Playing Trails of Cold Steel IV!

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft

Excited to see the three main characters meeting each other!

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Well, I make time to finish my primary tasks with efficient grace so that I can play games. Right now, I have three days until my deadline - so, I still have a lot of time.
Ah, you don't have a 'lot' of time.... you have infinite time! I have a project for work due in 3 hours and I haven't gotten to it yet! I shall rest in peace! I thought that after going to hell— um, school, I would never have to do anything under a deadline again... but alas, how wrong I was....

Motsu

Ah, you don't have a 'lot' of time.... you have infinite time! I have a project for work due in 3 hours and I haven't gotten to it yet! I shall rest in peace! I thought that after going to hell— um, school, I would never have to do anything under a deadline again... but alas, how wrong I was....
Haha, I am sure you'll get over it. A panicky situation is where you'd think of all the worst possible options to deal with your situation. Don't worry, I don't do tedious school project so I always get normal grades like over 90+.

Check this out, lol: Still have my final clear save in TLOHIII!

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Haha, I am sure you'll get over it. A panicky situation is where you'd think of all the worst possible options to deal with your situation. Don't worry, I don't do tedious school project so I always get normal grades like over 90+.

Check this out, lol: Still have my final clear save in TLOHIII!

Just finished it... if this was a game, I'd probably earn the title 'One Who Procrastinates Yet Becomes the Flash When Is Under Pressure'... and the system to player notification 'Congratulations, player! You have earned the class 'Godly Procrastinator!'

xD

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I wanted to get into the series but it kept making the relationships built up from each game useless in the next installment and thus meaningless since they never carried over to the sequel in any meaningful way. They made the purpose of building up relationships with everyone completely pointless in the context of a wider series, which is not what was initially advertised in the first and second games of the series.

Motsu

I wanted to get into the series but it kept making the relationships built up from each game useless in the next installment and thus meaningless since they never carried over to the sequel in any meaningful way. They made the purpose of building up relationships with everyone completely pointless in the context of a wider series, which is not what was initially advertised in the first and second games of the series.
Well, building relationships are trivial, though the least do carry over - like main character learning other's past. While it may be frustrating to work your way through a character's heart and in the end, doesn't continue in the sequel, everything about building relationship through (let me just call it) bonding events are useless. However, the relationship built through the main events is the only thing that's taken over to the sequel - and that's a matter of fact.

But Bonding Events do have benefits in combat like link ability, and fulfilling your desire to ship Rean, Lloyd to someone else you like.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I
Well, building relationships are trivial, though the least do carry over - like main character learning other's past. While it may be frustrating to work your way through a character's heart and in the end, doesn't continue in the sequel, everything about building relationship through (let me just call it) bonding events are useless. However, the relationship built through the main events is the only thing that's taken over to the sequel - and that's a matter of fact.

But Bonding Events do have benefits in combat like link ability, and fulfilling your desire to ship Rean, Lloyd to someone else you like.
I'm also amazingly salty that the Sara Valestein route was lackluster/mediocre/bullshit and never expanded upon, or even allowed to come to any sort of fruition. I'm annoyed at the overall inclusion of the "heart bonding" as a part of the game, and then the complete dismissal of it for every sequel thereafter.

Motsu

Hope you enjoy the game!
It's super fun!
(^-^)

X
Of course! Knowing how Ys have become a pretty popular JRPG gem alongside TLOH - I can already see the fact that Ys' and TLOH's sequels will be entertainingly magnificent.

After this, I'll play Ys Monstrum Nox once it is released!
I

I'm also amazingly salty that the Sara Valestein route was lackluster/mediocre/bullshit and never expanded upon, or even allowed to come to any sort of fruition. I'm annoyed at the overall inclusion of the "heart bonding" as a part of the game, and then the complete dismissal of it for every sequel thereafter.
It does come off as a self-fulfillment and most come at its worst because some concludes a cliffhanger or minimally develops relationships which, in fact, sucks. If I had to guess, I think the bonding event feature was created back in Trails of Zero/Azure or Tokyo Xanadu EX.

Tokyo Xanadu EX makes the bonding events more useful as it has a fulfilling end, progressive relationship, and changes the ending depending on what waifu you've chosen.

Last edited:

Motsu

*Magical Girl Altina condescendingly looks down on you with a cold emotionless face*

Ooh boy, Altina looking cute with that magical get-up, eh?

Anyway, I'm still in Sutherland - trying to reach Pram. I know I could've reached Pram yesterday but Octopath Traveler kept me busy so right now, I am finally back to this masterpiece. In addition, I am fixing up everyone's Orbments and Accessories to match what I had back in Trails of Cold Steel III! Seriously, grinding for U-material is hard so I won't be able to get CP regen and heavy ATK+... alright, no time for complaining, I'll come back again with some news and builds!

Motsu

Hmm... actually, I beg to differ! You see, a real aesthetic comes from the innocent soul inside the heart, the fitting figure that nonetheless lures and enviously charming, a woman you truly see fit that exists to be the perfect best girl inside your heart!

For example, Rixia Mao from Trails of Zero/Azure has the perfect charming appeal that could allure even the biggest cock user in the world, needless to say, if one like this is to be compared to a girl named Alisa, whose blonde-haired and mature - surely, without even a solicitation, anyone would choose Rixia Mao as the best girl. An unparalleled beauty unlike the other, an assassin who'd kill without mercy and a dancer with anger-like dance. She also has two big breasts! Now, now, if you aren't persuaded, then I will have to come with someone else.

But if you had your mind changed before the storm, then you'll never regret devoting your whole life... ahem, your whole liking to this waifu. NEXT!

Right here, we have Elie Macdowell, a white-haired well-endowed mature wife that'd make you feel like the wife you never had. A good chef like Gordon Ramsay, a very kind person and is always concerned about the wellbeing of those around her and has confidence in her colt-like weapon. Her loyalty to her purpose, to remove all evil in her hometown, is distinctly what she desires. If love was undemanding, then surely, I would have devoted myself to Elie like a psychopath who can't tell what's reality and fiction.

Oh well, you still like Alisa? Fine, fine, I won't force you to change your mind. Just so you know, there are plenty of full-drawn or animated girls out there you can like, in fact, you can like not just one but two or three! Because... you never know, if anime is real, then the real-life standard for a partner would be high and if you don't have the requirements for the standard then you'd be rejected.

Imagine having to devote yourself to who you love and she tells you she hates you because you're too ugly... damn, cruel fantasy.

Anyway, that's all entertaining stuff I can write - I'll finally continue playing the game. LOL.

EternalSunset0

I love Elie too. She's my favorite girl among the ones in the Crossbell games.

Trails has a lot of top-tier girls. I main Alisa, but I also love Juna, Laura, Fie, and Sharon, and that's just Erebonia games haha. Sara's cool too.

Motsu

Crow is my favourite.
'-'

X
Olivier best girl.

Edit: The solo piano ost in TLOH IV is so addictingly brilliant! Damn, I can't get enough.

Last edited:

EternalSunset0

The solo piano ost in TLOH IV is so addictingly brilliant! Damn, I can't get enough.
Haven't even talked about the banger soundtracks the series has.

What's your favorite? I myself can't pick, but some notable ones include the CS 1 battle themes, I'll Remember You in all its versions and variations, and the Old Schoolhouse final floor theme.

Motsu

Haven't even talked about the banger soundtracks the series has.

What's your favorite? I myself can't pick, but some notable ones include the CS 1 battle themes, I'll Remember You in all its versions and variations, and the Old Schoolhouse final floor theme.
Favorite Soundtracks!

Trails in the Sky series:
Cry For Me - Cry for You, Sophisticated Fight, Silver Will, Amber Amour (Olivier ver.), Overdosing Heavenly Bliss, and Fighting Right On.

Trails of Cold Steel series:
Blue Destination, Step Ahead, I'll Remember You, Spiral of Erebos, Unlikely Combination, Celestial Coalescence, To The Future, Burning Throb, and Deep Carnival (or just all the CS4 boss themes).

Trials of Zero/Azure series:
Unfathomed Force, Inevitable Struggle, Over the Barrier!, Mystic Core, and A Light Illuminating the Depths.

That's all I can put... even though there is a lot of soundtracks that I'd like to even add.

EDIT:

Damn, this is actually surprising! No, I didn't even realize this. Four years ago, I played Trails of Cold Steel, but there was this OST I've never heard of... something, so nostalgic.

It was the "Lonely Journey" soundtrack back in Cold Steel I that could actually be played in Raquel's Inn!

Last edited:

Motsu

[PROGRESS]
Hello everyone, handsome alien from Drug Island here, and I've come to enlighten you with some unnaturally unbelievable news. But first off... before we start complaining about why there is no anti-aliasing, we should start asking why these three students are cosplaying or in fact, wearing such weird hoooooot clooooothes?

Well, apparently, there is no reason. But I don't think that's any reason at all! Although I could've wanted the three of them in their bikinis, I think I should hold down and maintain my virgin power before it starts going wild.

'...Oi, oi, where are you looking at one-eyed weirdo? Altina's chest doesn't have anything to be looked upon!'

Continuing on, we finally have two half-naked students wearing mascot's head in public! Are they looking at each other? Hmm... when you look at the image, you could feel like something hot is going on. BUUUUUTTTT, that's probably just the wind. Some speculate this has been the work of the Great Twilight, yet some make theories about what they're doing is a merely pure fetish.

Forget about what you just read and saw. Next on, I've finally set on a new record with a tall fish. However, I know this isn't the tallest fish yet, so I'll work my hardest in this fishing simulator to find the tallest largest fish in the entire world. In fact, bigger than my raging balls. I'll see to it that it will happen.

In addition, I've set 3.6 as the new world EXP BONUS record... but hey, I'll find my way to beat that certain someone who got 7.1 EXP BONUS. I don't know how, but I'll probably get closer to 7.1 and live my life with that record.

As you can see, I am still in ACT I riding Bobcat II and if you played Trails in the Sky SC, you'll find riding it nostalgic - but then you realize Bobcat II is actually not the original one. Seriously, it actually made me chuckle as I saw Josette because of that one minigame in Trails in the Sky III where I fought Gilbert in the sky and that one scene about Josette and Joshua in the Bobcat.

I know I've met Josette back in Trails of Cold Steel III, but hey, I'll say this again, Josette has grown into a beautiful woman and her tomboy side has disappeared.

Last edited: