Post Your Synopsis & Get Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45782

Post your story's synopsis here if you want feedback on it from others. Can be a synopsis of a story idea you have in mind, or a synopsis of a story you already have published on ScribbleHub.

This is to help many of us who wish to improve our synopsis in terms of grammar, making it flow smoother, identifying synopsis's weaknesses, if the synopsis we have is a good fit for our story, etc.

When providing feedback, please explain your reasons on why you feel the synopsis is lacking and provide suggestions on how it can be improved.

* Synopsis refers to Synopsis you see on ScribbleHub.
* This is not reviewing your whole story or its chapters, just the Synopsis itself. Saves time and straightforward how to improve your synopses.

Keep in mind, that a good synopsis is one that hooks the reader into wanting to continue reading on more about your story.

Last edited by a moderator:

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Just thinking of dropping this story in april since it's taking up my mental load...

Title:
Datu

Sypnosis:
"If you can have one limited wish, what would you wish for?"

Others would wish to go back to fix past mistakes or perhaps become the most powerful person and some might even want more wish, only for them to spectacularly fail. But he, who was a closet otaku, is different...

"I want to go back to past and build the most advance civilization!"

And at that day, he woke up as a tribal chief's son. But how could he use his 'internet knowledge', if he can't even remember it, unless...

---

Someone share ya'll wisdom? Anyways datu means tribal chief in my history but I just picked it as a title since I'm lazy to think of one...

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Just thinking of dropping this story in april since it's taking up my mental load...

Title:
Datu

Sypnosis:

Others would wish to go back to fix past mistakes or perhaps become the most powerful person and some might even want more wish, only for them to spectacularly fail. But he, who was a closet otaku, is different...

And at that day, he woke up as a tribal chief's son. But how could he use his 'internet knowledge', if he can't even remember it, unless...

---

Someone share ya'll wisdom? Anyways datu means tribal chief in my history but I just picked it as a title since I'm lazy to think of one...

Is that a time travel story?

You can try revealing your twist without being spoilery.

I went back in time to rebuild civilization, but...
- I taught them memes before the wheels
- I forgot everything I've learnt
- I'm in the wrong World
- I turned into a girl
- we are attacked by aliens
- Everyone is gay
- We're apes
- We're goblins
- There are no tree so we haven't even unlocked fire

You establish the time travel with all the synopsis and then you knee your reader in the nuts with a catch

D

Deleted member 45782

Title:
Datu

Sypnosis:

---

Sounds pretty interesting plot. :O

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Probably a horrible idea but eh why not? I see some mention they wish they could get some help with their synopsis or how its lacking and they don't know how to write a good one for their story. Not gonna be the one to critique here (I'm not that attentive), but maybe it would be nice to have a place where others can get some critique on their synopsis. I for one know I probably will have to work and tinker out my synopsis for some stories (not published on SH yet).

Post your synopsis or link to your story synopsis. It can even be a synopsis for a story you have in mind, but haven't really written just yet.

See how other critique your synopsis and whether it sounds interesting or need some improvements.

*This is not to review your story, just your synopsis itself. This way it saves time, and it can help straightforward see if the synopsis is interesting or not and needs improvement. A good synopsis is one that hooks you wanting to read more.

*When I mean synopsis, I mean the synopsis you see on ScribbleHub stories.

Oh! Thanks a lot! Ai-chan needs feedback on the CYOA synopsis.

Title: Let Wounds Be Rust

Synopsis:
In 2052, the first human colonists landed on Mars. Two years later, the population of humans on Mars reached 300 people.

In 2066, Mars supported a population of 2000 colonists, spread over 14 settlements.

Four years later, Earth lost all contact with Mars. The final garbled unscheduled transmission consisted of the words, 'plague', 'quarantine' , 'failed' and 'alien'. Fear gripped the people of Earth as they feared the same thing that happened on Mars could happen to Earth too. The United Nations convened, and the solution they agreed on was to quarantine the whole planet.

Still, the hope for humanity's future on Mars is not yet lost. This is the story of the two last colonists, a pair of siblings, on Mars as they find comfort, salvation and love. Will they survive or will they succumb like so many before them?

Tags: incest, blood-related incest, brother-sister incest, impregnation incest, incestuous siblings, tragedy, romance, sci-fi

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
In 2052, the first human colonists landed on Mars. Two years later, the population of humans on Mars reached 300 people.

In 2066, Mars supported a population of 2000 colonists, spread over 14 settlements.

Four years later, Earth lost all contact with Mars. The final garbled unscheduled transmission consisted of the words, 'plague', 'quarantine' , 'failed' and 'alien'. Fear gripped the people of Earth as they feared the same thing that happened on Mars could happen to Earth too. The United Nations convened, and the solution they agreed on was to quarantine the whole planet.
Btw isn't your story meant to be incest something something? If that's the case this part can be 'compressed' and cleared of unnecessary parts. Like, going this way...

It's been years since the first human colonists stepped on mars, their populations boomed, after that they expanded and built settlements. Finally, the earth lost contact with mars 4 years ago.

The final transmission was garbled with words of, 'plagued', 'quarantine', 'failed' and 'alien'. People feared the unknown and The United Nations convened to quell the panic. The solution they agreed on was to quarantine the planet as they thought of other ways to solve it.

Now I don't know what I'm doing as I'm not a pro writer but I think it could spark an idea to you by giving a horrible version of your work. Like making you think "I could do better than that!". Of course I'm lying, it's just an excuse as I hurriedly typed those out.

All in all, I think you should avoid giving too much plot in the sypnosis...

Last edited:

EternalSunset0

Title:
Datu

Sypnosis:

---

Giving me some Dr. Stone vibes

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Well, because I've posted some stuff repeatedly for my fantasy novel, how about the synopsis for my sci fi?

When an expedition visits an Earth-like planet, humanity begins to question everything it once knew for certain...

Daniel Walden and his newlywed wife Sierra are a strange sort of people, that is - they are both test pilots for the first crewed ships capable of faster than light technology. After initial testing, and they think its time to rest on their laurels and find new jobs, they instead are called to push these new ships to their limits - by traveling to a planet dubbed Demeter.

For some, there is tension about possibly discovering real multicellular life. Some don't care. Some are worried humanity will ruin this planet like they nearly ruined their own. Daniel and Sierra joke about fighting big green monsters.

What they found was so much worse.

This I think, is a bit long, it's a WIP like my fantasy novel, and this one I'm a long time away from putting back online, but I think it has some things I like in it. One of them is a short teaser before the main synopsis that I might do for Rip Current. It gives them a brief idea of what the story is, and then I move into a broader summary. A lot of print books actually seem to have some kind of tagline like this.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Giving me some Dr. Stone vibes
Really? The story is actually inspired by Dr. Stone and Release that witch...
Well, because I've posted some stuff repeatedly for my fantasy novel, how about the synopsis for my sci fi?

When an expedition visits an Earth-like planet, humanity begins to question everything it once knew for certain...

Daniel Walden and his newlywed wife Sierra are a strange sort of people, that is - they are both test pilots for the first crewed ships capable of faster than light technology. After initial testing, and they think its time to rest on their laurels and find new jobs, they instead are called to push these new ships to their limits - by traveling to a planet dubbed Demeter.

For some, there is tension about possibly discovering real multicellular life. Some don't care. Some are worried humanity will ruin this planet like they nearly ruined their own. Daniel and Sierra joke about fighting big green monsters.

What they found was so much worse.

This I think, is a bit long, it's a WIP like my fantasy novel, and this one I'm a long time away from putting back online, but I think it has some things I like in it. One of them is a short teaser before the main synopsis that I might do for Rip Current. It gives them a brief idea of what the story is, and then I move into a broader summary. A lot of print books actually seem to have some kind of tagline like this.
I actually like the small teaser that I might use one in my novel...

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Btw isn't your story meant to be incest something something? If that's the case this part can be 'compressed' and cleared of unnecessary parts. Like, going this way...

Now I don't know what I'm doing as I'm not a pro writer but I think it could spark an idea to you by giving a horrible version of your work. Like making you think "I could do better than that!". Of course I'm lying, it's just an excuse as I hurriedly typed those out.

All in all, I think you should avoid giving too much plot in the sypnosis...
Thanks. The reason Ai-chan make an elaborate story is because they won't be touching much on the history, except when they cursed the idiots who ran the government for not seeing the threat earlier. The concept is 'slow burn' in that Ai-chan tries to tease by telling you little things, suggesting one thing, and then betraying your expectations with a brick on the face. Ai-chan is a tease after all.

It isn't part of the plot, Ai-chan just wanted to compress parts that isn't going to be touched again and throw it out. There will be no prologue chapter, so these history stuff will only be touched on at various parts of the story as a side note. They will jump straight into the action.

Not sure if Ai-chan explain that well, but thanks for your advice. Ai-chan will see if that can work.

Agentt

Thighs
Magical Girl Flare,
Protector of cities from evil
Always foiling the plans of Dr. Crime.
Fell down a rabbit hole to another world.
Well, doesn't matter, she will continue to fight evil right?
Maybe, perhaps, she certainly hopes so
Even in another world filled with fantasy, people sometimes have to fight with inner demons.
Besides, even Flare, who has been struggling with marks could see, the people of this world, should be left alone, for they were strange.
Special Thanks to
ViniPaiva25
For sharing the idea.
Warning:MC comes from the world of Magical girls, hence she is stupid as hell. May cause rage.
Magical Girl Flare,
Protector of cities from evil
Always foiling the plans of Dr. Crime.
Fell down a rabbit hole to another world.
Well, doesn't matter, she will continue to fight evil right?
Maybe, perhaps, she certainly hopes so
Even in another world filled with fantasy, people sometimes have to fight with inner demons.
Besides, even Flare, who has been struggling with marks could see, the people of this world, should be left alone, for they were strange.
Special Thanks to
ViniPaiva25
For sharing the idea.
Warning:MC comes from the world of Magical girls, hence she is stupid as hell. May cause rage.
Also, its sequel, which I will write in future.
"Ah, you can skip the part about 5th, no way that's gonna come in exam." Brags a student.
"Hah! If you think you are so smart, do you remember the name of the 5th?" Taunts a parent.
"Hmm? The 5th? Ask the historians about that." Answers the teachers.
"Oh, the 5th? She was just smart. Noting more." Says a historian.
"Hey, do you think the 5th's power is to wipe memories?" wonders a girl in train.

In a world where about forgotten, this is her tale, the weakest, and the least strange of all, the 5th exception,
The Elf of Highlands

Last edited:

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
So I redid my synopsis.... again.

This time, I added the short teaser, which perfectly shows on my profile page before clicking on the story. I think this is a decent fusion between the worldbuilding focused synopsis and the character based one:

He just wanted to help his family, but a conflict between species threatens to tear him apart...

※※※※※※※

When Irian's family and their farm comes under attack by the changing pressures of their industrializing world, he takes on the task of leaving home to find work. Finding few other options, Irian becomes a scale farmer - someone who removes the colorful scales of imprisoned merfolk, and sells them as jewelry.

But even as Irian finds stability for his family, the stalemate conflict between humans and merfolk finally begins to buckle, questions of morality begin to plague his mind, and soon, Irian's whole life, and what he thought was right, soon begins to barrel out of control.

LifeContinuesOn

Title: Silver Piano

Synopsis:
Kyaro lived as a countryside noble, though he never acted like one. When faced with a decision that would change his life, running away may only lead to the same answer.

(I typically write isekai stories and system stories and my mind jumps from topic to topic really fast so I might do like three chapters of this before i get distracted anyway)

Nymus

I won´t change a word of the synopsis in this story, cause i like to stay true to my word. cough ... kind of ya know. but there may always some improvement to the next synopsis i need. show me the ropes author-sans!

Synopsis
We've all been there. "Something" happens and suddenly the whole class of Japanese middle school students, including the teacher, is transported to another world. Be honest, it's happened to all of us before. Nothing new.
Unless you are not a Japanese teacher. But a 21 year old German exchange student of engineering. With, admittedly, questionable sexual practices. And the charm of a cat at a dog show. A really BIG cat. With teeth.
Oh yeah, on a whim, of course, she didn't get a cheat like the heroes. Just a stupid title.
I apologize to everyone who knows the Japanese language for my cruel abuse.
If desired, I will commit Sudoku in my quiet corner.
This story was written by me and translated into English ( requirement from SH, you know) so write to me if there are any mistakes. The spelling should be reasonably ok. But hey, who says I can't abuse the community as an army? Anyway, have fun!
Security Advice:
We will neither confirm nor deny that cat content may appear at a later date. The same goes about Mecha. This story may contain traces of nuts.
All participants in sexual activities in this story are of age (due to a slightly larger distance of the other world from its star, 16 local years actually equals 18 terrestrial years plus one day; don't ask why, I'm not an astronomer) and have agreed to participate. Any deviating descriptions were dramaturgically exaggerated and do not correspond to reality.
This story contains descriptions of humiliation, violence and bloodshed. Do not read further if such topics are repulsive to you or sexually arousing. However, I will not judge.
I do not own the cover picture (i trully s@ck at arts) it is however public domain. Origin wikimedia.
I do not own some of the quotes i use, if you do not want their use contact me.
If anyone feels hurt or attacked ( points to the classification) feel free to write me your arguments about the Why and the Wherefore in an adult tone.

erintesden

I won´t change a word of the synopsis in this story, cause i like to stay true to my word. cough ... kind of ya know. but there may always some improvement to the next synopsis i need. show me the ropes author-sans!

Synopsis
We've all been there. "Something" happens and suddenly the whole class of Japanese middle school students, including the teacher, is transported to another world. Be honest, it's happened to all of us before. Nothing new.
Unless you are not a Japanese teacher. But a 21 year old German exchange student of engineering. With, admittedly, questionable sexual practices. And the charm of a cat at a dog show. A really BIG cat. With teeth.
Oh yeah, on a whim, of course, she didn't get a cheat like the heroes. Just a stupid title.
I apologize to everyone who knows the Japanese language for my cruel abuse.
If desired, I will commit Sudoku in my quiet corner.
This story was written by me and translated into English ( requirement from SH, you know) so write to me if there are any mistakes. The spelling should be reasonably ok. But hey, who says I can't abuse the community as an army? Anyway, have fun!
Security Advice:
We will neither confirm nor deny that cat content may appear at a later date. The same goes about Mecha. This story may contain traces of nuts.
All participants in sexual activities in this story are of age (due to a slightly larger distance of the other world from its star, 16 local years actually equals 18 terrestrial years plus one day; don't ask why, I'm not an astronomer) and have agreed to participate. Any deviating descriptions were dramaturgically exaggerated and do not correspond to reality.
This story contains descriptions of humiliation, violence and bloodshed. Do not read further if such topics are repulsive to you or sexually arousing. However, I will not judge.
I do not own the cover picture (i trully s@ck at arts) it is however public domain. Origin wikimedia.
I do not own some of the quotes i use, if you do not want their use contact me.
If anyone feels hurt or attacked ( points to the classification) feel free to write me your arguments about the Why and the Wherefore in an adult tone.
Okay... Ill be blunt. If that wall of text is your synopsis, just delete everything but the first five lines.
All the rest can go on the author notes of the first chapter. Having it all on the synopsis t's overwhelming. So please dont.

Okay, in my case my synopsis is a bit too short. But my story is kinda focused on the mystery of what is happening, so I cant go too much into details on the synopsis anyway.

"A brave boy who wanted to live his own life and a stubborn girl who wanted to rise over everyone else.
Fates intertwined, they will go in a journey to uncover the truth, side by side, as the silver-eyed one and calamity approach."

Last edited: