Did you believe in Santa as a kid

Did you believe in Santa as a kid?

• Total voters

Jet

Thai child traffickers...an adventure that shall cost one their thingie is what it sounds like.

But making Santa a villainous figure is original for sure.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
That sounds more like an adventure!
the notion of having my limbs cut and my rotting corpse sodomized and soon devoured by dogs in a nasty alleyway wasn't exactly prime adventurous material to 9 y/o me tbh

D

Deleted member 45782

Cool story bro. Eh. It was nice fairytale.

But I always knew its parents/relatives that gave presents. Its not really that hard to connect the dots (even as kids) when they ask what you want for Christmas and vice versa. For me, its still childhood with or without the story of Santa. Because its mostly about celebrating with family and gifting gifts for each other, and just mainly overall a chill day to relax and have fun and enjoy with others. You may not get what you exactly want, but hey its effort and maybe something nice which is still awesome and a treat. Maybe I didn't know much on what to specifically ask/want for, but never throw a fit just bc didn't get exactly what I wanted. Its still nice thing to get a good gift, be it what you want or something really useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
If Santa were real, capitalists would have started offering tours of his toy factory, and the reindeer would be in a petting zoo.
I like the Idea of Robin Hood better.
Santa is obviously a communist. He defends his territory with elf-made tanks and flying reindeer bone air-mechs. The Western world is too ashamed of their many humiliating defeats to publicize his existence. Instead, they spread the misinformation that he doesn't exist, but the children know the truth.

EchoingRuby

I knew full well that Santa wasn't real, but I never told my parents that because I was afraid I wouldn't get gifts if they knew I knew.

D

Deleted member 45782

Santa to me is like the toothfairy when I see my mom put a quarter under the pillow for a lost tooth. Story is just a cover up and you know its not true anyways, its just a story; the real ones are the parents/loved ones gifting kids bc out of love and to make them happy.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
If Santa were real, capitalists would have started offering tours of his toy factory, and the reindeer would be in a petting zoo.
I like the Idea of Robin Hood better.
Robin hood will always be a Chad mother fucker. I would let him fuck my sister.

Hell, I'd let him fuck me.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
*cough* America *cough*
Sounds bout right.
Uh, when you are 5yo or someth, and parents along with other adults explain that Santa thing, it's kinda hard not to believe, no? Like what did you believe then? All we learn comes from parents at the start.
A kindergartener with a critical outlook on life, wtf :o Schopenhauer claimed that it never happens before reaching 16years of age.
Eh, my parents were always pretty blunt. I was sexually aware by the time I was 7(also due to some not so nice reasons) and I never believed in Santa cause I just knew he wasn't real, among other things. I think part of it was because I grew up with online gaming, so I was always interacting with people much older than me but they still weren't mature enough to not destroy the hopes and dreams of a little kid(not that I ever mentioned I was a kid lol, and I've been mistaken as a 25-year-old when I was like 11 online). I don't really think most of the kids in my early elementary school days did, but if they were Santa believers at first, they definitely weren't after I had my fun with them lol
That sounds more like an adventure!
Sounds like a realistic Krampus.
Cool story bro. Eh. It was nice fairytale.

But I always knew its parents/relatives that gave presents. Its not really that hard to connect the dots (even as kids) when they ask what you want for Christmas and vice versa. For me, its still childhood with or without the story of Santa. Because its mostly about celebrating with family and gifting gifts for each other, and just mainly overall a chill day to relax and have fun and enjoy with others. You may not get what you exactly want, but hey its effort and maybe something nice which is still awesome and a treat. Maybe I didn't know much on what to specifically ask/want for, but never throw a fit just bc didn't get exactly what I wanted. Its still nice thing to get a good gift, be it what you want or something really useful.
I feel that. Although the past few years I've become a lot more indifferent towards Christmas(and most holidays in general, and just life itself). I also never really know what I ask for, but recently I've been asking for clothes, which is usually what most people(guys mostly) hate getting lol. But how else am I going to expand my HP Lovecraft shirt and hoodie collection when I only really get clothes once or twice a year aside from that.

Anyway, I understand Christmas and appreciate it as it is and all, but nowadays it's just exhausting to me, like most things that involve me interacting with literally anyone.

D

Deleted member 45782

I feel that. Although the past few years I've become a lot more indifferent towards Christmas(and most holidays in general, and just life itself). I also never really know what I ask for, but recently I've been asking for clothes, which is usually what most people(guys mostly) hate getting lol. But how else am I going to expand my HP Lovecraft shirt and hoodie collection when I only really get clothes once or twice a year aside from that.

Anyway, I understand Christmas and appreciate it as it is and all, but nowadays it's just exhausting to me, like most things that involve me interacting with literally anyone.
Yeah. First yr in college, had first part time job, stress, and whatnot. That was when me and few others were like, eh...we don't really know bout what we want for Xmas. When you have other stuff on your plate, suddenly just being able to relax and have the day to chill without stress of other stuff sounds good enough already. There's a few yrs back where felt like just plz let it be it decent good yr where everyone is in good health and happy and that's all what I really would ask for. So yeah when times are stressed, don't really think about asking for much. Just honest good day off relax with fam, not really thinking about what kind of special gift want to get, just happy and gratitude that got ppl I love and care about with me and they're all doing good and its a good day.

I think now better, not as stress (different) so feel more happier towards Xmas again. Fam, gifts, gifting. Mostly though, I've come to appreciate and be grateful of those holidays and celebration days, where I can see fam in good health and happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkeReises

yeah. first yr in college, had first part time job, stress, and whatnot. that was when me and few others were like, eh...we idk what to get this yr. well you have other stuff on your plate, suddenly just being able relax and chill day without stress of other stuff sounds good enough already. there are a yr or so where feel like just plz let it be it decent good yr and everyone all good health is all ask for. so yeah when times are stressed, dont ask for much.

i think now better, not as stress (different) so feel more towards xmas again. but what can give and what can get and just joy of around others.
trying to compute what the fuck you just said, but I think I got it, and I think I understand even with personal experience in that sort of thing.

D

Deleted member 45782

trying to compute what the fuck you just said, but I think I got it, and I think I understand even with personal experience in that sort of thing.
Apologies. Sometimes I just write it out first before I edit and look back to all the grammar issues I have. It happens when I don't really care how it comes out XD.

D

Deleted member 45782

I don't think I can do that even if i try :P
XD.

I do that often when
- tired
- on phone
- don't care
- let's leave it not so direct

When it comes to something serious or writing, then I will try as much to make sure I don't have a lot of run-ins and grammar mistakes.

DarkeReises

XD.

I do that often when
- tired
- on phone
- don't care
- let's leave it not so direct

When it comes to something serious or writing, then I will try as much to make sure I don't have a lot of run-ins and grammar mistakes.
Due to spending a lot of time doing online RPing, I got pretty good at not making mistakes or fixing them quickly, and it's just a habit at this point. hard to go against that lol