisashiwa @Shin_hye @YINXUX @judeiiro @sunflower @red2angel @Zcythe @Gremory @QiangYueCaihongQYCH @Pink_Byeol @daydreambliss27 @duelsharks @iDrinkLatte @shiiro @ShiroEinzbern @calderetta @FavreMyOrange @DexterDarko @JBoston110 @The_Long_Serpent @heheawecomemana @Kalip

The reason I am summoning you? Is because I was thinking a lot about starting some kind of a BL-centered thread where we can promote each other and build a community. Due to @minacia 's recent survey poll about SH demographics, it turns out that BL is the most hated genre here on SH :blob_teary: . Therefore, we need to keep close and help each other promote ourselves, support our genre, or at least be a bit tighter as an official biggest niche community on SH ^^.

In short, I was thinking of one day starting something like an anthology event for BL shorts aka @Moonpearl 's Yuri Garden Anthology Events only for BL, obviously ^^. Short stories can promote and expand our reader and author base, so I think it might not be a bad idea? But to do that I wanted to fish for interest first -- are there enough active BL-members on this site? Do they even come to the forums? Are they interested in a genre-centered community? :blob_hmm: NUF has a BL-centric thread solely for BL discussions, and maybe we need one, too? Not sure. We'll find out ^^.

\(*o*)/ love you all!

Edit Note: We now have a private BL room here on the SHF, so if you are a BL author and you post in this thread, you'll get an invite there!

Added a Poll for the shy ones @_@.
Explanation for the poll here:
Well, aren't I fashionably late? About 4 months late...:sweat_smile:
*cough*
Well, answer to your first question! Yes anthologies and competitions very much do interest me as much as good books. Though a very fatal flaw about me is that I can never finish a book I start and even if I do, it takes quite a lot of time so it's really nice to meet other authors and talking to them give me more energy(?) to try and complete my book. Of course events like these also do the same!

Now answer to the second one! How did I end up in SH...hmm...well I supposed it just happened? I stumbled across it while searching for danmei in Novelupdates and then got introduced to the world of SH! Yup as uneventful as that! My specific interests well, are dark plots yet I also love to go back to reading cliches once I finish novels with intense plot lines. And I really like reading stories where the uke/shou is a muscular and soft bottom *cough* and switch couples! *I missed this part of the question so don't mind me slipping it over here...* I first found the genre with the anime Yuri on Ice! At first I had a very narrow-minded view with homosexual stories but now I've grown to love them as much as straight romances! I started off with shounen ai, then went to yaoi, then wattpad and then danmei and finally SH!
There are a lot of things that bug me with this genre and and one of them is...the rape=love in this genre. There are hundreds of mangas and novels where this troupe is present and it's very unsettling because forced sexual activity is not something that can be brushed off as a joke. This is also one of the reasons why BL isn't viewed in a positive light. Thankfully times are changing and authors are now changing their mindsets.

I'm really glad such an initiative is being taken up! Thank you so much!! Once again super sorry for being so damn late-

Businesssn

Brick-San the god of wholesome hentai
I will leave now to make girl love foru, why I dunno but it’s probably because of spite

Queenfisher

Bird?
I will leave now to make girl love foru, why I dunno but it’s probably because of spite

Fufufufufufufufu :blob_hide:.

^^.

Actually, there already is a GL fandom on this forum! But it's cute how your title still has the marks of Boys' Love in it!

Also, come take our quiz to find out which BL team of readers you belong in! It's cute!

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
FUNNY YOU MENTION IT!

BL Palace came to life because we wanted a community like the existing Yuri Garden. Maybe you want to join them~

But why the spite? :blob_frown:

We are on very friendly terms with our fellow LGBT+ lovers :blob_highfive:

We’re only spreading love, not viruses (no physical contact happened while writing this)