If Uno was an anime

I dare you to write this

• Give me a hot second. I'll link what I wrote in this thread when I finish/start it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lurking

It would be like hikaru no go.

There would be inexplicable world championships of Uno.

And the mc would be a disenchanted adult who used to play Uno as a kid, but stopped since his childhood bestbuddy who was better at Uno died one day since they were wild kids.

Mc would be a dead inside factory worker who never bothered to pay union fees and got fired unjustly.

Mc would regret all things in his life, and remember his childhood bestbuddy’s smile as they played Uno, and go to the bridge where she died with her battered old fairy Uno deck he never gave back, as a final tribute to the last time he was not dead inside.

Right before he jumps to his death, his bestbuddy would come out of the Uno deck as an inexplicably busty adult ghost, and give an inspirational monologue to mc.

He would be confused, then she would say how dare he forget her, they were bestbuddies! And how dare he not try for Uno world championship when she couldn’t and he had every chance.

Then there would be tournaments of Uno where she was cheering him on invisibly but never telling him the other peoples cards since cheating is unbefitting of Uno.

There would be emotional ups and downs like a rollercoaster,and eventually mc would no longer be dead inside, the Uno world champion, and the bestbuddy ghost would dissipate with a satisfied smile.

Then mc would be sad about his bestbuddy properly passing into the afterlife.

However!

He would repent and decide to finally return his bestbuddies fairy Uno deck to her family house since she had a little baby sister who might like it.

But, when mc opens the door, bam, his bestbuddies ghost had been a busty adult woman since she was never dead, just in a coma and astral projecting into her old fairy Uno deck.

Azrie

Redemption Seeker
I like this, I can see the hype. I would write it, but I have too much on my plate to write it. HOWEVER, I will save this. Eventually might be able to write it when I have the time. Although I don't like one part which I might leave out. Other than that, I like the general concept.

Kid_Kayor

(In Supreme Leader and Commander-in-Cheif of the 9-Year Old Army voice)I like!
321g4x.png

Lurking

I like this, I can see the hype. I would write it, but I have too much on my plate to write it. HOWEVER, I will save this. Eventually might be able to write it when I have the time. Although I don't like one part which I might leave out. Other than that, I like the general concept.
Which part didn't you like?

I like feedback about what parts are good and bad~

Kotohood

Noob Author
I would write this as maybe a simple chapter of a thousand words, but the simple rules of UNO would mean I have very little plot device to move the story along.

It doesn't matter how good the cast of the story is, my problem lies within the game itself. Unless the other uno games are fair game then maybe.

Lurking

I would write this as maybe a simple chapter of a thousand words, but the simple rules of UNO would mean I have very little plot device to move the story along.

It doesn't matter how good the cast of the story is, my problem lies within the game itself. Unless the other uno games are fair game then maybe.
Of course you can focus on other Uno games

And focus on the people inevitably trying to cheat, as well the dynamics of a world that would have world championships of Uno.

Would Uno be the same as we know it, or have evolved? What would the regional variations be? What would cause the focus on Uno to be so intense? Would family relationships be more tight knit or looser on average with this world popular thing that can be played by 5 year olds and 50 year olds together in your home?

Can do whatever you want with it I guess.

Lurking

Turns out friend was never dead part. It just sounds unrealistic and removes the 'I can finally move on' ending from the protagonist.
Ya? Alright. I just added that since it is sad Hikaru can't be friends with Sai forever or sumthin.

Also, I needed the ghost to not be a loli or a shota and being alive all along explains the adult ghost etc.

Scribbler

The trick with sports anime is... well... uno is not very complicated, strategically speaking. The mind games could only go so far, I would imagine. Okay, since kotohood said my thing I'll bring up a counterpoint. WHAT IF a handful of people have special powers that let them cheat. The MC would have their astral projection friend while other could read minds or see seconds into the future. Now that could be interesting. Or you could make expansion packs of uno that add in evolution or fusion or some other nonsense.

I thought the goodbye made their friendship more impactful. Hikaru never could have been his own go player if he kept on following what sai told him. One of the main themes of the show, I believe.

Lurking

Alternatively....

(The version with a YuGiOh twist haha)
This is the most amazing thing I have seen in a while.

GOOD JOB! There are tears in my eyes. Did you make this?

The source says its from 2015.

But wow...

Lurking

The trick with sports anime is... well... uno is not very complicated, strategically speaking. The mind games could only go so far, I would imagine. Okay, since kotohood said my thing I'll bring up a counterpoint. WHAT IF a handful of people have special powers that let them cheat. The MC would have their astral projection friend while other could read minds or see seconds into the future. Now that could be interesting. Or you could make expansion packs of uno that add in evolution or fusion or some other nonsense.

I thought the goodbye made their friendship more impactful. Hikaru never could have been his own go player if he kept on following what sai told him. One of the main themes of the show, I believe.
Yeah? I heard Sai dissipated and decided to never finish it.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
This is the most amazing thing I have seen in a while.

GOOD JOB! There are tears in my eyes. Did you make this?

The source says its from 2015.

But wow...
Not mine, but I love it 🥰

Lost_Strings

Lol there's even a Karuta anime. Chihayafuru i think it was called XD
Uno anime wont be strange anymore

tak

UNO was a popular street sport. Everyone cheered when they heard the news: There will be an official UNO tournament!

However, there were riots when the details were released. Unbelievable! Blasphemous! How dare they! This is nonsense!

However, the Company was unmoved. They insist on this.

You cannot stack Draw 2 and Draw 4 cards.