Empty must mean something different.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
What does "empty" in the referrer section mean? :blob_hmm:

good question. wondering that too.

Found this on Google:

It will/may be empty when the enduser
  • entered the site URL in browser address bar itself.
  • visited the site by a browser-maintained bookmark.
  • visited the site as first page in the window/tab.
  • clicked a link in an external application.
  • switched from a https URL to a http URL.
  • switched from a https URL to a different https URL.
  • has security software installed (antivirus/firewall/etc) which strips the referrer from all requests.
  • is behind a proxy which strips the referrer from all requests.
  • visited the site programmatically (like, curl) without setting the referrer header (searchbots!).

happypanda

Hmm... geographical info is cool, but I would like to have some demographical insight as well—like age group or gender or such.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Hmm... geographical info is cool, but I would like to have some demographical insight as well—like age group or gender or such.
You can't get this info from guest users.

And logged in users often times hide and/or lie on this info as well. It's not that uncommon to see people setting random joke birth dates for one.

So... Not really feasible.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Miss the old one

bulmabriefs144

I wasn't a fan of the old statistics page so decided to make a new one:

If you run into any bugs or problems please post here and I'll fix it as soon as I can.
I mentioned it here.

I'm not sure if the statistics page also counts this, but it should either discount it or at least clarify somehow what is your own activity (visiting to edit or proofread), and what is people legit visiting your page. I'm hoping soon I'm be able to figure out which chapters haven't got any readers (besides me).

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I mentioned it here.

I'm not sure if the statistics page also counts this, but it should either discount it or at least clarify somehow what is your own activity (visiting to edit or proofread), and what is people legit visiting your page. I'm hoping soon I'm be able to figure out which chapters haven't got any readers (besides me).

I would also like to know that. While the total amount of visits is neglectable, bumping my viewcount artificially whenever I want to fix some typo isn't my goal. Also, I wonder if it affects country distribution/geographical info, as well?

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
I spy with my little eye someone having free time and i thought i was only atako of sh.

WriterAlex

Thanks, it is great. Knowing where your readers are from brings the author and readers closer.

Logo 500x500 px.jpeg

Hence

I wasn't a fan of the old statistics page so decided to make a new one:

What's new? You'll be able to see traffic referrers and geographical distribution now. I also cleaned the page up so it'll look cleaner. The new statistics is new so there's only about 48 hours of new data (referrers and geographical) available. You can access this feature from your author's statistics page.

If you run into any bugs or problems please post here and I'll fix it as soon as I can.
Hello, from PH!!!