Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

luxia

Hmm...considering doing another collaborative quest, since my creative juices are a bit dry. Anyone up for that?
:blob_hide: What did you have in mind? We can bounce ideas back even if you want to work with an NPC that gets built on the fly. Some of us enjoy writing chaotic and unreasonable characters.

luxia

Strange Noises During The Night..​
  • Sponsor: Marquis Algerone
  • Prerequisites: N/A
  • Investigate the strange noises plaguing the citizens of Brinehill.
  • Find out any information you can about the vanished people.
  • Try and find a way to calm the citizens of Brinehill before the whole city becomes a madhouse.
For several nights strange chanting or wailing could be heard ranging throughout the streets. Many residents have been losing sleep over such noises.
The few brave ones that went out to look into the sounds never returned.
Paranoia and fear have begun running rampant throughout the city and tensions between people have been high.
Note : Depending on how satisfied the Marquis is, the quest taker may be rewarded handsomely by the Marquis.
For research purposes, what kind of thoughts did people have about this quest and what the strange noises might be?

fyrre

:blob_hide: What type of story were you going for in Brinehill? Genre-wise?

Because otherwise you might end up with Jabba the Hutt....
Don't really know genre-wise but I do know I want Brinehill to be the focus of things that have to do with nobility. So maybe political fiction but not really political fiction? If that makes sense.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Yeah! I agree!

Although to me it's the same thing as saying the Skyrim Dragon (2 legged) is a different species from the European Green Dragon (4 legged), just as it's a different species from Toothless in the How To Train Your Dragon (somewhat flat faced).

There's no reason to suggest that any of these dragon species are biologically compatible. They are all likely to be different species.
On a random side note, I hate Skyrim Dragons with passion.

Like, if there is one thing that both Western Dragons and Eastern Dragons have in common, is that they're both imposing and demand respect just by looking at them.

... But 2-legged dragons just... Crawl on the ground, yanno? They're basically a snake at that point... I kinda lose all the respect when I look at someone crawling towards me when compared to someone that is walking towards me with its head 10m above me, looking down at the small ant that I am...

Like, seriously, what is more imposing to you? This:
aaaa.jpg

Or this?
aaaaa.jpg

For research purposes, what kind of thoughts did people have about this quest and what the strange noises might be?
Obviously they're cicadas~

The ones that went there and never returned are just eating a lot, so they got too lazy to return because there is a lot of easily accessible food there~

luxia

I'm interested to know what people think of this quest too!
To be perfectly honest, the first thing that popped into my head (not thinking very hard here) was zombie apocalypse.... :blobrofl:

Um, thinking more carefully though, the chanting sounds interesting. Cultists. Witches. Burn them!! :blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor: Secret society.The entire island is involved in a werewolf game and everyone is sus. Demons are getting summoned in basements. Evil contracts involving human sacrifice. Blahblah. I could probably keep typing. One of the nobles created a cult and everyone worships them. There's an evil parasite that is invading people's brains. Experimentation on the poor for a fancy new potion............

fyrre

To be perfectly honest, the first thing that popped into my head (not thinking very hard here) was zombie apocalypse.... :blobrofl:

Um, thinking more carefully though, the chanting sounds interesting. Cultists. Witches. Burn them!! :blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor: Secret society.The entire island is involved in a werewolf game and everyone is sus. Demons are getting summoned in basements. Evil contracts involving human sacrifice. Blahblah. I could probably keep typing. One of the nobles created a cult and everyone worships them. There's an evil parasite that is invading people's brains. Experimentation on the poor for a fancy new potion............
A noble starting a cult would be something interesting and so would the experimentation on the poor for a potion. So many plotlines that could make for an interesting arc!!! :sweating_profusely:

luxia

Don't really know genre-wise but I do know I want Brinehill to be the focus of things that have to do with nobility. So maybe political fiction but not really political fiction? If that makes sense.
:blob_hide: :blob_hide: :blob_hide: There are many ways to do politics/nobility! Do you have some novels on NU that do politics in the way that you like?

I mean there's several different genres! Like there's Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter route that is basically kingdom building, there are arranged marriages or prince/princess stories (Shiryukihime~), Bakarina, political/war like Captive Prince or Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang, Chang Ge Xing, the apothecary diaries..........

fyrre

:blob_hide: :blob_hide: :blob_hide: There are many ways to do politics/nobility! Do you have some novels on NU that do politics in the way that you like?

I mean there's several different genres! Like there's Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter route that is basically kingdom building, there are arranged marriages or prince/princess stories (Shiryukihime~), Bakarina, political/war like Captive Prince or Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang, Chang Ge Xing, the apothecary diaries..........
Maybe Trash Of The Count's House? I haven't been reading a lot of novels lately besides those of ASGA.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper

luxia

Maybe Trash Of The Count's House? I haven't been reading a lot of novels lately besides those of ASGA.
:blob_aww: So many chapters! I might check it out.

...I'm not reading anything right now either. That said, it's interesting to know what genre's people like! It makes it easier to write in ways that support the direction that people want to take their stories.

I personally really love the Wandering Inn, but I like a lot of genres...

fyrre

:blob_aww: So many chapters! I might check it out.

...I'm not reading anything right now either. That said, it's interesting to know what genre's people like! It makes it easier to write in ways that support the direction that people want to take their stories.

I personally really love the Wandering Inn, but I like a lot of genres...
The Wandering Inn! I tried to read it but it got boring.

luxia

The Wandering Inn! I tried to read it but it got boring.
Aww xD I think one of my good friends said that about the Wandering Inn too... or maybe something about how the characters frustrated her. x_x

That said, I wish I was good enough (and consistent enough) of a writer to make a big universe like that. I think my favorite thing about that serial is that it's such a colorful and in-depth universe, I'm just jealous that there's a way to weave a story that big.