Page/Word Count more visible

Alchyr

Currently, the word count and approximate page count are only visible by viewing the statistics of a story. I just think it would be convenient to be able to view this information immediately on a story's page, along with the chapter number/chapter release rate directly under the title. Due to the wide variety of chapter length, it's very hard to judge how much content you're getting yourself into just from the chapter count, and I generally just appreciate being able to easily approximate how many hours I can spend reading something before I fall into the deep pit of release-waiting despair.

Ninetailed_Furball

I've heard some concerns regarding other sites, but I do think that word count should be emphasized more, especially over some other statistics.

Both wordcount and readers are probably the best indicators for most readers to decide if they should read a story after ratings, and reviews. Most of the other statistics that are easily accessible are either useless or misleading. Especially views and chapters. Those numbers are easy to bloat, but readers is a pretty hard number to fabricate without the use of bots, and word count is a measurable quantity to a story rather than chapter count, even if it's not a measure of actual quality, it actually tells the reader how much there is to read compared to chapter count.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I've heard some concerns regarding other sites, but I do think that word count should be emphasized more, especially over some other statistics.

Both wordcount and readers are probably the best indicators for most readers to decide if they should read a story after ratings, and reviews. Most of the other statistics that are easily accessible are either useless or misleading. Especially views and chapters. Those numbers are easy to bloat, but readers is a pretty hard number to fabricate without the use of bots, and word count is a measurable quantity to a story rather than chapter count, even if it's not a measure of actual quality, it actually tells the reader how much there is to read compared to chapter count.
This is true. I also try and find stories to read based off word count because while I do appreciate multiple chapters, if the story lack 10 chapter for 10k words while another story had 2 chapters with 10k words, I’d read the second one, assuming they were of similar genres or taste.

Ninetailed_Furball

This is true. I also try and find stories to read based off word count because while I do appreciate multiple chapters, if the story lack 10 chapter for 10k words while another story had 2 chapters with 10k words, I’d read the second one, assuming they were of similar genres or taste.
I've been burned enough time getting excited about a story with 30+ chapters thinking it would kill the afternoon when in the end I'm already looking for a new story 10 minutes later because I finished it all.

I've also been burned checking out a 10 chapter story thinking I could finish that before having to go do something, only to only get like 2 chapters in before realizing I'm late for work.

I hate being forced to rely solely on chapter count when trying to decide to read something or not, as it's one of the least reliable ways to see how long a story is.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I've been burned enough time getting excited about a story with 30+ chapters thinking it would kill the afternoon when in the end I'm already looking for a new story 10 minutes later because I finished it all.

I've also been burned checking out a 10 chapter story thinking I could finish that before having to go do something, only to only get like 2 chapters in before realizing I'm late for work.

I hate being forced to rely solely on chapter count when trying to decide to read something or not, as it's one of the least reliable ways to see how long a story is.
Yeah! And I know that eventually someone is going to come in here, as they always do, and say that the word count is visible, but it’s only through the statistics tab. I’d love to know avg word count for chapter and word count for the entire series on the actual novel page as it’s easier to gauge for reading value :(