Tag Implementation. State Here.

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45782

Now I know there's gonna be some that will argue there's too many tags already. This is not about arguing too many tags or too little. And I know there's already existing tag threads, in fact quite a few occasionally comes up, so it looks like there hasn't been much done about it. So let's consolidate to one specific thread on tag requests.

Tags you want implemented that you don't see on the site. State the tag and state the reason(s). A reason must accompany per tag requested. Keep it to a clean format to make it consistent so its easier to read what tags and what reasons. Post format:

Implement
Tag Request: ______________
Reason: _______________

Or, if there's a bunch of related tags, and you want to shrink it down to one overall topic, state those group of related tags and your reasons why. (Esp. since some argue there are some tags that should be removed and some state that some tags are perfectly fine and should stay existing to help specify a story more). A reason must accompany per tag that you want to consolidate into a general group tag overall. Keep format clean and consistent so its easier to spot. Post Format:

Tag Consolidation:
Tag (specified): __________
Reason: ________________
Tag Suggest Instead: ________________

Someone once told me that to request a tag, the way to go about it is probably to make a new thread requesting for that tag implementation.
Maybe someday there'll be one thread where we can go all to request certain tags, and those tags will actually get picked up.

**If you like the tag that is being suggested to implement or agree with a specific tag to be consolidated, then please like that comment. This way it can measure how much "demand" is for that specific tag cause that is the only way to see to it possibly get approved.**

Let me start with an example:

Tag Implementation:

Requested Tag: Heartbreak

Reason:
  • There's a tag for heartwarming, yet not a tag for heartbreak. Should have an opposite tag for heartwarming.
  • There are a couple of tags that relate to romance. Heartbreak does not have one.
  • Heartbreak does not just mean cheats, affairs, betrayal. Heartbreak can be caused by many various things in romance relationships that don't have existing tags. Heartbreak can just mean a painful relationship breaking down without any of the afore mentioned parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Now I know there's gonna be some that will argue there's too many tags already. This is not about arguing too many tags or too little. And I know there's already existing tag threads, in fact quite a few occasionally comes up, so it looks like there hasn't been much done about it. So let's consolidate to one specific thread on tag requests.

Tags you want implemented that you don't see on the site. State the tag and state the reason(s). A reason must accompany per tag requested. Keep it to a clean format to make it consistent so its easier to read what tags and what reasons. Post format:

Implement
Tag Request: ______________
Reason: _______________

Or, if there's a bunch of related tags, and you want to shrink it down to one overall topic, state those group of related tags and your reasons why. (Esp. since some argue there are some tags that should be removed and some state that some tags are perfectly fine and should stay existing to help specify a story more). A reason must accompany per tag that you want to consolidate into a general group tag overall. Keep format clean and consistent so its easier to spot. Post Format:

Tag Consolidation:
Tag (specified): __________
Reason: ________________

Someone once told me that to request a tag, the way to go about it is probably to make a new thread requesting for that tag implementation.
Maybe someday there'll be one thread where we can go all to request certain tags, and those tags will actually get picked up.

Let me start with an example:

Tag Implementation:

Requested Tag: Heartbreak

Reason:
  • There's a tag for heartwarming, yet not a tag for heartbreak. Should have an opposite tag for heartwarming.
  • There are a couple of tags that relate to romance. Heartbreak does not have one.
  • Heartbreak does not just mean cheats, affairs, betrayal. Heartbreak can be caused by many various things in romance relationships that don't have existing tags. Heartbreak can just mean a painful relationship breaking down without any of the afore mentioned parts.
We do need more tags!

D

Deleted member 45782

Also if you disagree with a certain tag request/removal, please quote that specific tag(s) request and explain why. This helps to identify which specific tags you're referring to, so it doesn't get cluttered with the other actual tag requests/removal.

@K5Rakitan @WakerOfWinds Etc. Anyone who wanted a tag that isn't on the site and would like to see it implemented. State tag and tag reason.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I will throw in the two I already suggested in my own thread then. It's easier for people to search if all the suggested tags are in one thread.

Implement
Tag Request: asexual protagonist, aromantic protagonist
Reason:
  • there are tags for "bisexual protagonist" and "pansexual protagonist"
  • homosexual and heterosexual protagonists can be shown by lack of tagging and utilizing the BL/GL genre (although tags would be preferable for showing orientation even in stories that don't focus on romantic/sexual relationships, aka gay fiction instead of gay romance)
  • asexual and aromantic protagonists are thus one of the only sexual/romantic orientations that can not be shown on SH in any shape or form
  • both asexual and aromantic connotate spectrums so they are a catch-all for several orientations (like asexual, graysexual, demisexual, etc and the same for romantic orientations)
  • the A in LGBTQIA+ means asexual, aromantic, and agender - there is a "genderless protagonist" tag for agender protagonists already, so one meaning was implemented in the tags while the other two are missing
  • we have stories with aspec characters on SH, some of which focus on asexuality and/or aromanticism

Then another one that I recently thought about:

Implement
Tag Request: no smut (possibly under a different, better-sounding/more descriptive title)
Reason:
  • We have a smut genre for stories that focus on smut
  • We have tags for smut-related activities (handjob, paizuri, threesome, ...)
  • Not including the smut genre or a smut-related tag doesn't mean there won't be any smut, just that it's not enough of a focus to tag it, thus we have no way to signify that a story does not contain any kind of smut yet.

Further explanation: In case somebody is wondering why I am suggesting both "asexual protagonist" and "no smut", I want to clarify that it is not the same. Asexuality is a sexual orientation and does not mean that no sex will happen. It's just about who the protagonist is sexually attracted to. The protagonist could still have sex (cause you can have sex without being attracted). The same is true for other characters. If you have a multiple POV story or a story with important side characters, then they could engage in any kind of smut no matter the orientation of the main character(s). On the other hand, you can totally write a story without sex while still having a protagonist that is attracted to any gender.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Implement
Tag Request: polygyny and polyamory
Reason: We have polygamy and polyandry, but the thing is that polygamy includes polygyny and polyandry. Also, polygamy is about marriage. Polyamory is about love. Some marriages include love, and some don't. Some people who are in love never get married.

definitions.jpg

D

Deleted member 45782

Tag Consolidation:
Tag: Modern Time
Reason: It's the same thing as Modern Day, there is no reason to have both of them... Please get rid of one.
I think Modern Time may work better.
Something like 1987 may fall under a Contemporary or Modern Time era, but its not exactly a modern day.

Tag Implementation:
Tag: non-isekai
Reason:
I'm pretty sure there are many users love isekai stories on here. But there's also a niche market of readers who are not into isekai and it may be growing as indicated by some new users last few months. While you can click on these genres to exclude in the Series-Finder, you probably will still run into something similar. How about letting the authors also have the option to tag their story as non-isekai, to attract those in that niche market to find their stories? Because most likely, the sea of isekai stories are gonna flood and drown the non-isekai ones from being seen a lot.​

Tag Implementation:
Tag: Parenthood
Reason:
  • You have a lot of very specific parent tags such as Abused Parents, Doting Parents, Famous Parents, etc. Not all parents fall into these very, very, specific categories.
  • Whereas childcare focuses more specifically on raising a child, parenthood may focuses more on the experience of being and/or becoming a parent.

Tag Implementation:
Tag: All-boys school
Reason:
Because you have an All-girls school tag, make it equal. There's also all-boys school.​

Tag Consolidation:
Tag: Adopted Children, Adopted Protagonist
Reason:
That is very specific. Again, I feel like sometimes when you have too specific tags, you're limiting a lot of tags that fall into that tag's general concept that don't fall in any other tags as close to that one. Example:​
  • Adopted Children: only refers to children. What if the adopted is an adult?
  • Adopted Protagonist: What if the adopted is the villain? What if the adopted is a side-character?
  • And what if you adopt another creature?
Suggested Tag: Adoption.
No matter how old they are, where they stand in the story place (ex: like protagonist vs villain), this will include all those tags. And yes, for that one person, surprised adoption will fall in here too.​

Some tags are too specific and if you wish to reduce the amount of unnecessary tags, you can do this, and open up more room for better tags that help to encompass the general concept or idea the story wants to be tagged with.

Tag Consolidation:
Tag: Transported into Another World, Transported Into a Game World
Reason:
Basically, just transported into another world. It could be game world, different world, etc., - its still being transported to a different world.​
Just use the Transported into Another World tag.​
Tag Consolidation:
Tag: Reincarnated into Another World, Transported Into a Game World
Reason:
Similar reason to the above. You got reincarnated into a game world, another world. - it is still being reincarnated into a different world.​
Consolidate to just the Reincarnated into Another World tag.​
Reincarnated into a Monster, Reincarnated into an Object...idk if that could just be reincarnated into something else...

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think Modern Time may work better.
Something like 1987 may fall under a Contemporary or Modern Time era, but its not exactly a modern day.
I'd be fine with either, I just suggested Modern Day because it's the one that exists in NU.
Tag Implementation:
Tag: non-isekai
Reason:
I'm pretty sure there are many users love isekai stories on here. But there's also a niche market of readers who are not into isekai and it may be growing as indicated by some new users last few months. While you can click on these genres to exclude in the Series-Finder, you probably will still run into something similar. How about letting the authors also have the option to tag their story as non-isekai, to attract those in that niche market to find their stories? Because most likely, the sea of isekai stories are gonna flood and drown the non-isekai ones from being seen a lot.
Use the Series Finder and exclude the Isekai Genre. This one is unnecessary.
Tag Implementation:
Tag: All-boys school
Reason:
Because you have an All-girls school tag, make it equal. There's also all-boys school.
I have nothing against this per se, but is there a demand for it?

The tag isn't bad, but is there any story using it rn for one? If it isn't, then the tag might not be needed.
Tag Consolidation:
Tag: Adopted Children, Adopted Protagonist
Reason:
That is very specific. Again, I feel like sometimes when you have too specific tags, you're limiting a lot of tags that fall into that tag's general concept that don't fall in any other tags as close to that one. Example:
  • Adopted Children: only refers to children. What if the adopted is an adult?
  • Adopted Protagonist: What if the adopted is the villain? What if the adopted is a side-character?
  • And what if you adopt another creature?
Suggested Tag: Adoption.
No matter how old they are, where they stand in the story place (ex: like protagonist vs villain), this will include all those tags. And yes, for that one person, surprised adoption will fall in here too.
Some tags are too specific and if you wish to reduce the amount of unnecessary tags, you can do this, and open up more room for better tags that help to encompass the general concept or idea the story wants to be tagged with.
Stories about adopting a character and being adopted are completely different. I don't see how it makes any sense to consolidate them in one tag.

Adopted Villain/Side Character seem like extremely minor traits and not worth a tag.

Adopting a creature doesn't seem like a concept that makes much sense... That's a pet, isn't it?

Adopting adults is pretty much the only part where the current tag seems to fall short... But at the same time, is there really a demand for this kind of tag? I don't see it being used much.
Tag Consolidation:
Reason:
Basically, just transported into another world. It could be game world, different world, etc., - its still being transported to a different world.Just use the Transported into Another World tag.Tag Consolidation:
Reason:
Similar reason to the above. You got reincarnated into a game world, another world. - it is still being reincarnated into a different world.Consolidate to just the Reincarnated into Another World tag.
Transported/reincarnated into another world and game world usually dictate the tone of the series over rather or not it will use a game-like setting and stuff like it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the distinction is worth it, but that's because I don't particularly care for those elements. Nonetheless, I can see someone that loves/hates status screens and this kind of thing to really care for these tags remaining separate.

Also, you listed Transported twice instead of listing Transported and Reincarnated.
Reincarnated into a Monster, Reincarnated into an Object...idk if that could just be reincarnated into something else...
On one hand, I totally love condensing a bunch of mostly useless tags into a single tag.

On the other hand, that would most likely make the tag kinda useless and miss its purpose.

So uhn... I can see why it would be good, but I dunno if it would be good.

D

Deleted member 45782

I'd be fine with either, I just suggested Modern Day because it's the one that exists in NU.
I think contemporary will fit modern time era, modern day. Etc.
I have nothing against this per se, but is there a demand for it?

The tag isn't bad, but is there any story using it rn for one? If it isn't, then the tag might not be needed.

Stories about adopting a character and being adopted are completely different. I don't see how it makes any sense to consolidate them in one tag.

Adopted Villain/Side Character seem like extremely minor traits and not worth a tag.
It still falls under the line of adoption. Who knows, maybe the villain's adoption plays a part of how they are raised and acts.
I believe Adoption works.

Adopting a creature doesn't seem like a concept that makes much sense... That's a pet, isn't it?
I can see that. So yes, it would fall under pets.

Adopting adults is pretty much the only part where the current tag seems to fall short... But at the same time, is there really a demand for this kind of tag? I don't see it being used much.

You mentioned this twice now, the demand. Scribblehub is growing, you're seeing more and more new members joining. There may not be a demand for these tags right at this moment, but there may well be in the future. Also, there may be some that currently want this too...

Transported/reincarnated into another world and game world usually dictate the tone of the series over rather or not it will use a game-like setting and stuff like it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the distinction is worth it, but that's because I don't particularly care for those elements. Nonetheless, I can see someone that loves/hates status screens and this kind of thing to really care for these tags remaining separate.
Then shouldn't this be the same thing like how you recommended to filter out the isekai genre?
(Yes i have done that, and yes there's still stories I get are like in these genres)

There's already genres like isekai and litrpg, so readers will know what kind of story they are getting into. Put it under a Transported into Another World tag and if the story is in isekai or litrpg, they can put two and two together. Tags should be referring details that accentuate a story while Genres should tell the story type; together you combine both to give the reader a clearer view of what they're getting into. If there's a genre already for it, why make it like into another tag?

Also, you listed Transported twice instead of listing Transported and Reincarnated.
Fixed the part where I listed Transported twice.

On one hand, I totally love condensing a bunch of mostly useless tags into a single tag.
On the other hand, that would most likely make the tag kinda useless and miss its purpose.
So uhn... I can see why it would be good, but I dunno if it would be good.

Again, there are tags that are too specific. Group tags together by its general concept otherwise you'll have a long list of basically similar, related tags. That's why tags have accumulated so much that at this point one wishes for some of these tags could be consolidated and no new tags to be added.

And since there are stories and themes that don't fit in certain tags because they are too specific, they are limited by what tags they can use, even if the tag could fit them in a general concept. Look at adoption. Like say a story revolves around adopting an uncle and bonding with someone.

Again, there may not be a demand for these tags right now, but there may well be in the future. And then you'll have more tag threads keep sprouting up, because authors can't find a tag that they can truly characterize their story in.

AliceShiki

Then shouldn't this be the same thing like how you recommended to filter out the isekai genre?
(Yes i have done that, and yes there's still stories I get are like in these genres)

There's already genres like isekai and litrpg, so readers will know what kind of story they are getting into. Put it under a Transported into Another World tag and if the story is in isekai or litrpg, they can put two and two together. Tags should be referring details that accentuate a story while Genres should tell the story type; together you combine both to give the reader a clearer view of what they're getting into. If there's a genre already for it, why make it like into another tag?
Fair point, I forgot litrpg was a genre~
Again, there may not be a demand for these tags right now, but there may well be in the future. And then you'll have more tag threads keep sprouting up, because authors can't find a tag that they can truly characterize their story in.
On this we can just agree to disagree I guess. I'm on the camp that a tag should only exist if it there is a demand for it.

Like uhn... Trangender tag was suggested before on NU for one. But it wasn't accepted because there was basically no demand for it over there. Over here on the other hand there was a real demand for it, so it was added.

I prefer to have tags added like this instead of having them added according to possible future needs of other users.

D

Deleted member 45782

Fair point, I forgot litrpg was a genre~
Yup. So if you want a Transport to Another World Story, Transport to a Game World Story, you can just reduce it to Transport to Another World tag, and then slap on the ideal genre it is in - like isekai or litrpg. This way, you don't have tag(s) imitating to be a genre, cause then what's the point of having that trope be listed as a genre in the first place, when you're just tagging the story under two things that mean the same thing.

As for the other viewpoints, yes, agree to disagree.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Implement
Tag Request: Mermaid (or Merfolk)
Reason:
We have tags for various popular species in fantasy (like Dragons, Fairies, Elves, Succubus), but we have nothing for mermaids, despite their extreme popularity.

I rely heavily on the species tags to find what I want and, because there's no tag, it's almost impossible to find mermaid stories when they don't mention the word in the title.

tounokenja

Gyaru connoisseur
Implement
Tag Request: Cheating Partner
Reason: There is only the [Cheats] tag which applies mostly to [Isekai], and nothing similar like Unfaithfulness or the like. So as to differentiate when a story has cheating, but it isn't necessarily fitting to file it under [Netorare] [Netori] or [Netorase]

They got it separated on Nhentai, no excuse for not having it here, right?

D

Deleted member 45782

Implement
Reason: There is only the [Cheats] tag which applies mostly to [Isekai], and nothing similar like Unfaithfulness or the like. So as to differentiate when a story has cheating, but it isn't necessarily fitting to file it under [Netorare] [Netori] or [Netorase]

I understand this too. It took me awhile to search it a bit, I think the Affairs tag is currently being used for cheating partners in a story.

PurpleCatGirl

Implement

Tag Request: Friends Become Lovers
Reason: We have 'Friends become Enemies' and 'Enemies Become Lovers' but no 'Friends Become Lovers'. I've written a few stories where characters are (longterm) friends but become lovers within the story. Would love to have a tag that reflects this.

Also second the request for a Polyamory tag, I've written a couple stories where I really wanted that one.

AliceShiki

So this will be a little bit different but hear me out. I think some of us were talking about it in another thread so maybe I should just add it here.

Genre Impelemented: Contemporary
Reason:
  • Its hard to tag a genre for a contemporary story because slice of life doesn't equate to contemporary. Slice of life means day to day life of characters and it can be stretched to even include just the day to day life of monsters, aliens, etc. This means you will have something more like a realistic fiction also grouped into stories that not very realistic fiction.
  • Drama could fit, but a drama doesn't have to be contemporary. It is about conflicts and stirring with emotions. So it can take in any setting, time period or even a story not really in the contemporary setting.
  • Modern day/Modern time tag is a bit weird. One, contemporary doesn't exactly equate to modern as I found out. Something in the modern period doesn't mean its in the modern as in present day. And thats why we have these two tags, which can seem redundant but at the same time can mean two different things. A story in the 1950s isn't exactly a modern day but could count for modern time.
  • Modern may not equate to contemporary. Modern day is 20th century (1900s) to somewhere around 1960s (sources vary thats where it kinda ends). From there to present day is contemporary or postmodern. This way you clearly diffentiate because modern can be very broad like the modern era or do you mean by present day.
  • This helps those who want to read or write more realistic, stories set in the present day.
  • I realize a story could be also set in modern day/modern time but is a fantasy/sci-fi etc. In that case, since its more of a sub detail to the setting time period (like main concept is sci-fi but is set in present time) than modern day/time tags may apply there since its describing a story, but its not like the main concept of a story, such as a story set realistic time period and it is essential what the plot revolves around. The latter may be better off in its own genre rather than a tag.
A source on contemporary vs modern: Some may not see it as a difference but in some cases, it may be counted a bit different.

Unless...we just group everything under realistic fiction? Although time period could be present day but doesn't mean its realistic at all..
I could see that being useful if we had tag definitions... As it stands though, I can't see any difference between this genre and the Modern Day/Time tags.
Implement

You can use the Affair tag.
Implement

Tag Request: Friends Become Lovers
Reason: We have 'Friends become Enemies' and 'Enemies Become Lovers' but no 'Friends Become Lovers'. I've written a few stories where characters are (longterm) friends but become lovers within the story. Would love to have a tag that reflects this.

Also second the request for a Polyamory tag, I've written a couple stories where I really wanted that one.
Isn't that just the norm? Friends becoming lovers seems like basically the norm for most couples that aren't dating from chapter 1... And even then, they were probably friends in their backstory.

Feels a bit pointless to me, if there is no "[something] becomes lovers" tag, I'd just assume they were friends before by default.

D

Deleted member 45782

I could see that being useful if we had tag definitions... As it stands though, I can't see any difference between this genre and the Modern Day/Time tags.
I think what would be nice was if Modern counted as a genre instead of a tag. It defines a type/setting of a story. So its best for modern genre, especially since it helps separate out the more realistic fiction. Slice of Life could be your day to day life of some monster and it still gets called Slice of Life...so the more realistic stories will be lumped with those stories...Moreover some Modern genre stories have their own plot and slice of life doesn't always follow a plot.

It would be nice to have Modern as a genre instead of as a tag. Makes it harder for those writing more realistic fiction to tag it as.

Just wondering, is drama and Slice of Life considered opposite genres in your viewpoint? I heard someone mentioned that so I was wondering since a story I wanted to upload is well modern story, there is conflict that makes you feel something but also slice of life....hence, I think it would be better for a modern genre at least cause I have to tag it in two genres which I've been told are very different from each other.
You can use the Affair tag.
Agreed.
Isn't that just the norm? Friends becoming lovers seems like basically the norm for most couples that aren't dating from chapter 1... And even then, they were probably friends in their backstory.
Not exactly. There's quite a bit of stories where they didn't start as friends for ex: the character immediately has crush on someone they don't really know but is in their class...They are not not exactly dating...

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
I will throw in the two I already suggested in my own thread then. It's easier for people to search if all the suggested tags are in one thread.

Implement
Tag Request: asexual protagonist, aromantic protagonist
Reason:
  • there are tags for "bisexual protagonist" and "pansexual protagonist"
  • homosexual and heterosexual protagonists can be shown by lack of tagging and utilizing the BL/GL genre (although tags would be preferable for showing orientation even in stories that don't focus on romantic/sexual relationships, aka gay fiction instead of gay romance)
  • asexual and aromantic protagonists are thus one of the only sexual/romantic orientations that can not be shown on SH in any shape or form
  • both asexual and aromantic connotate spectrums so they are a catch-all for several orientations (like asexual, graysexual, demisexual, etc and the same for romantic orientations)
  • the A in LGBTQIA+ means asexual, aromantic, and agender - there is a "genderless protagonist" tag for agender protagonists already, so one meaning was implemented in the tags while the other two are missing
  • we have stories with aspec characters on SH, some of which focus on asexuality and/or aromanticism

Then another one that I recently thought about:

Implement
Tag Request: no smut (possibly under a different, better-sounding/more descriptive title)
Reason:
  • We have a smut genre for stories that focus on smut
  • We have tags for smut-related activities (handjob, paizuri, threesome, ...)
  • Not including the smut genre or a smut-related tag doesn't mean there won't be any smut, just that it's not enough of a focus to tag it, thus we have no way to signify that a story does not contain any kind of smut yet.

Further explanation: In case somebody is wondering why I am suggesting both "asexual protagonist" and "no smut", I want to clarify that it is not the same. Asexuality is a sexual orientation and does not mean that no sex will happen. It's just about who the protagonist is sexually attracted to. The protagonist could still have sex (cause you can have sex without being attracted). The same is true for other characters. If you have a multiple POV story or a story with important side characters, then they could engage in any kind of smut no matter the orientation of the main character(s). On the other hand, you can totally write a story without sex while still having a protagonist that is attracted to any gender.
I think that having a "no mature content tag" or something like you said (no-smut written in a better way) would be a great addition - perhaps even age rating tags. I consider my fantasy novel to be appropriate for high school and above, but it doesn't include any sexual content. I think it would be great if readers could look for that, especially because so much of the site does include sexual content.

AliceShiki

Just wondering, is drama and Slice of Life considered opposite genres in your viewpoint? I heard someone mentioned that so I was wondering since a story I wanted to upload is well modern story, there is conflict that makes you feel something but also slice of life....hence, I think it would be better for a modern genre at least cause I have to tag it in two genres which I've been told are very different from each other.
I don't think so. Slice of Life is usually light-hearted and filled with comedy, but it doesn't really have to be IMO.

AFAIK the genre's basic definition is that the story will mostly revolve around telling the character's normal daily lives instead of telling about some epic plot to save the world or whatever... I think it's perfectly plausible for this kind of story to be filled with enough drama to warrant the drama tag. At least IMO.

Personally speaking, I actually enjoy a serious Slice of Life story a lot more than a comedy-based one. Though I do enjoy both kinds~
Not exactly. There's quite a bit of stories where they didn't start as friends for ex: the character immediately has crush on someone they don't really know but is in their class...They are not not exactly dating...
Yeah, but they won't jump from strangers to lovers, will they? They'll probably become friends first in most occasions... I think.
I think that having a "no mature content tag" or something like you said (no-smut written in a better way) would be a great addition - perhaps even age rating tags. I consider my fantasy novel to be appropriate for high school and above, but it doesn't include any sexual content. I think it would be great if readers could look for that, especially because so much of the site does include sexual content.
Unnecessary. Just exclude the tags/genres that are related to sexual content.

There is no need for tags that talk about the exclusion of other tags/genres, just use the Series Finder to exclude the tags/genres you want to exclude.