Writing Judge my Magic system Idea

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I did not stare and glare at Isekai, RPG Videogame, and all that Transmigration Genres for nothing. But the Harem Magnetism Theory is hard to formulate.

Should we include a human's soul's purity and intents?

True. But can you please explain more about Hard vs. Soft Magic vs. High vs. Low Magic concepts?
You are blowing my mind tonight! :blob_aww: :blob_aww: Enlighten this undisciplined disciple!

:blob_melt: I am finding so many teachers in SH.

Last edited:

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
I want your honest opinions on my future novel magic system!:blob_aww: Will you all help Kitty out?

Mana is the essence of life and the source of all magic in this world. Humans were descended from a certain race and were able to harness it from nature long ago. "Something" happened and, well, the humans were cut off from the magic pool or the world.

Because of this, they have to rely on artifacts made by god-like beings to harness it somewhat from nature.

Those who don't have artifacts or pureblood * nobles that descend from a certain race or have a pact with one of those god-like beings* can use magic but only with the use of the mana that is keeping their bodies running.

Basically, normal mages use up part of their lives to do spells or create items for people. That mana is limited too.

Normal spells use negligible amounts of mana, but bigger chaotic spells or item creation spells use years of their lives. They can never recover them once they're gone.

It also requires amounts/years of training to adequately use the mana, so slowly in this world magic users are going extinct.

Hm.... I don't even know if it is a system or a drain... I hope I explained myself well, sounded better in my brain... but everything sounds better there! :blob_melt:

Anyway! Open for judgments or ideas to make this better!

*Yes, this is about an earlier thread where I asked for awesome ideas for magic subclasses for this story!* I kind of want to know what you guys think of this.

Forums have been too quiet... we need some creative juices spilling~:blob_aww:
So cool! Reminds me of the irregular of magic high school. Purebloods and nobles? Does this have vampirism?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
So cool! Reminds me of the irregular of magic high school. Purebloods and nobles? Does this have vampirism?
Nu this one does not! xD I am leaving the vamp/werewolf world with Gate series xP for a bit, going to elf, mystical spirits and dirty humans next! :blob_aww:
*Not that gate series did not have dirty humans... or elves...* Hm... :blob_frown:

CrazyGrimReaper

I understand your concern.

Well... Does it count if MC is a combination of human + a good-like being? Do rules apply to these characters? They are basically an artificial elf made from a Celestial* one of the god-like beings* and a human. This happened because they needed a way for someone to be able to reach the world, which is basically trying to kill off every human now. And that is why they have magic different from all the other humans in the world? They are the first elf to be seen since they went extinct and went into folklore.

They are on a different system when it comes to the consumption of mana since they can draw it from the earth itself, while all the others apply. Like they only have one element and its sub-element due to the paternal bond they have with the Celestial being.

Which greedy people want to get hold of them for that reason.

Thank you for helping me, flesh this out btw! :blob_aww:
What he's basically saying is that you are going with a chosen one trope. A trope that can work well as we have a defined magic system. An example is Avatar the Last Airbender, with four elements, earth, wind, fire, water. Only the avatar can wield all four elements and therefore the magic system of only using one element doesn't restrict the Chosen One. However, Avatar does this trope justice as we don't have a lot of B.S. where he breaks the system to live and it becomes his MacGuffin, Get out of jail free card, or Plot Armor, as he learns it gradually and there is actual tension then just oh random magic solve problem hehehe. He is trying to warn you of your character becoming too broken where there is no tension and point to having a magic system other than to just limit other characters to make your MC seem OP. Avatar can use all systems but only those systems, so he is limited to only water, air, fire, or earth. No blood bending, metal bending, etc... because it is extremely hard to learn them and not enough time. Avatar does go in-depth with its power system with blood bending and everything but not to the point of breaking the whole system and making a character too overpowered to keep the tension for the reader in fights so we worry for them and connect with them more. We need rules to limit the MC so they don't just magic their way to success with the reason magic exists therefore I must live for the plot.

One thing you definitely need to think about for your magic system is how does it fare against technology. Why is it better than guns? Better than cannons? Better than a rain of arrows? Better than chemical bio-weapons like poison gas? Better than bombs? You can't just say that technology hasn't advanced because it damn well would have in your world no matter what. The MAJORITY is magicless, therefore, need someone to make the grunts/cannon fodder somewhat useful when they die. So they must develop weapons or other items for the grunts to use and die with. Meaning they need to research guns, cannons, bombs, poison, etc... is needed. How can mages block bullets, arrows, poisonous gas, massive explosions/ Thousands of grunts running towards him? Why would mages be needed if these war weapons can be made? What makes magic more useful to the point where guns and other things like that are more useful in war. Also, I would think that using your life force for casting magic is way too harsh of a punishment. A mage needs to practice spells, they can't just do a spell right away! This means the progenitors of magic who didn't know wtf they were doing DIED A LOT. A lot of deaths HAD to happen for the magic to progress because it uses their life. Now, WHY DID MAGIC PROGRESS at first if so many deaths happened and there were only bad things happening or nothing happening because spells failed since they didn't know wtf they were doing? Well, you can skim that question but some food for thoughts. Anyways, the problem with mages being made for war is that you need knowledge for mages to be useful, without it, only good for one strategic kamikaze. Yes, you are at a point in the novel where Mages are going extinct, but this makes this question even more prevalent because Mages are STILL BEING COVETED as weapons sot they MUST have something which makes modern weapons in your world obsolete.

Last edited:

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
What he's basically saying is that you are going with a chosen one trope. A trope that can work well as we have a defined magic system. An example is Avatar the Last Airbender, with four elements, earth, wind, fire, water. Only the avatar can wield all four elements and therefore the magic system of only using one element doesn't restrict the Chosen One. However, Avatar does this trope justice as we don't have a lot of B.S. where he breaks the system to live and it becomes his MacGuffin, Get out of jail free card, or Plot Armor, as he learns it gradually and there is actual tension then just oh random magic solve problem hehehe. He is trying to warn you of your character becoming too broken where there is no tension and point to having a magic system other than to just limit other characters to make your MC seem OP. Avatar can use all systems but only those systems, so he is limited to only water, air, fire, or earth. No blood bending, metal bending, etc... because it is extremely hard to learn them and not enough time. Avatar does go in-depth with its power system with blood bending and everything but not to the point of breaking the whole system and making a character too overpowered to keep the tension for the reader in fights so we worry for them and connect with them more. We need rules to limit the MC so they don't just magic their way to success with the reason magic exists therefore I must live for plot.
I understand that concern.

The MC is only free from the mana rule in this case.

For example they can use crazy amounts of mana without keeling over. But that doesn't mean anything if they encounter a ground elemental monster because their power is essential useless.

It is kind of like water beat fire. But fire can melt ice. In this world not everyone can use magic if any kind. They are stuck to one kind and the most powerful of magic isn't the one mc can use.

They are limited to their element which can be useful or not. They also have no idea about how to use their power in the start. So its a learning process as well as dealing with what they are.

They are limit yet powerful. The MC is broken in the mana aspect but where they excel in one place they lack in another. In this case it is many others.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention though! :blob_aww:

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Just think of it this way.

High Mana Cap = Users are mortal containers of Mana, they absorb energy and hold it for later uses

Mana Resistance = Think of Mana as radioactive energy; Users can hurt because too much Energy or Energy left inside their bodies for too long can become toxic miasma that corrodes the User's health over time.
Think of allergic reactions or a person getting poisoned from ODing on prescriptions.

Magic Potential = How skilled Users are in controlling Mana via absorbing and releasing; in other world how much firepower you give your User's spells like Skill: Fire Lv. 5 -> Skill: Meteoric Shower Lv. 1

As for Neutralization or Anti-Magic AOE on human races. Will this formula help?

M = ( Am - C + ( P = R + T) )

Am = Anti-Magic AOE on Human Race | R = Resistance | P = Potential | C = Capacity Reserve | T = Training | M = Mana

Magic User = 100+ > M > 12 Spell Point
Non User = 1 < M < 10 Spell Point
Anything lower than 1 = Dead / Souls
Kinda off-topic from the rest of the thread and also somewhat ranty

The mana resistance thing is somewhat similar to my magic system, which is very convoluted and not suited for writing material(it was used for online roleplaying). Straight-up mana is pretty deadly, similar to how pure oxygen is toxic. Too much of anything kills, and while in my lore mana doesn't necessarily just become a form of "miasma", having someone manipulate pure mana(which in my lore is incredibly hard to do, but all my original characters do it because obviously, they need to be OP and manipulation is much better than spellcasting for fights) and forcefully shove it into someone else's body (someone who has little training in magic and therefore a low mana resistance or just has a naturally low resistance) essentially just overloads them with pure energy and makes them implode.

Also in my lore resistance can be trained, since it'd be like adjusting one's body and attuning it to mana, similar to cultivation, and it also results in a stronger body. The most powerful mages in my lore will always be what I refer to as Auramancers, which is just anyone that manipulates mana directly, and they also tend to end up becoming CQC fighters somehow or another because their bodies are just god-like I tell you.

Also mages/wizards/sorcerers/etc. having weak bodies is bullshit, how the fuck are you supposed to control the flow of worldly energy in some weak mortal vessel? Cultivation has it right, even if one doesn't focus on training their body with the energy they'd still naturally get stronger or they'll just die in one of many ways.

Also for anti-magic, having a high mana resistance actually helps prevent it in my lore. Well, prevent it from instantly killing any person in an anti-magic field. Mana in my lore, in the first place, is a fundamental building block of the universe next to atoms and matter. It's in everything and is also the same as life force when it comes to living things. So when someone takes mana and just tears it out of an area or person, it's essentially using Instant Kill magic. Good thing is that only very powerful Auramancers would be capable of completely removing mana from even a 1 square centimeter area. And I mean stronger-than-Gods level. Which only very few of the characters I've ever made are that strong, one of which has been designed for essentially doing just that, and another being the strongest character I ever made if him being tea-buddies with Azathoth is anything to say for his power, so yeah.

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic rant lmao.
Also I think this is as good as any message to be my 50th in the SH forums lol

Jemini

I understand your concern.

Well... Does it count if MC is a combination of human + a good-like being?

Umm... no. If your MC has magic, then magic in your world needs rules. Period. The reader's ability to have interest in the story fails if they cannot understand exactly what your MC is and is not capable of. There will be no tensions and no stakes without those limitations. It doesn't matter what other window dressing you put up.

As I said, you can give any flavor text or back-story to the origins of magic that you want. The 3 core principles are AWLAYS the same. You need to clearly define high magic Vs low magic. You need to clearly make a choice on hard Vs. soft. And, if you are going with hard magic, you need to have a solid outline of what your magic system CAN NOT do. The limits are more interesting than the capabilities when it comes to magic.

Also, if you are using a soft magic system, you absolutely cannot give magic to the MC. Magic should also be somewhat rarely encountered by the main cast in a soft magic system.

It is sounding more and more to me like you should probably take a look at some videos on magic systems before you start with this based on some of the things I'm hearing here. It was kind of a red flag that you'd never even heard those terms I used before, a magic system is simply not functional if you have not considered those three things.

I'll start you off by linking one. I strongly recommend you do more research on your own from here though. I don't consider this video to be an authority on the subject. (As a matter of fact, I'm writing this having not even searched up the video or having a specific video in mind yet.) However, it should help you get your mind on the right track.

*Searches video.* Yep, this one is pretty good for a start. Actually, after reviewing it, I think it has exactly what you need to hear in it.

Last edited:

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
A couple things you should consider:

Because magic users are going extinct, are they more valuable or less valuable? How does this fact change the type of magic that is cast? Are people afraid that the world will run out of magic? What is the something that happened, and would it change people's opinions on purebloods if they heard what it was that happened?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Umm... no. If your MC has magic, then magic in your world needs rules. Period. The reader's ability to have interest in the story fails if they cannot understand exactly what your MC is and is not capable of. There will be no tensions and no stakes without those limitations. It doesn't matter what other window dressing you put up.

As I said, you can give any flavor text or back-story to the origins of magic that you want. The 3 core principles are AWLAYS the same. You need to clearly define hard magic Vs low magic. You need to clearly make a choice on hard Vs. soft. And, if you are going with hard magic, you need to have a solid outline of what your magic system CAN NOT do. The limits are more interesting than the capabilities when it comes to magic.

Also, if you are using a soft magic system, you absolutely cannot give magic to the MC. Magic should also be somewhat rarely encountered by the main cast in a soft magic system.

It is sounding more and more to me like you should probably take a look at some videos on magic systems before you start with this based on some of the things I'm hearing here. It was kind of a red flag that you'd never even heard those terms I used before, a magic system is simply not functional if you have not considered those three things.

I'll start you off by linking one. I strongly recommend you do more research on your own from here though. I don't consider this video to be an authority on the subject. (As a matter of fact, I'm writing this having not even searched up the video or having a specific video in mind yet.) However, it should help you get your mind on the right track.

*Searches video.* Yep, this one is pretty good for a start. Actually, after reviewing it, I think it has exactly what you need to hear in it.

Thank you, I will watch this. To be honest never thought of things like this.

Imo it depends on what kind if story it is. To me this seems like the mc has an artifact or is a pureblood which was what I said before are the exception to this mana rule.

Maybe I am not explaining myself well enough on what my magic system is. I will inform myself a bit, and change a few things, if i see where I am lacking.

To me it makes perfect sense since the magic system is geared to the humans themselves than the other race , who were long dead before mc showed up.

Thank you for your time though! Will watch the video!

A couple things you should consider:

Because magic users are going extinct, are they more valuable or less valuable? How does this fact change the type of magic that is cast? Are people afraid that the world will run out of magic? What is the something that happened, and would it change people's opinions on purebloods if they heard what it was that happened?

More valuable. Maybe i should say everyone can use magic, it is just the knowledge to do so is hard to come back. They use their own life force to do it. And not everyone is willing to do that.

They have to choose what magic the cast. High level magic will require more mana. Let's say a barrier to protect a town will drain a caster for 4+ years of their lives. Low level magic will require barely any. Like starting a fire for a fire mage.

I don't understand the last one a bit but purebloods are basically the nobles and high ranking Elite's in the military. Noone can revolt yo stop them because without their barriers they are food for the monsters.

Last edited:

CrazyGrimReaper

One important thing to take notice of is how your Magic System affects the culture and people.

For instance, mages. I assume that they will typically be very skeptical and never take multiple disciples in fear of them taking knowledge and betraying, meaning that it would be hard to convince a mage to take you as a disciple unless they are on their deathbed. Also, meaning that if they are willing to trade for information on magic they see you as an equal maybe? Or it can be taboo to ask about personal spells of a mage without trying to tell them about a trade as it can be seen as them trying to steal secrets. Another example is how it affects the dynamics between the noble houses and the current ruling empire's royalty. I assume since knowledge is very sacred for nobles, the empire won't know the spells of the noble houses. Since the noble houses spells are what keeps them in power, as if they didn't they would have nothing to defend against the current royal house and not be a total lap dog. This means the previous mages tried to hide all their spells and only use them when they needed to, to make sure that the royal houses have very little information on the power of the noble houses so that the royal house has to be careful when ordering and controlling noble houses in fear of a coup de tat. Then there are the people in the world, if everyone can't use magic to help themselves and need some way to improve their lives then they must progress in some way. Since magic can't help some would try to invent new technology. War weapons, agriculture, alchemy, medicine, architecture, entertainment, anything to earn money to have a peaceful life or help the general populace.

How does magic affect the personality or actions of a mage and why? This is an important question that needs to be answered or at least thought of.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
One important thing to take notice of is how your Magic System affects the culture and people.

For instance, mages. I assume that they will typically be very skeptical and never take multiple disciples in fear of them taking knowledge and betraying, meaning that it would be hard to convince a mage to take you as a disciple unless they are on their deathbed. Also, meaning that if they are willing to trade for information on magic they see you as an equal maybe? Or it can be taboo to ask about personal spells of a mage without trying to tell them about a trade as it can be seen as them trying to steal secrets. Another example is how it affects the dynamics between the noble houses and the current ruling empire's royalty. I assume since knowledge is very sacred for nobles, the empire won't know the spells of the noble houses. Since the noble houses spells are what keeps them in power, as if they didn't they would have nothing to defend against the current royal house and not be a total lap dog. This means the previous mages tried to hide all their spells and only use them when they needed to, to make sure that the royal houses have very little information on the power of the noble houses so that the royal house has to be careful when ordering and controlling noble houses in fear of a coup de tat. Then there are the people in the world, if everyone can't use magic to help themselves and need some way to improve their lives then they must progress in some way. Since magic can't help some would try to invent new technology. War weapons, agriculture, alchemy, medicine, architecture, entertainment, anything to earn money to have a peaceful life or help the general populace.

How does magic affect the personality or actions of a mage and why? This is an important question that needs to be answered or at least thought of.

Thank you for bringing this up! I have thought much about how it affects the world and the people that live in it.

Mostly no one cares for those who have lost or can't learn magic. And instead of spells, I guess you can think of it as the magic in the avatar, the last air bender. They can create these elements, though, without having to cast incantations. It isn't like air benders though because they can create water from nowhere, or light if being a light elemental mage. They have to acquire an understanding of how to use magic, which isn't easy to do.

This can be self-taught or have a teacher, which in this world those who have the ability will be obligated to learn. Military regime. It does affect the culture, and civilization in ways I won't get into 100% but I'll give you an example let's say you have a high pool of mana you will be drafted into the military obligated. Trained to harness the power to kill the monsters in this world that threaten the human race.

To combat that, most people can't use magic. The mages who have artifacts and bonds to the god-like beings that allow them to use magic with no restriction created elemental crystals that can be used for daily life. Like a fire, crystal to create a fire, or electric to make a car run. *I wish this was real, less pollution!* These are given to the public from the nobles, and craft men that make them.

You guys have been so helpful to me! Allowing me to think and word things!

LilTV1155

Kinda off-topic from the rest of the thread and also somewhat ranty

The mana resistance thing is somewhat similar to my magic system, which is very convoluted and not suited for writing material(it was used for online roleplaying). Straight-up mana is pretty deadly, similar to how pure oxygen is toxic. Too much of anything kills, and while in my lore mana doesn't necessarily just become a form of "miasma", having someone manipulate pure mana(which in my lore is incredibly hard to do, but all my original characters do it because obviously, they need to be OP and manipulation is much better than spellcasting for fights) and forcefully shove it into someone else's body (someone who has little training in magic and therefore a low mana resistance or just has a naturally low resistance) essentially just overloads them with pure energy and makes them implode.

Also in my lore resistance can be trained, since it'd be like adjusting one's body and attuning it to mana, similar to cultivation, and it also results in a stronger body. The most powerful mages in my lore will always be what I refer to as Auramancers, which is just anyone that manipulates mana directly, and they also tend to end up becoming CQC fighters somehow or another because their bodies are just god-like I tell you.

Also mages/wizards/sorcerers/etc. having weak bodies is bullshit, how the fuck are you supposed to control the flow of worldly energy in some weak mortal vessel? Cultivation has it right, even if one doesn't focus on training their body with the energy they'd still naturally get stronger or they'll just die in one of many ways.

Also for anti-magic, having a high mana resistance actually helps prevent it in my lore. Well, prevent it from instantly killing any person in an anti-magic field. Mana in my lore, in the first place, is a fundamental building block of the universe next to atoms and matter. It's in everything and is also the same as life force when it comes to living things. So when someone takes mana and just tears it out of an area or person, it's essentially using Instant Kill magic. Good thing is that only very powerful Auramancers would be capable of completely removing mana from even a 1 square centimeter area. And I mean stronger-than-Gods level. Which only very few of the characters I've ever made are that strong, one of which has been designed for essentially doing just that, and another being the strongest character I ever made if him being tea-buddies with Azathoth is anything to say for his power, so yeah.

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic rant lmao.
Also I think this is as good as any message to be my 50th in the SH forums lol
Dude! I was almost thinking the same idea as you!

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
🤔
I want to make a comment but i am only good with hard magic. I think i will just watch then.
It’s hard for me to understand soft magic since I can’t understand its rules.
I hardly understand them both lol. I just know they are guidelines.
And one has more consequences than the other. :sweating_profusely:
Yet in each one there is always an exception, Avatar from the last air benders. They can do multiple elements other than the one they are born with.
FMAB Edward can cast alchemy without having to do a circle. Though the law of equivalent exchange must always be met, if not suffer consequences.

:blob_hide: I have a lot to learn.~ I think my system is going to hard magic, but I don't understand the way to explain it well. Like the source comes from the world, a specific god that lives in the center of it. But maybe I need to hatch it out.:sweating_profusely:

CrazyGrimReaper

I hardly understand them both lol. I just know they are guidelines.
And one has more consequences than the other. :sweating_profusely:
Yet in each one there is always an exception, Avatar from the last air benders. They can do multiple elements other than the one they are born with.
FMAB Edward can cast alchemy without having to do a circle. Though the law of equivalent exchange must always be met, if not suffer consequences.

:blob_hide: I have a lot to learn.~ I think my system is going to hard magic, but I don't understand the way to explain it well. Like the source comes from the world, a specific god that lives in the center of it. But maybe I need to hatch it out.:sweating_profusely:
A hard magic system only defines what you can and can't do when casting a spell. A Hard Magic system is made to make sure that spells CAN do anything, they just COST a lot or have strict requirements. Meaning that you don't need to explain the energy too much unless this energy limits spells in some way. For example, some rules would be, you can only use spells that pertain to the deity you worship. If you worship a death god you can't cast life spells. When casting a spell you lose your lifespan unless you use mana from an environment. Mana from the environment must match the spell you are casting, can't cast a fire spell out of ice mana or water mana. The other things which a mage can or can't do to cast magic.

Hard Magic System: A system that has a rule or many rules for what magic can or can't do. These rules ARE KNOWN to the readers.

Soft Magic Systems: A system that has magic that seems to not obey any rules or have any patterns. Readers DON'T know how magic works.

It's hard to put some Magic Systems on just Hard or Soft Magic Systems. Most are generally in the middle. For instance, Harry Potter. We know that spells have to have an incantation and wand movement to make the spell and messing up both messes up the spell. However, we don't know why some spells have rules of their own, like the Fiddelius Charm with the Secret Keeper rule. We also don't know the language of spells, the readers can't really make spells on their own if put into the world since they don't specifically know which words combined with each other along with the wand movements make a specific type of spell like a time spell or healing spell. It's just that nowadays readers appreciate magic systems that lean towards the Hard side as they can understand magic to some degree most of the time of why they can do supernatural stuff other than oh magic go bippity boppity boo.

Watch the video for maybe inspiration. She goes over the magic systems of different novels and each one is pretty unique!

If you want, you can also check out my Magic System, however, it is extremely different from yours. I have an extremely hard magic system. Meaning there is a LOT to read as there is a lot of explanation on how magic works and what things limit magic. Everyone writes magic systems differently so don't go copying me and being a psychopath of writing 10 pages on google docs about how magic works.

Last edited:

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
A hard magic system only defines what you can and can't do when casting a spell. A Hard Magic system is made to make sure that spells CAN do anything, they just COST a lot or have strict requirements. Meaning that you don't need to explain the energy too much unless this energy limits spells in some way. For example, some rules would be, you can only use spells that pertain to the deity you worship. If you worship a death god you can't cast life spells. When casting a spell you lose your lifespan unless you use mana from an environment. Mana from the environment must match the spell you are casting, can't cast a fire spell out of ice mana or water mana. The other things which a mage can or can't do to cast magic.

Hard Magic System: A system that has a rule or many rules for what magic can or can't do. These rules ARE KNOWN to the readers.

Soft Magic Systems: A system that has magic that seems to not obey any rules or have any patterns. Readers DON'T know how magic works.

It's hard to put some Magic Systems on just Hard or Soft Magic Systems. Most are generally in the middle. For instance, Harry Potter. We know that spells have to have an incantation and wand movement to make the spell and messing up both messes up the spell. However, we don't know why some spells have rules of their own, like the Fiddelius Charm with the Secret Keeper rule. We also don't know the language of spells, the readers can't really make spells on their own if put into the world since they don't specifically know which words combined with each other along with the wand movements make a specific type of spell like a time spell or healing spell. It's just that nowadays readers appreciate magic systems that lean towards the Hard side as they can understand magic to some degree most of the time of why they can do supernatural stuff other than oh magic go bippity boppity boo.

Watch the video for maybe inspiration. She goes over the magic systems of different novels and each one is pretty unique!

If you want, you can also check out my Magic System, however, it is extremely different from yours. I have an extremely hard magic system. Meaning there is a LOT to read as there is a lot of explanation on how magic works and what things limit magic. Everyone writes magic systems differently so don't go copying me and being a psychopath of writing 10 pages on google docs about how magic works.

Kitty is thrilled! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me!:blob_melt:

Yeah, I was thinking mine was more in the middle than soft, since it has restrictions other than mana consumption that I did not mention in this post since I was just focusing more on the mana life dying part. And when I saw the video someone else posted I was like... those examples seem very middle ground too. Like they don't explain everything.:sweating_profusely:

I will watch this video too. Thank you!:blob_aww:

I will peek at your work to see how a madman writes.~ *Research purposes*
And do not worry I will not do 10-page google docs on how magic works! If any I will do 1 page or 2. Maybe a diagram might be nice to explain the magic types and attributes! Which was what I was thinking.~
Thank you for sharing your work with me too~ :blob_aww:

LilTV1155

To which part?
Just the affinity and body + soul idea in general? Or the anti-magic bit? or all of it? lmao
Mana Resistance + Training + Anti-Magic
Toxic if too much mana and can kill + energy manipulation
---
Ain't too sure on bodybuilding though.

I havr seen a few isekai manga suggest overusing the Mana to the limit to level up Mana Cap and train body to break limits at same time.

Cultivation world......that one is closer to spirit/soul-building than body-building.
-closer to alchemy stuffs than martial arts because fight scenes are technically Genital-slapsmackers and Power moves flexing

The only one that make most sense in body building and energy manipulation would be Murim world.
-closer to martial arts because obvious body results and self-defense combat techniques applied in fight scenes

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Mana Resistance + Training + Anti-Magic
Toxic if too much mana and can kill + energy manipulation
---
Ain't too sure on bodybuilding though.

I havr seen a few isekai manga suggest overusing the Mana to the limit to level up Mana Cap and train body to break limits at same time.

Cultivation world......that one is closer to spirit/soul-building than body-building.
-closer to alchemy stuffs than martial arts because fight scenes are technically Genital-slapsmackers and Power moves flexing

The only one that make most sense in body building and energy manipulation would be Murim world.
-closer to martial arts because obvious body results and self-defense combat techniques applied in fight scenes
Well by the magic training also strengthening the body I didn't mean it making someone muscular and stuff. I just meant straight up super human strength with little physical change except the generic expelling of impurities. But basically, if someone started their magic training while already at peak human strength, they'd get more out of it when magic reinforces every aspect of their body from the skin and muscles to the bones and nerves, and all the organs. The better the base form, the more efficient the reinforcement and the greater effects.

LilTV1155

Well by the magic training also strengthening the body I didn't mean it making someone muscular and stuff. I just meant straight up super human strength with little physical change except the generic expelling of impurities. But basically, if someone started their magic training while already at peak human strength, they'd get more out of it when magic reinforces every aspect of their body from the skin and muscles to the bones and nerves, and all the organs. The better the base form, the more efficient the reinforcement and the greater effects.
That logic makes more sense.