Cover Art Feeback!

KingMusa

So I've finally got my cover done professionally through a commission! What do y'all think? It's for my story "Elenora's Academy of Magicka: Ken Granfold", which is currently being rewritten, well more like updated.

(Link in case y'all wanna check it out)
sampl1187h.jpg

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
So I've finally got my cover done professionally through a commission! What do y'all think? It's for my story "Elenora's Academy of Magicka: Ken Granfold", which is currently being rewritten, well more like updated.

View attachment 7801
How much did you pay and the time period of when it would be completed from purchase date?
What does the other artists work look like?

Last edited:

Alkareel

Cuisses de Grenouille
Tbh, everything falls a bit flat coupled with the effort put into drawing the hair(Not saying it's bad, just an impression). If it were up to me, I'd prefer the hair having less texture if I were to keep the current design. That, or the other way around— add more texture to the clothing.
I feel there's too much going on with the letterings, and the title isn't as pronounced. The title isn't the first thing someone would notice on your cover.
(This is my standpoint on selling covers, if it's just for thumbnail, then by all means.)

EternalSunset0

View attachment 7801
Character looks amazing. Would buy.

However, I do agree that the lettering needs work. The title and the black-white-red contrasts hurt my eyes a bit. Feels a bit too sharp to look at.

D

Deleted member 49654

Tbh, everything falls a bit flat coupled with the effort put into drawing the hair(Not saying it's bad, just an impression). If it were up to me, I'd prefer the hair having less texture if I were to keep the current design. That, or the other way around— add more texture to the clothing.
I feel there's too much going on with the letterings, and the title isn't as pronounced. The title isn't the first thing someone would notice on your cover.
(This is my standpoint on selling covers, if it's just for thumbnail, then by all means.)
Why should the title be main on a cover? You have a title outside of the cover anyway. The cover should be a picture that draws people's attention.

Alkareel

Cuisses de Grenouille
Why should the title be main on a cover? You have a title outside of the cover anyway. The cover should be a picture that draws people's attention.
If it's plain thumbnail, or clickbait, yeah. But the cover^ looks like it's for selling. It has to have the title.

KingMusa

How much did you pay and the time period of when it would be completed from purchase date?
What does the other artists work look like?
It cost around $27-34, it took around 2-3 days to get it done

I got it done through a commission app called Fiver, it has a lot of artist
Thank You! I'll keep this in mind when getting another cover
Character looks amazing. Would buy.

However, I do agree that the lettering needs work. The title and the black-white-red contrasts hurt my eyes a bit. Feels a bit too sharp to look at.
Thank you! The character was of my own design

And yes I'll keep that in mind for my next cover