I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

Hathnuz

Give me your story's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want) and/or getting into trending. However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can visit TheTrinary's or Zirrboy's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that. Lastly, I only give predictions up to 30 chapters.

By the way, feel free to check my novel :blob_reach::

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter and I will give you my feedback per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want). However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that.
thank you magic 8 ball for your service. :D

Agentt

Thighs
Okay, let see.
The premise is a cliche isekai world, but everything is controlled by God.
God told demons to kill humans.
God told humans to kill demons.
God said no one goes against the MC
Our MC is a magical girl, coming from 90s anime, so it is norm for her that all handsome guys are good, and all ugly people are evil, because, well, magical girl cartoon is made for children.
She is thrown into this otome world where everyone is handsome,
There is no action, just talking.
Talking all the way.
No world building either, since I am a bad author...

The novel itself is the one in my signature

Last edited:

Hathnuz

Okay, let see.
The premise is a cliche isekai world, but everything is controlled by God.
God told demons to kill humans.
God told humans to kill demons.
God said no one goes against the MC
Our MC is a magical girl, coming from 90s anime, so it is norm for her that all handsome guys are good, and all ugly people are evil, because, well, magical girl cartoon is made for children.
She is thrown into this otome world where everyone is handsome,
There is no action, just talking.
Talking all the way.
No world building either, since I am a bad author...

The novel itself is the one in my signature
Eh, the premise is really niche imo even with the popular isekai setting. I think your intended audiences aren't even here because they either had already moved on from their hobby or they just prefer watching anime instead of reading webnovels. At least you got girls love in there, so it won't be too strange for scribblehub readers; I cannot say the same for royalroad readers, though.

Overall, it's a no from me.

Last edited:

CL

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter and I will give you my feedback per title above.
Hi. It is a pleasure to have this opportunity to meet you, so, please, permit me to offer thanks for taking the time interviewing us and our work. There is still an internal debate if I want to proceed writing anything more. I suppose this judgement will help nudge me in a direction. This is why I appreciate the opportunity you've given me. :blob_gift:

The premise of the story goes like this: "An ancient entity awakens to find a world where humanity and everything else have drastically changed." That doesn't tell us a whole lot, does it. I'll finetune that into a proper synopsis.

Unfortunately I am not good with tags. I will be stapling as few tags onto the story as possible because I hate misleading people; only the main points, and ones that will be consistent, will appear. That said: supernatural, mystery, and action will be the main three genres. Then we've got violence, gore, gods, magic, slavery, mind control, possession, demons, and transformations as the little tags.

You want to see the first chapter? I believe I will be making changes to it a little before considering whether I want that published, but, okay, here you are: Prologue of the Little One - Google Doc.

Hathnuz

Hi. It is a pleasure to have this opportunity to meet you, so, please, permit me to offer thanks for taking the time interviewing us and our work. There is still an internal debate if I want to proceed writing anything more. I suppose this judgement will help nudge me in a direction. This is why I appreciate the opportunity you've given me. :blob_gift:

The premise of the story goes like this: "An ancient entity awakens to find a world where humanity and everything else have drastically changed." That doesn't tell us a whole lot, does it. I'll finetune that into a proper synopsis.

Unfortunately I am not good with tags. I will be stapling as few tags onto the story as possible because I hate misleading people; only the main points, and ones that will be consistent, will appear. That said: supernatural, mystery, and action will be the main three genres. Then we've got violence, gore, gods, magic, slavery, mind control, possession, demons, and transformations as the little tags.

You want to see the first chapter? I believe I will be making changes to it a little before considering whether I want that published, but, okay, here you are: Prologue of the Little One - Google Doc.
I've read your prologue and I got little confused. For an ancient entity, he comes across like a young adult to me lol. Maybe you should've used 3rd pov imo... or if it was intentional, you should inform the audience that he's actually young or whatever. That being said, it won't affect my judgement.

Although waking up from deep slumber is among the popular tropes, the premise isn't quite there yet. It's just too plain and not clear enough. The tags and genres are also... problematic. The main genre should've contained either fantasy or sci-fi. As for the tags, well, you don't have anything interesting.

As of current state, I have to say no. BUT, your story has potential to be popular. Just add more unique twist in the premise and some appropriate tags such as 'strong to stronger', 'mysterious past', 'non-human protagonist', etc. If the ancient entity is journeying together with Wahne, that's actually could be very interesting story with one condition: the entity must be from our earth. Also, he should've kept his giant body instead of merging with Wahne... or at least become little which ironically yet perfectly matches with the title. Lastly, you can add litrpg into it if you care about posting the story on other sites, though this is completely optional.

Last edited:
Reactions: CL

Aniket-111

you can give it a read, and please tell me where I can improve. Thx.

CL

I've read your prologue and I got little confused. For an ancient entity, he comes across like a young adult to me lol. Maybe you should've used 3rd pov imo... or if it was intentional, you should inform the audience that he's actually young or whatever. That being said, it won't affect my judgement.

Although waking up from deep slumber is among the popular tropes, the premise isn't quite there yet. It's just too plain and not clear enough. The tags and genres are also... problematic. The main genre should've contained either fantasy or sci-fi. As for the tags, well, you don't have anything interesting.

As of current state, I have to say no. BUT, your story has potential to be popular. Just add more unique twist in the premise and some appropriate tags such as 'strong to stronger', 'mysterious past', 'non-human protagonist', etc. If the ancient entity is journeying together with Wahne, that's actually could be very interesting story with one condition: the entity must be from our earth. Also, he should've kept his giant body instead of merging with Wahne... or at least become little which ironically yet perfectly matches with the title. Lastly, you can add litrpg into it if you care about posting the story on other sites, though this is completely optional.
Hello and thank you again for investing your time into our writing. You are correct about how the expectations I set in the premise with that perspective does sound like it needs rewriting. That was a major mistake that will be facing a correction soon. As for later, I believe what I'll do is turn your recommendations into a checklist. Those points you've made are good. They will be looked upon in consideration as an influence for what needs redone. Proceeding from there, I will decide if I have it in me to continue.

Until I make those edits, I hope you rest well and will have a good rest of your day. :blob_cookie:

Hathnuz

you can give it a read, and please tell me where I can improve. Thx.
Well, I won't focus on technical aspect too much because there's already someone who's excel on that area, but I'll give my feedback regardless. You should improve your description since you're relying too much on adjectives. Also, try to reduce your 'I's count in your writing; here's what I meant by that.

Honestly, your story doesn't seem like it can be salvageable. The premise is muddled, plain, and not containing any popular element. If I were you, I'd either rewrite the whole story or write a new one. By the way, superhero is a viable genre for webnovel -- albeit a little dated -- but yours is too generic, unfortunately.

It's a hard no from me.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
The story follows a pair of siblings who are in love with each other but due to society's norms, decided not to pursue it. On the first day of their new school year, the whole school was transported away to another world, which they later nicknamed as Hell. Just a few hours after they arrived, they were attacked by 7-foot tall monsters with the body of a bear and the head of a dog. The whole school would've been reduced to fresh meat had it not been for the assistance of a mysterious entity in their dreams who gave them rings that impart various powers in order to defend themselves. However, not all of them had the rings, thus almost half of the school population was either eaten on the spot or dragged away for later consumption by the dogheaded monsters.

The survivors reorganized themselves and built themselves a self-sufficient enclave in this other world through foraging, farming, and raising animals while enduring constant attacks from the monsters. They organized themselves to fit specific roles.

1. The Boyscouts becomes their eyes and ears outside the school walls spending weeks to months outside
2. The Archery Club and the Kendo Club man the walls with bows and pikes
3. Police Cadets work as paramilitary force outside the walls
4. Mechanical Engineering Club handles maintenance, repairs and assembly of vehicles while also managing the school's power grid (because they have nothing else to do and they don't have enough gasoline to use the cars anyway)
5. Civil Engineering Club handles production of building materials and maintains the school infrastructure
6. The Prefects handle internal security and discipline
7. The Fishing Club provides seafood and fights sea monsters
8. Agriculture Club tends to the farms and fruit orchards
9. Animal Lover Club raises rabbits and goats for meat
10. Chemistry Club makes fuel and explosives
... and many more, some of the useless clubs such as the Chess Club are disbanded and its members are asked to join one of the other clubs though they're still allowed to function unofficially.

The male protagonist Carl is in Police Cadets and due to his ring's power 'Radar' (it's actually not, he lied), he's been sent to do all kinds of work outside with the assistance of the Archery Club's ace Sarah and Kendo Club's Queen of Blades Yuya Regina, they investigate locations marked by the Boyscouts in order to find loot and salvage to bring home later. This pisses off the female protagonist Maya because she is in the Student Council and thus aren't allowed to go with him.

Notable people include:
1. Carl, male protagonist, Police Cadet, armed with a knife and later a gun he swiped from a police station - telepathy
2. Maya, female protagonist, Vice Pres of Student Council - telekinesis
3. Zek, Student Council - enhanced strength
4. Nisa, Student Council, Maya's best friend - barrier
5. Sarah, Archery Club Ace and champion - penetrating sight
6. Yuya Regina, Kendo Club Ace, nicknamed Queen of Blades, tendency to roleplay as a monarch, battle-maniac - edge enhancement (ability to make any edge sharp and strong, even wooden spikes is indestructible in her hands)
7. Rachel Wee, formerly Kendo Club president, 6th Form, perverted lesbian - flight (originally she was assigned penetrating sight, but she abused it almost immediately)

It will be later revealed that:
> They weren't the only ones transferred there, and there are other survivor communities that they eventually traded with
> They may find power rings inside the belly of the monsters as those can't be digested
> Most people transferred there didn't fare as well despite being given the same power rings by the same entity
> It will be revealed that their transfer was intentional to feed a certain entity's petri dish

You can have a look yourself here. Ai-chan hasn't posted much yet, but have a look.

D

Deleted member 53101

Also, try to reduce your 'I's count in your writing; here's what I meant by that.
Phew ..., I found out that I've made this kind of mistake recently.

Please assess my series, if you may. But ..., the word counts have reached 60k. Anyway, I put a reply on this thread whether you'll read mine or not.

The premise of this story surrounding a boy who awakened a super ability that could enhance other supers. He also could keep superwomen abilities up to his use, why only superwomen? Because the condition of activation of this ability is to inseminate the woman.
He made a deal with the military government to sell the ..., substance that could enhance other supers for sky-high price and he could enjoy his life in luxury. However, this lifestyle will be the one that pinned him on his predicament.
It's still conceptual, but the military will be the villain. But it's more like a mid-boss because the alien that I mentioned in the synopsis is the big bastard. But well, the story hasn't reached that yet ..., in fact, I haven't written till that arc.
My writing has quite the snail-pace and even with that amount of word counts, only two days have passed in the story timeline.

If you could, please tell me what your thought about my story.
The link is in my signature. 👇

Hathnuz

The story follows a pair of siblings who are in love with each other but due to society's norms, decided not to pursue it. On the first day of their new school year, the whole school was transported away to another world, which they later nicknamed as Hell. Just a few hours after they arrived, they were attacked by 7-foot tall monsters with the body of a bear and the head of a dog. The whole school would've been reduced to fresh meat had it not been for the assistance of a mysterious entity in their dreams who gave them rings that impart various powers in order to defend themselves. However, not all of them had the rings, thus almost half of the school population was either eaten on the spot or dragged away for later consumption by the dogheaded monsters.

The survivors reorganized themselves and built themselves a self-sufficient enclave in this other world through foraging, farming, and raising animals while enduring constant attacks from the monsters. They organized themselves to fit specific roles.

1. The Boyscouts becomes their eyes and ears outside the school walls spending weeks to months outside
2. The Archery Club and the Kendo Club man the walls with bows and pikes
3. Police Cadets work as paramilitary force outside the walls
4. Mechanical Engineering Club handles maintenance, repairs and assembly of vehicles while also managing the school's power grid (because they have nothing else to do and they don't have enough gasoline to use the cars anyway)
5. Civil Engineering Club handles production of building materials and maintains the school infrastructure
6. The Prefects handle internal security and discipline
7. The Fishing Club provides seafood and fights sea monsters
8. Agriculture Club tends to the farms and fruit orchards
9. Animal Lover Club raises rabbits and goats for meat
10. Chemistry Club makes fuel and explosives
... and many more, some of the useless clubs such as the Chess Club are disbanded and its members are asked to join one of the other clubs though they're still allowed to function unofficially.

The male protagonist Carl is in Police Cadets and due to his ring's power 'Radar' (it's actually not, he lied), he's been sent to do all kinds of work outside with the assistance of the Archery Club's ace Sarah and Kendo Club's Queen of Blades Yuya Regina, they investigate locations marked by the Boyscouts in order to find loot and salvage to bring home later. This pisses off the female protagonist Maya because she is in the Student Council and thus aren't allowed to go with him.

Notable people include:
1. Carl, male protagonist, Police Cadet, armed with a knife and later a gun he swiped from a police station - telepathy
2. Maya, female protagonist, Vice Pres of Student Council - telekinesis
3. Zek, Student Council - enhanced strength
4. Nisa, Student Council, Maya's best friend - barrier
5. Sarah, Archery Club Ace and champion - penetrating sight
6. Yuya Regina, Kendo Club Ace, nicknamed Queen of Blades, tendency to roleplay as a monarch, battle-maniac - edge enhancement (ability to make any edge sharp and strong, even wooden spikes is indestructible in her hands)
7. Rachel Wee, formerly Kendo Club president, 6th Form, perverted lesbian - flight (originally she was assigned penetrating sight, but she abused it almost immediately)

It will be later revealed that:
> They weren't the only ones transferred there, and there are other survivor communities that they eventually traded with
> They may find power rings inside the belly of the monsters as those can't be digested
> Most people transferred there didn't fare as well despite being given the same power rings by the same entity
> It will be revealed that their transfer was intentional to feed a certain entity's petri dish

You can have a look yourself here. Ai-chan hasn't posted much yet, but have a look.
Isekai, survival, ecchi, and especially the incest tag, your story looks very promising on the paper. However, your creative decisions hinder its potential. Let me list some of them:
  1. The title. It's not interesting enough because people won't expect it as an isekai or even incest story. The cover also doesn't help.
  2. The characters' name. If you're going for Japanese school setting, then you should match their names accordingly. It's seriously jarring.
  3. The start is a bit too slow. I think two chapters are enough for buildup to the main conflict.
  4. Using 3rd pov. A story like yours would be better if you use 1st pov instead.
All in all, I don't think it'll become popular anytime soon. You're also two years too late when incest was the most popular genre in scribblehub, but that's fine since many people still enjoy it.

Last edited:

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Isekai, survival, ecchi, and especially the incest tag, your story looks very promising on the paper. However, I think your creative decisions hinder its potential. Let me list some of them:
  1. The title. It's not interesting enough because people won't expect it as an isekai or even incest story. The cover also doesn't help.
  2. The characters' name. If you're going for Japanese school setting, you should match their names accordingly. It's seriously jarring.
  3. The start is a bit too slow. I think two chapters are enough for buildup to the main conflict.
  4. Using 3rd pov. A story like yours would be better if you use 1st pov instead.
All in all, I don't think it'll become popular anytime soon. You're also two years too late when incest is the most popular genre in scribblehub, but that's fine since many people still enjoy it, I think.
1. Because it was not supposed to capitalize on the isekai thing. It was written as a serious literary attempt at tragedy, fantasy and psychological genre during nanowrimo. This was not meant to be weeb isekai anime-like story. It's meant to be something like Divergence or Hunger Games thing. So anime cover would be the wrong move.
2. It's not a Japanese school setting. It's a Malaysian school setting. All the names reflect existing Malaysian naming scheme. Since Ai-chan's family lives in Malaysia now.
3. Thanks, Ai-chan will see if that can be improved.
4. Since it's not going to be a Japanese light novel stuff and it's meant to have multiple POV, using 1st POV will be bad for immersion. Ai-chan has never been a fan of light novel-type of multiple POV. It always feels amateurish to Ai-chan. Sure, Ai-chan used to do that too, but that was back when Ai-chan was an amateur author. Nowadays the only people who do that in Japan are light novel authors who started in Syosetu.

Thanks for your opinion. Ai-chan will see if Ai-chan can make use of your input to get more audience.

EDIT: You probably misunderstood it's a Japanese school setting because of all the clubs. Malaysian schools have clubs too. In a way, the only difference between Malaysian schools and Japanese schools is that Japanese schoolgirls wear short skirts while Malaysian schoolgirls wear long skirts.

Last edited:

Hathnuz

Phew ..., I found out that I've made this kind of mistake recently.

Please assess my series, if you may. But ..., the word counts have reached 60k. Anyway, I put a reply on this thread whether you'll read mine or not.

The premise of this story surrounding a boy who awakened a super ability that could enhance other supers. He also could keep superwomen abilities up to his use, why only superwomen? Because the condition of activation of this ability is to inseminate the woman.
He made a deal with the military government to sell the ..., substance that could enhance other supers for sky-high price and he could enjoy his life in luxury. However, this lifestyle will be the one that pinned him on his predicament.
It's still conceptual, but the military will be the villain. But it's more like a mid-boss because the alien that I mentioned in the synopsis is the big bastard. But well, the story hasn't reached that yet ..., in fact, I haven't written till that arc.
My writing has quite the snail-pace and even with that amount of word counts, only two days have passed in the story timeline.

If you could, please tell me what your thought about my story.
The link is in my signature. 👇
I've read yours before actually, and it's a yes... with a big if.

Your story has clear and (kinda) fresh premise coupled with smut and good comedy. But, there's only one thing holding your story back -- it's the grammar. If that problem is gone, you'll get lots of readers within a week! I'm talking about 200-300 readers here. Although, you could just keep posting chapters and you'll reach big numbers eventually. So, yeah, keep writing and try to be better at grammar (or hire an editor, that works too).

Oh, I almost forgot one thing: don't write too much smut in short span of chapters otherwise your readers will get bored.

1. Because it was not supposed to capitalize on the isekai thing. It was written as a serious literary attempt at tragedy, fantasy and psychological genre during nanowrimo. This was not meant to be weeb isekai anime-like story. It's meant to be something like Divergence or Hunger Games thing. So anime cover would be the wrong move.
2. It's not a Japanese school setting. It's a Malaysian school setting. All the names reflect existing Malaysian naming scheme. Since Ai-chan's family lives in Malaysia now.
3. Thanks, Ai-chan will see if that can be improved.
4. Since it's not going to be a Japanese light novel stuff and it's meant to have multiple POV, using 1st POV will be bad for immersion. Ai-chan has never been a fan of light novel-type of multiple POV. It always feels amateurish to Ai-chan. Sure, Ai-chan used to do that too, but that was back when Ai-chan was an amateur author. Nowadays the only people who do that in Japan are light novel authors who started in Syosetu.

Thanks for your opinion. Ai-chan will see if Ai-chan can make use of your input to get more audience.

EDIT: You probably misunderstood it's a Japanese school setting because of all the clubs. Malaysian schools have clubs too. In a way, the only difference between Malaysian schools and Japanese schools is that Japanese schoolgirls wear short skirts while Malaysian schoolgirls wear long skirts.
Oh, I see. Sorry I'm not familiar with Malaysian schools and yes, I misunderstood because of that reason, especially Kendo and Archery clubs which are popular in Japanese school stories. Anyway, good luck with your story.

Last edited:

Hathnuz

I don't really know if i should post my story here, since i'm afraid of the results lol 😖😖😖
If you care about numbers going up, then you should to save yourself from getting depressed due to not receiving enough attention (this is my true intention for creating this thread btw). If not, then you shouldn't and focus on honing your writing skill instead. It's totally up to you.

Last edited:

Kinnikuniverse

If you care about numbers going up, then you should to save yourself from getting depressed due to not receiving enough attention (this is my true purpose for creating this thread btw). If not, then you shouldn't and focus on honing your writing skill instead. It's totally up to you.
Honestly, i do wanna tell my stories, but...i don't know, what's the point in continuing if nobody is interested?

Anyways, i'm gonna send it to you...i'm warning you in advance, i didn't really find a lot of tags that fit my story. And i only wrote two chapters, so far.

Here's Chapter 1: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/279690-the-life-and-times-of-eleanor/chapter/279723/

Last edited:

Ace_Raven

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want). However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that.
Hmmm, I don't know.

What about.

A boy who repeatedly seeing a dream about a certain girl trying to Jump out from rooftop in what seems to be suicide attempt.

The dream always end right before or when girl jump.

One day the boy meet the girl by chance on the street and the girl was actually new transfer student one grade above him.

And then he will try to get along with the girl to find out any reason that could possibly lead her to suicide.

And spoiler, nothing will really happened.
Because the suicide was already happened.

She is suicide survivor and regret her actions, thus leading her to start a new life.

In the new school.

And what about that dream? Well It's just a dream. Nothing but coincidence. He probably just writing too much novels.

The boy want to be a novelist.

Hathnuz

Honestly, i do wanna tell my stories, but...i don't know, what's the point in continuing if nobody is interested?

Anyways, i'm gonna send it to you...i'm warning you in advance, i didn't really find a lot of tags that fit my story. And i only wrote two chapters, so far.

Here's Chapter 1: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/279690-the-life-and-times-of-eleanor/chapter/279723/
Sorry, but I must say no. The premise is too basic and the genre isn't appealing for Scribblehub audience... or webnovel readers in general. Maybe it could work as a short story in some literary magazine, but... yeah, I can't see this becoming popular at all on here.
Hmmm, I don't know.

What about.

A boy who repeatedly seeing a dream about a certain girl trying to Jump out from rooftop in what seems to be suicide attempt.

The dream always end right before or when girl jump.

One day the boy meet the girl by chance on the street and the girl was actually new transfer student one grade above him.

And then he will try to get along with the girl to find out any reason that could possibly lead her to suicide.

And spoiler, nothing will really happened.
Because the suicide was already happened.

She is suicide survivor and regret her actions, thus leading her to start a new life.

In the new school.

And what about that dream? Well It's just a dream. Nothing but coincidence. He probably just writing too much novels.

The boy want to be a novelist.
Interesting but bad premise for a long running series like webnovel. The same as my reply above, it could work as a short story.

Kinnikuniverse

Sorry, but I must say no. The premise is too basic and the genre isn't appealing for Scribblehub audience... or webnovel readers in general. Maybe it could work as a short story in some literary magazine, but... yeah, I can't see this becoming popular at all on here.
So...where do you think i should post it? Isn't web novels supposed to be...well, novels on the net?