I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

Vnator

Make it simple and easy to digest but also conveying the premise with clarity. Something like this.
Thanks for the advice! how's something like this?

Sometimes, getting summoned to another world can be a nightmare when it's as a political pawn or cannon fodder meant to be tossed aside for something petty. When that happens, the Isekai Police show up to right these wrongs and prevent it from happening again.

Artyom Choi, member of the organization and an ex-hero himself, must investigate strange happenings in a seemingly innocent world straight out of a fairy tale. What looks like an easy mission might be anything but, as dark secrets and a grand conspiracy hide under the surface that could spell his doom for simply asking too many questions.

There's a bit of satire mixed in as well, but mainly just fun poked at various tropes in the genre from the eyes of someone who's seen it all first-hand.

Last edited:

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Sure, but only if you care about numbers.
Sure. That actually works out for the moment. Okay then, I have this story that I have been planning. I don't have a first chapter, so I hope a summary of what I have planned will suffice.

The title of the story will be "Basic Sword Style". The premise is an alternative world where magic used to exists abundantly but now, in the modern world, it is regulated to only being used with something called "Sword Batons", sword shaped weapons that are blunt and rounded at the top. Only around half of the world's population can use magic and they can only used them with these "baton" items, and swords are the most popular choice. Schools teach students about handling magic with the batons so for students without magical powers, they get swords where you can untwist the handle and insert something called an Elemental Capsule to use artificial powers. Natural magic is more powerful but these artificial powers balance it out in that they can mix magic. With these powers, the discipline is decided based on the elemental power of the user. Fire Sword Style, Electric Sword Style, Psychokinetic Sword Style, Magnetic Sword Style, etc. However, there is one sword style that doesn't use any magic powers and it's more of a introduction to sword fighting, Basic Sword Style.

The story centers around a 16 year old boy named Leonidas and he uses Basic Sword Style predominantly. He is an expert on it, which gets him ridiculed by everyone else who sees it as just the starting point. The reason why Leonidas does not learn any magic, aside from not having any, is because of his teacher who taught him how to use Basic Sword Style. She was mainly a teacher who taught this exclusively but a few years ago, a committee decided that Basic Sword Style was not necessary to further develop other sword styles. Since she herself did not know any other discipline, she was left out of a job. She eventually found Leonidas living on the streets when he was around 10 and took him in as his student.

But his decision to only use Basic Sword Style is more than just respect for his teacher. He has a crush on her, but he truly believes he is in love with her. She wants nothing to do with it and continues to tell him to move on, which is one of his problems.

His teacher is still homeless and living in her car, he is not going to school, only has a low wage job, and only knows Basic Sword Style because he's too stubborn to move on to the next level. That's the thing about Leonidas, he's too stubborn for his own good.

The overall story will be about a sword fighting tournament with a giant cash prize. Leonidas goal is to enter the tournament, win the cash prize, and get his teacher out of her predicament in the hopes of maybe winning the tournament with only Basic Sword Style will redeem the discipline and get her original job as a teacher back.

Other things to include will be an experience system that is inspired by the RPG systems popular in other webnovels and a cast of unique opponents for Leonidas to fight in order to ascend the rankings, each with their own characteristics and sword style disciplines.

Hathnuz

Sure. That actually works out for the moment. Okay then, I have this story that I have been planning. I don't have a first chapter, so I hope a summary of what I have planned will suffice.

The title of the story will be "Basic Sword Style". The premise is an alternative world where magic used to exists abundantly but now, in the modern world, it is regulated to only being used with something called "Sword Batons", sword shaped weapons that are blunt and rounded at the top. Only around half of the world's population can use magic and they can only used them with these "baton" items, and swords are the most popular choice. Schools teach students about handling magic with the batons so for students without magical powers, they get swords where you can untwist the handle and insert something called an Elemental Capsule to use artificial powers. Natural magic is more powerful but these artificial powers balance it out in that they can mix magic. With these powers, the discipline is decided based on the elemental power of the user. Fire Sword Style, Electric Sword Style, Psychokinetic Sword Style, Magnetic Sword Style, etc. However, there is one sword style that doesn't use any magic powers and it's more of a introduction to sword fighting, Basic Sword Style.

The story centers around a 16 year old boy named Leonidas and he uses Basic Sword Style predominantly. He is an expert on it, which gets him ridiculed by everyone else who sees it as just the starting point. The reason why Leonidas does not learn any magic, aside from not having any, is because of his teacher who taught him how to use Basic Sword Style. She was mainly a teacher who taught this exclusively but a few years ago, a committee decided that Basic Sword Style was not necessary to further develop other sword styles. Since she herself did not know any other discipline, she was left out of a job. She eventually found Leonidas living on the streets when he was around 10 and took him in as his student.

But his decision to only use Basic Sword Style is more than just respect for his teacher. He has a crush on her, but he truly believes he is in love with her. She wants nothing to do with it and continues to tell him to move on, which is one of his problems.

His teacher is still homeless and living in her car, he is not going to school, only has a low wage job, and only knows Basic Sword Style because he's too stubborn to move on to the next level. That's the thing about Leonidas, he's too stubborn for his own good.

The overall story will be about a sword fighting tournament with a giant cash prize. Leonidas goal is to enter the tournament, win the cash prize, and get his teacher out of her predicament in the hopes of maybe winning the tournament with only Basic Sword Style will redeem the discipline and get her original job as a teacher back.

Other things to include will be an experience system that is inspired by the RPG systems popular in other webnovels and a cast of unique opponents for Leonidas to fight in order to ascend the rankings, each with their own characteristics and sword style disciplines.
Hmm, an underdog story, eh? Although the premise isn't bad, I still find it too plain and kind of generic. There are so many stories that include similar theme like yours, especially the tournament trope. The mc's motivation and goal are also a bit problematic. I think following the story from mc's pov would be frustrating even if it's intentional -- or not if you're good with comedy. I'm leaning toward negative for this one, so overall you'll get less than 100 readers within 30 chapters and low chance to be on trending with that story.

Basically, your story concept isn't original enough.

Last edited:

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Hmm, an underdog story, eh? Although the premise isn't bad, I still find it too plain and kind of generic. There are so many stories that include similar theme like yours, especially the tournament trope. The mc's motivation and goal are also a bit problematic. I think following the story from mc's pov would be frustrating even if it's intentional -- or not if you're good with comedy. I'm leaning toward negative for this one, so overall you'll get less than 100 readers within 30 chapters and low chance to be on trending with that story.

Basically, your story concept is unoriginal.

Well, dang. That was kind of surprising to hear, but informative nonetheless. I'll take your word for it, but I have no idea how to actually change it to better fit the needs of the reader. Aw, but it may be a passion project at this point since I don't want to edit it. :ooks like I'll have to postpone it and write other stories more likely to get readers.

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want). However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that.
First I just wanted to say that I think it is very interesting what you are doing! I've already posted it on Scribble and I've posted almost all of the first volume but nevertheless, I thought this was fun so if you don't mind, then please mister/miss fortune teller, tell me my fate :sweating_profusely:

Synopsis/Main Plot: Ophelia, the second daughter of Duke Criswell is destined to die engulfed by flames on the night of her 18th birthday. After dying 9 times to this unmerciful fate she loses hope and decides that from now on she will stop fighting her destiny, living her life until the day of doom lustfully and playing around with the high nobility puppets. Her first objective to start living her dream life is to get rid of her obsessive fiancée, Terrel Wharton that in her past lives ruined her dignity, however, as the chess pieces started to move, Ophelia catches the eye of her older sister's fiancée, Bradley Trace after saving an injured black kitten.

Since you will only read the first chapter I will tell you a little bit of the story itself so you can see the future better! :blob_nom:

So, the MC goes to live in her fiancée's house and meets his family (something that didn't happen in her previous lives) and all the maids as well. Contrary to her first life, her father sent her earlier since Bradley, her sister's fiancée became intrigued about the FL and he couldn't risk their upcoming marriage crumbling.
During her stay, she goes to the "Garden" (thematic I chose for the black market) to buy a slave and some poison for protection. Then she goes to a ball and threatens to kill her sister by slicing up her wrists with a broken champagne glass so she would leave her alone. Seeing that the MC is not willing to stay away from her sister's fiancée (at least that's how they see it but in fact, the MC is not interested in that man at all), they decide to plant an assassin inside the mansion where she was living in order to murder her. They also have spies inside that provide them with information.
Of course, she recognizes the assassin since he had murdered her before and so she beats him up after seeing how negligent he was and delayed her father's plan. She intends to get rid of her second fiancée first so she tries to be closer to him but doesn't succeed. Then, after manipulating two girls that are under her sister's control, she has a tea party where her sister threatened to kill her but the spell turned on the wizard and she was the one that passed away after seeing the MC penetrate a knife into her neck. In this party the MC knew that the tea was poisoned so she drank it and was almost successful in staining her father's name but still he blamed someone else, a maid that had to bite her tongue off in order to survive.
During all this time she saves a black cat that is extremely weird and that, sometimes makes the MC feel uncomfortable but she bears with it. There are also some strange events happening, like the MC hears voices, wakes up healed, things that were broken get fixed, etc (almost like "magic").

The tags I used:
1622129563658.png

Link for the First Chapter:
https://www.scribblehub.com/read/257927-the-heroine-is-a-villainess/chapter/257930/

Thank you and have a good day! :blobtaco:

Hathnuz

First I just wanted to say that I think it is very interesting what you are doing! I've already posted it on Scribble and I've posted almost all of the first volume but nevertheless, I thought this was fun so if you don't mind, then please mister/miss fortune teller, tell me my fate :sweating_profusely:

Synopsis/Main Plot: Ophelia, the second daughter of Duke Criswell is destined to die engulfed by flames on the night of her 18th birthday. After dying 9 times to this unmerciful fate she loses hope and decides that from now on she will stop fighting her destiny, living her life until the day of doom lustfully and playing around with the high nobility puppets. Her first objective to start living her dream life is to get rid of her obsessive fiancée, Terrel Wharton that in her past lives ruined her dignity, however, as the chess pieces started to move, Ophelia catches the eye of her older sister's fiancée, Bradley Trace after saving an injured black kitten.

Since you will only read the first chapter I will tell you a little bit of the story itself so you can see the future better! :blob_nom:

So, the MC goes to live in her fiancée's house and meets his family (something that didn't happen in her previous lives) and all the maids as well. Contrary to her first life, her father sent her earlier since Bradley, her sister's fiancée became intrigued about the FL and he couldn't risk their upcoming marriage crumbling.
During her stay, she goes to the "Garden" (thematic I chose for the black market) to buy a slave and some poison for protection. Then she goes to a ball and threatens to kill her sister by slicing up her wrists with a broken champagne glass so she would leave her alone. Seeing that the MC is not willing to stay away from her sister's fiancée (at least that's how they see it but in fact, the MC is not interested in that man at all), they decide to plant an assassin inside the mansion where she was living in order to murder her. They also have spies inside that provide them with information.
Of course, she recognizes the assassin since he had murdered her before and so she beats him up after seeing how negligent he was and delayed her father's plan. She intends to get rid of her second fiancée first so she tries to be closer to him but doesn't succeed. Then, after manipulating two girls that are under her sister's control, she has a tea party where her sister threatened to kill her but the spell turned on the wizard and she was the one that passed away after seeing the MC penetrate a knife into her neck. In this party the MC knew that the tea was poisoned so she drank it and was almost successful in staining her father's name but still he blamed someone else, a maid that had to bite her tongue off in order to survive.
During all this time she saves a black cat that is extremely weird and that, sometimes makes the MC feel uncomfortable but she bears with it. There are also some strange events happening, like the MC hears voices, wakes up healed, things that were broken get fixed, etc (almost like "magic").

The tags I used:
View attachment 7904

Link for the First Chapter:
https://www.scribblehub.com/read/257927-the-heroine-is-a-villainess/chapter/257930/

Thank you and have a good day! :blobtaco:
Villainess + reincarnation/time loop trope combination is still quite popular especially among girls, and so, many readers will flock to your story from that alone. But, the premise is cliched aside being slightly dark (dying 9 times in a row and mc turning into a villain are still ordinary). Everything else is fine. Overall, you'll get 300-450 readers by chapter 30.

By the way, thanks. I'm also having fun for doing this.

Last edited:

DarklyReadsBooks

Hola! Amateur here, please and thank you for this!
Some average joe "isekais" to a world similar to his own
He gets a system (pretty standard)
But the thing is, it's not exactly standard
It's an Auction System! Sounds useless?
Well it is, besides maxing his abilities (for now...)
and helping him sell stuff
it does nothing!

synopsis: "Selling Pill to increase your power by one step of anything you're cultivating! "Price will start at 100,000,000 dollars. increase must not be less than 10 million!" Every night at around 12 AM, the shouts of someone selling something from a small store would be heard. But inside this store were races that had never been seen on this universe. Even Gods came to this small store to buy items from a simple looking young man.

chapter 1: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/290103-my-auction-system/chapter/293095/

Enjoy making fun of my grammar.
Also, I suck with tags, so if you could suggest some decent ones that would be great!

Last edited:

Hathnuz

Hola! Amateur here, please and thank you for this!
Some average joe "isekais" to a world similar to his own
He gets a system (pretty standard)
But the thing is, it's not exactly standard
It's an Auction System! Sounds useless?
Well it is, besides maxing his abilities (for now...)
and helping him sell stuff
it does nothing!

synopsis: "Selling Pill to increase your power by one step of anything you're cultivating! "Price will start at 100,000,000 dollars. increase must not be less than 10 million!" Every night at around 12 AM, the shouts of someone selling something from a small store would be heard. But inside this store were races that had never been seen on this universe. Even Gods came to this small store to buy items from a simple looking young man.

chapter 1: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/290103-my-auction-system/chapter/293095/

Enjoy making fun of my grammar.
Also, I suck with tags, so if you could suggest some decent ones that would be great!
I won't make fun of your grammar since I'm not good at it too lol

Unique premise for sure but very weird. I doubt it will catch many potential readers despite being a cultivation story. Usually, the main selling point of that genre is the growth and underdog themes, but you seem to not have those components. You'll get less than 100 readers by chapter 30 and very low chance of becoming popular.
Yo, can you do mine? It's on my signature.
It's generic, sorry. Bringing modern technology to medieval era is really overdone. The sci-fi part isn't new either. You'll get less than 100 readers by chapter 30 and very low chance of becoming popular.
Can you kindly please tell me about mine? I posted it yesterday and this is my prologue link
A meh twist on a popular premise, but it's a twist nonetheless. Still cliche, though. 100-150 readers by chapter 30 and low chance of becoming popular.

Rudia_Estelle

Unique premise for sure but very weird. I doubt it will catch many potential readers despite being a cultivation story. Usually, the main selling point of that genre is the growth and underdog themes, but you seem to not have those components. You'll get less than 100 readers by chapter 30 and very low chance of becoming popular.

It's generic, sorry. Bringing modern technology to medieval era is really overdone. The sci-fi part isn't new either. You'll get less than 100 readers by chapter 30 and very low chance of becoming popular.

A meh twist on a popular premise, but it's a twist nonetheless. Still cliche, though. 100-150 readers by chapter 30 and low chance of becoming popular.
Thank you so much for telling!💛 hope that i can turn the tables at some point though.... just hoping🤣

DarklyReadsBooks

Unique premise for sure but very weird. I doubt it will catch many potential readers despite being a cultivation story. Usually, the main selling point of that genre is the growth and underdog themes, but you seem to not have those components. You'll get less than 100 readers by chapter 30 and very low chance of becoming popular
Makes sense, it's mainly a story for people who enjoy slice of life (it will end up with an underdog theme. but not right now) I'm only really using it to see if people like the Auction type genre, and I'll probably rewrite when I have 50 chapters. Thanks for the feedback.

Tblew

Hmm, can I still participate even though I am already 40+ chapters into my series? Lol. I avoided all of this when I started out, and just now thinking that I shouldn't have.

Summary: She regains her memories of her past life just as she triggers her own death flag.

She manages to escape her death sentence via a last-minute intervention from her loyal little sister, but now she must adjust to being stripped of all her titles and exiled. Though it is a sudden turn of events, she had thought she would be fine. She was just happy she managed to escape with her life intact...but what is this?

Why is she suddenly waking up on a ship, surrounded by women who are crying? Wasn't she just supposed to be transported to an old rural village just outside the Kingdom to be exiled in? That is when she notices the brand around the women's neck, the ones that mark them as merchandise yet to be purchase. It is then that the realization hits her; Her exiled had just been a facade to shrowd the sly workings of someone who wasn't happy about her avoiding the death sentence!

Will this newly aware villainess be able to survive the cruel fate that has been forced on her? Will she be able to hold onto her life long enough to return and seek vengeance on those who cursed her to a fate worse than death?

Tags:
Appearance Different from Actual Age Aristocracy Childcare Cunning Protagonist Dark Depictions of Cruelty Familial Love Female Protagonist Hard-Working Protagonist Hated Protagonist Magic Mature Protagonist Mysterious Past Overpowered Protagonist Past Trauma Pregnancy R-18 Reincarnated into a Game World Reincarnated into Another World Revenge Slow Romance Special Abilities Villainess Noble Girls Witches

(The summary really needs to be edited. I feel like it's doing a bit much.) Also, link below to the story in the sig.

Derin_Edala

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on The Cursed Heart.

Kayden is a trans boy with a curse in his heart. When he loses control of it and almost kills someone, a prestigious magical academy offers him free legal representation in exchange for him agreeing to attend the school for six month to learn to control it. This sounds extremely suspicious, but Kayden has little choice.

He quickly becomes embroiled in the complicated politics of the wealthy magical families attending the school, and when one of the powerful Circle mages running the school is caught in a not-so-accidental lab accident, fingers are quickly pointed at Kayden. With the help of his friends, he needs to prove his innocence and find the actual culprit before they manage to kill. But with an uncontrollable curse that's attacked someone before, can Kayden himself be so sure that he's innocent?

Tags
Academy Bisexual Protagonist Boy's Love Subplot Character Growth Charismatic Protagonist Comedic Undertone Confinement Conspiracies Corruption Curses Different Social Status Familial Love Fantasy World Female to Male Lack of Common Sense Love Interest Falls in Love First Magic Male Protagonist Manipulative Characters Modern Fantasy Mystery Solving Special Abilities Transgender Wizards

Last edited:

MoonLight27

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want) and/or getting into trending. However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that.

Another note: This is optional but anyway, after I give my feedback, I would be grateful if you also give yours to my story (link on my signature). Doesn't have to be long, detailed, nor related to this thread; a sentence or two is enough for me. You also don't have to post here either as long as I can read it.
Hello! I am a newbie author. It will be a very great help for me if you review my work! This is my first ever novel and I have a good story but I am not sure whether I am writing in correct manner or not. Please tell me if this novel will work or not.
Novel Name: Destined or Fated?
Book Link: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/304875/destined-or-fated/
Genre: Fantasy Romance

AlexaLee

Hello! I'm new to ScribbleHub but I've been going on other sites for a little while. I'd love to have your thoughts on the two in my signature?

Hathnuz

Premise: Tarot-symbolism-based survival games. You can read my summary to get the idea.

Tags: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Mystery, Psychological, LitRPG, Mature (for now). And by LitRPG I don't really mean level system stuff, but there are messages from above, items, and privileges.

First chapter link: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/298246-seekers-of-the-end/chapter/298257/
Survival games aren't really popular at least this site, and unless you bring something unique or great twist, those kind of stories will struggle to attract readers. Overall, you'll get less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
Hmm, can I still participate even though I am already 40+ chapters into my series? Lol. I avoided all of this when I started out, and just now thinking that I shouldn't have.

Summary: She regains her memories of her past life just as she triggers her own death flag.

She manages to escape her death sentence via a last-minute intervention from her loyal little sister, but now she must adjust to being stripped of all her titles and exiled. Though it is a sudden turn of events, she had thought she would be fine. She was just happy she managed to escape with her life intact...but what is this?

Why is she suddenly waking up on a ship, surrounded by women who are crying? Wasn't she just supposed to be transported to an old rural village just outside the Kingdom to be exiled in? That is when she notices the brand around the women's neck, the ones that mark them as merchandise yet to be purchase. It is then that the realization hits her; Her exiled had just been a facade to shrowd the sly workings of someone who wasn't happy about her avoiding the death sentence!

Will this newly aware villainess be able to survive the cruel fate that has been forced on her? Will she be able to hold onto her life long enough to return and seek vengeance on those who cursed her to a fate worse than death?

Tags:
Appearance Different from Actual Age Aristocracy Childcare Cunning Protagonist Dark Depictions of Cruelty Familial Love Female Protagonist Hard-Working Protagonist Hated Protagonist Magic Mature Protagonist Mysterious Past Overpowered Protagonist Past Trauma Pregnancy R-18 Reincarnated into a Game World Reincarnated into Another World Revenge Slow Romance Special Abilities Villainess Noble Girls Witches

(The summary really needs to be edited. I feel like it's doing a bit much.) Also, link below to the story in the sig.
Well, then there's no point in predicting your story, isn't it? I mean, I can't really say much other than you're doing great. Judging from your writing, you seem to be already well-versed in this craft when you wrote the first chapter.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on The Cursed Heart.

Kayden is a trans boy with a curse in his heart. When he loses control of it and almost kills someone, a prestigious magical academy offers him free legal representation in exchange for him agreeing to attend the school for six month to learn to control it. This sounds extremely suspicious, but Kayden has little choice.

He quickly becomes embroiled in the complicated politics of the wealthy magical families attending the school, and when one of the powerful Circle mages running the school is caught in a not-so-accidental lab accident, fingers are quickly pointed at Kayden. With the help of his friends, he needs to prove his innocence and find the actual culprit before they manage to kill. But with an uncontrollable curse that's attacked someone before, can Kayden himself be so sure that he's innocent?

Tags
Academy Bisexual Protagonist Boy's Love Subplot Character Growth Charismatic Protagonist Comedic Undertone Confinement Conspiracies Corruption Curses Different Social Status Familial Love Fantasy World Female to Male Lack of Common Sense Love Interest Falls in Love First Magic Male Protagonist Manipulative Characters Modern Fantasy Mystery Solving Special Abilities Transgender Wizards
The premise is actually alright albeit niche. It might be strange for a gender bender story to be not garner more readers but that's because you opt for female to male, though I'm not saying you should change it. Overall, you'll get less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
Hello! I am a newbie author. It will be a very great help for me if you review my work! This is my first ever novel and I have a good story but I am not sure whether I am writing in correct manner or not. Please tell me if this novel will work or not.
Novel Name: Destined or Fated?
Book Link: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/304875/destined-or-fated/
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Pure romance is really unpopular on this site. Quality-wise, the writing is good, but your style needs work. For example, create some paragraphs rather than combining every line into one giant paragraph. Overall, you'll get less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
Hello! I'm new to ScribbleHub but I've been going on other sites for a little while. I'd love to have your thoughts on the two in my signature?
YA fictions, aren't popular at all on here. Anyway, my first impression for both stories are as follow:
For Irision: a bit confusing since you established characters first before setting. The plot is kinda cliched but not by much.
Thick as Thieves: the first couple of paragraphs were rushed. It's like you wanted to get the mc's background out of the way before throwing her into the main conflict, making it difficult for me to attach to her. The plot is also cliched.

My prediction for both are overall the same as above.