If your novel was selected to become an anime, what song would you use as an opening/ending?

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
In the hypothetical case that your story was selected to become an anime and you were given full reign of what song to use as an opening/ending, what song/songs would you choose?

It could be an original song, or a song that has already been used.

I have several I would use...

1) Itou Kanako - Heaven. ( I genuinely love this song...)
2) Man With A Mission - Fly Again
3) Jyukai - Kojou No Tsuki
4) Itou Kanako - Lamento
5) KanColle - Our Pride Burning Down
6) KanColle - A Fragment of the Departed's Dreams
7) OxT - Silent Solitude
8) Stack - Venten
9) Straph - Dilatant

I could probably think of more, but I will stick with those. :blobtaco: :blob_hide:

Candy_Man

Opening - Soviet anthem
Ending - Soviet anthem (ear rape version)

Edit: Of course I'm joking, I'm actually going to remix the anthem to make it sound ANIME.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
In the hypothetical case that your story was selected to become an anime and you were given full reign of what song to use as an opening/ending, what song/songs would you choose?

4) Itou Kanako - Lamento
7) OxT - Silent Solitude
8) Stack - Venten
9) Straph - Dilatant

I could probably think of more, but I will stick with those. :blobtaco: :blob_hide:
this has actually been discussed extensively regarding my main story and everyone agrees the opening would be House of Pain's song Jump Around, and Shaggy's Boombastic will be the MC's theme song that plays whenever he gets high and has his weed adventures.
The closing theme would be Beethoven's Fur Elise for some reason. No idea why they thought that was a good idea, I guess maybe they just wanted something serious to offset the crazy? I dunno but hey I like it.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Last Remain from Alstroemeria Records.
A remix of the Extra Stage of Touhou 11: Subterrenean Animism

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

I have a different idea for OP and EP for this series.

There will be no songs.

Instead, the opening will be a close-up shot of an ashtray. In the first episode, you'd see an unlighted cigarette sitting on the tray before being taken up by an unseen hand. The scene lingers on the ashtray, never moving away. You'd hear the familiar click of a lighter sound off and see a faint glow appear on the corner of the screen. The title card would fade in on the middle, followed by the opening credits. All the while, you just keep seeing trails of smoke coming off from the corner, along with more faint glows as light puffs were taken from the cigarette. The opening continues like this for around 10-15 seconds and just ends with the last of the credits before continuing with the episode.

The ending will be the exact same shot, just in the opposite. The ashtray is still there, and the faint glow and light smoke trails on the corner persists. You'd see the credits roll in in a similar vein as the opening, with the fade-in fade-out texts. When the credits are done rolling, the cigarette returns to the ashtray, still burning on one end as it is set back on its original place as shown on the opening, only that it's a tad bit shorter after being smoked for a while.

Subsequent openings will be a literal continuation of the ones from the last episodes. Episode two's opening picks up from episode one's opening where the cigarette will be picked up and smoked, only that there's no lighter click to accompany it with. No music with fade-in fade-out title card/credit as always. Episode two's ending ends exactly the same with the cigarette being shorter this time. Episode three's ending then follows from episode two's ending, ob-la-di, ob-la-da.

The cigarette finishes whenever one arc is concluded. The ending would show the cigarette, down to its butt, being smothered and left in the ashtray. Right before the ending ends, however, and a new stick of cigarette is introduced, and it'll be placed exactly where the last stick was placed in episode one. A new arc is introduced, the cycle continues.

As the series progresses, the cigarette butts keep piling up, the ashtray getting more crowded and dirtier as the episodes roll out.

There is no variation, nor any special versions. There's only smoking, and more butts getting pressed onto dark, miniature ashy hills.

OP will be this song ^ played on an INCREDIBLY SCRATCHY and near broken record. It won't be a clear song, but rather a distant piece of music crying in the background over the ambience of a dry desert. The visuals would just be shots of dilapidated, abandoned buildings and desert horizons and toxic skies with the credits interjected in creative positions (creative used very liberally here). The title-card reveal will just be the title etched onto the blade of a huge dagger, and that dagger would be stuck in many places. It'll be stuck on a dead corpse in one opening, or laying rust-covered on a tarp in another, with all of them the blade exposed enough for the audience to make sense of the words etched onto it. The song ends being completely out of tune, destroyed, or the cassette tape fucking itself up.

EP will be this song ^ played on the same quality as the OP. The visuals would be the exact same as before, only with a night sky, and without the dagger. The whole thing just ends when there are no more credits to be shown. Song ends the same way the OP would; in destruction.

I will admit I should spend more time actually writing than thinking of shit like this.

ZesshiLavi

I have a different idea for OP and EP for this series.

There will be no songs.

Instead, the opening will be a close-up shot of an ashtray. In the first episode, you'd see an unlighted cigarette sitting on the tray before being taken up by an unseen hand. The scene lingers on the ashtray, never moving away. You'd hear the familiar click of a lighter sound off and see a faint glow appear on the corner of the screen. The title card would fade in on the middle, followed by the opening credits. All the while, you just keep seeing trails of smoke coming off from the corner, along with more faint glows as light puffs were taken from the cigarette. The opening continues like this for around 10-15 seconds and just ends with the last of the credits before continuing with the episode.

The ending will be the exact same shot, just in the opposite. The ashtray is still there, and the faint glow and light smoke trails on the corner persists. You'd see the credits roll in in a similar vein as the opening, with the fade-in fade-out texts. When the credits are done rolling, the cigarette returns to the ashtray, still burning on one end as it is set back on its original place as shown on the opening, only that it's a tad bit shorter after being smoked for a while.

Subsequent openings will be a literal continuation of the ones from the last episodes. Episode two's opening picks up from episode one's opening where the cigarette will be picked up and smoked, only that there's no lighter click to accompany it with. No music with fade-in fade-out title card/credit as always. Episode two's ending ends exactly the same with the cigarette being shorter this time. Episode three's ending then follows from episode two's ending, ob-la-di, ob-la-da.

The cigarette finishes whenever one arc is concluded. The ending would show the cigarette, down to its butt, being smothered and left in the ashtray. Right before the ending ends, however, and a new stick of cigarette is introduced, and it'll be placed exactly where the last stick was placed in episode one. A new arc is introduced, the cycle continues.

As the series progresses, the cigarette butts keep piling up, the ashtray getting more crowded and dirtier as the episodes roll out.

There is no variation, nor any special versions. There's only smoking, and more butts getting pressed onto dark, miniature ashy hills.

OP will be this song ^ played on an INCREDIBLY SCRATCHY and near broken record. It won't be a clear song, but rather a distant piece of music crying in the background over the ambience of a dry desert. The visuals would just be shots of dilapidated, abandoned buildings and desert horizons and toxic skies with the credits interjected in creative positions (creative used very liberally here). The title-card reveal will just be the title etched onto the blade of a huge dagger, and that dagger would be stuck in many places. It'll be stuck on a dead corpse in one opening, or laying rust-covered on a tarp in another, with all of them the blade exposed enough for the audience to make sense of the words etched onto it. The song ends being completely out of tune, destroyed, or the cassette tape fucking itself up.

EP will be this song ^ played on the same quality as the OP. The visuals would be the exact same as before, only with a night sky, and without the dagger. The whole thing just ends when there are no more credits to be shown. Song ends the same way the OP would; in destruction.

I will admit I should spend more time actually writing than thinking of shit like this.
I just scroll through that, didn't read any as I assume it's really great stuff.
Anyway, great thought, I think.

ZesshiLavi

go read it, and turn that assumption to a confirmation ;)
Well, I skimmed through it now, I really tried but it's like 3:41 am now and if I read anymore I would fall asleep and waste 4 hours of time.
The idea of the cigarettes pilling up as each arks progress seems like a really great idea to show the viewer of the time progression.
I guess that's the gist of it from what I skimmed, I do enjoy that sort of stuff where you see the same scene every now and then but with slight variance.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

4) Itou Kanako - Lamento
7) OxT - Silent Solitude
8) Stack - Venten
9) Straph - Dilatant

Well, since you asked, Ai-chan would say any of Foreground Eclipse's songs would work. Ai-chan likes Shibayan Records too, but its sweet songs may not be suitable for Ai-chan's mostly tragedy stories. In particular, Ai-chan would likely choose among these:

Foreground Eclipse - Last Liar Standing
Foreground Eclipse - I Bet You Would Forget That Even If You Noticed That

Or maybe Kokia's folk songs

Or half of Stellatram's Hymmnos Chronicles songs
Or the first part of Exec Paja Fyusion

Ai-chan's likes Daoko's songs, but Ai-chan isn't sure her cute and seductive voice would work for Ai-chan's stories.

Or maybe Sound Holic's Infinite World. Sound Holic's songs seem to be made for anime opening songs.

hauntedwritings

My options would be from the songs I listen to while writing;

Intro/Main Theme: Lola Montez - Volbeat

Outro: One Of Us (feat Julie Elven) - Ivan Torrent

Interlude between scenes: How To Make A Good Regiment

HokuouTenrou

OP: preferably original, something with similar feel to "The Asterisk War" or "Hajimari no Resolution" (female vocals, mid to fast pace, might or might not be heavy on the guitars)
ED: first or two episodes only, "Baptised in Fire and Ice" by Bathory (kinda like how "Colorado Bulldog" was used on KamiMemo). After that, original; haven't think of an example yet, but should be something chill/relaxed while still sounding folk rock-ish (maybe like Daemon x Machina's Hangar theme but much less metal/mecha and more... folk)