Looking For (free) Ghostwriter [CLOSED]

xxSaDxx

Normally, my first post would've been something different but special circumstances have come into play soo....
[EDITORS NOTE : Hi! I am the reason this post is happening! Author is currently sick and in pain so I am taking charge of this. Author is looking for free editorial services (Ikr?), if you are curious, willing to work a bit or know of someone who might wanna get back in writing gear, please continue! If not, feel free to go through the comments coz I literally do not control any of your actions. Not one bit~ Read on!]

Who?
I am xxSaDxx. I have a work-in-progress and it is dragging along since two years (E/N : courtesy a la editore).

What?
I am looking for a ghostwriter. I have plans to begin a new story, genre being comedy, drama, tragedy. So far, I have envisioned three characters. And tragedy, I guess. I think I am going for 30-35 chapters of an average of 700-1000 words per chapter. (E/N : estimated word count range = 20K~35K)

Why?
My previous one is taking the next couple steps in his writing journey which require him to focus on himself. I may or may not be wishing him well.
(E/N : I wouldn't know since I am the editor-in-question hehe~)

When?
Preferably in the Winter of 2021, may stretch past Winter of 2022, taking a liberal time frame. (conservative time frame = one year total)

How?
First preference Discord.
Second preference e-mail.
For draft purposes and writing, Google Docs.

Notes :
I am looking for proofreading, copy editing, line editing service and ghostwriting. I would prefer to handle the developments of the entire story myself.

I know, I know... this is a lot and the expectation of all of it being for free is... a lot too. But I want to see this story happen, I am entirely wiling to credit the editor as co-author (E/N : For good reason.) and discuss in-depth about the story to ensure you have plenty matter to work with.
If you would be willing to work with me on this, feel free to just hit me up with a 100 word sample of your writing and I will get back to you.

Respectfully,
Degenerate xxSaDxx

P.s. I literally have no material thing to offer besides the permanent status as co-author.
(E/N : I checked, sed)

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't know what else to say but Good luck on your search and hopefully, some good soul comes along and swoops in for your rescue.

And hopefully, they also stay longer than two weeks.

xxSaDxx

E/N : Thank you for the wishes! I'm sure he'll be glad for 'em! :)

ZesshiLavi

So you mention you are looking for a free editor, but from what I read it appear you seem to be looking for a free ghostwriter instead?
Or am I wrong?

I don't know, the way you phrase it feels like you are going to be the one that pitches in the plot, idea, and character while the ghost writer will write everything for you.

If you would be willing to work with me on this, feel free to just hit me up with a 100 word sample of your writing and I will get back to you.

xxSaDxx

So you mention you are looking for a free editor, but from what I read it appear you seem to be looking for a free ghostwriter instead?
Or am I wrong?

I don't know, the way you phrase it feels like you are going to be the one that pitches in the plot, idea, and character while the ghost writer will write everything for you.
E/N : Mhm, the author is looking exactly for that but I did not get that option. The author wants to pitch and see it happen so~
E/N : thank you for the correct wording, I fixed it rn

Last edited:

Lloyd

Professional Writer
So you're looking for a slave? LAMO. Do you even understand why people take ghostwriting jobs? It's either to capitalize on someone's else's fame, or for the money. There is no point in being a ghostwriter for an ideas guy. There is a reason people hate and laugh at ideas guys, because it's the easiest fucking thing in the world. You are just coming up with ideas that anyone could, while someone else does the actual hard work of writing it.

xxSaDxx

So you're looking for a slave? LAMO. Do you even understand why people take ghostwriting jobs? It's either to capitalize on someone's else's fame, or for the money. There is no point in being a ghostwriter for an ideas guy. There is a reason people hate and laugh at ideas guys, because it's the easiest fucking thing in the world. You are just coming up with ideas that anyone could, while someone else does the actual hard work of writing it.
E/N : I understand you and will communicate the same with the author

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Let Ai-chan get this straight:

1. You want a ghostwriter
2. You want the ghostwriter to write your story using your ideas
3. You want the ghostwriter to do everything himself, including think up comedy
4. You want the ghostwriter to do everything for free
5. At the end of the day, you get the title of 'author' while acknowledging the ghostwriter as 'co-author', despite ghostwriter doing everything?
6. You will be taking all the profit too, Ai-chan guesses?

That is extremely exploitative, even if you don't make a profit from it. Heck, even webnovel, that extremely exploitative platform, at least pay their ghostwriters.

But Ai-chan understands having only ideas and no money but wants to make it anyway.

Therefore, Ai-chan suggests the following to each of the problem above.

1. Learn to write
2. Pitch the idea, then let the writer write on his own free will
3. Assist the writer by researching stuff, providing art and providing jokes
4. Payment doesn't need to come into the equation if it's the writer's own story
5. Don't acknowledge the writer as 'co-author'. If he writes it alone, then he's the sole author. Nobody else has the right to claim to be the author other than the one who writes it, especially if the writer does not get paid
6. If you intend to make any profit at all, work out an advanced payment with the ghostwriter.

Otherwise, most people would just say,
lolhellno1.jpg

Last edited:

Reisinling

I'm totally interested. But, you see this type of relationship requires trust.
And how do you build trust? Well, how about you send me 500$ in advance, in bitcoin and then every month we will see if you deliver a proper amount of good ideas, to you know, pay for my time. And I promise I will totally, totally, return this money if your ideas are truly amazing! Like seriously!

Mr.Grey-Cat

wow, some grear proposal. hey, are there any retards left free ? we need some one to work here, I am waiting to see, please.

but seriously, I hope you good luck. but if you don't have it, just learn to write

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I am looking for proofreading, copy editing, line editing service and ghostwriting. I would prefer to handle the developments of the entire story myself.
Kind of confused about what you're actually searching for :blob_hmm: Will ghostwriter write everything or just certain parts when idea-person struggles?

Also, I'm confused who we are talking with. Who is xxSaDxx? Editor or Author/Guy-with-ideas? The latter seems to be sick and that's why unable to write/post this thread...?

Plus1

I am confused. Do we even get a sample of the author's original prose, like what they wrote for chapter one? Surely they could prepare at least that much... Or do they want us to just jump into the unknown?

iamchangingthissoon

custom title! yay
Get your friends to do it, literally, safe, free and more fun.

My best friend since elementary school is my editor because editor sama thought that with my habit of writing like a drunk person would do me no good

xxSaDxx

Let Ai-chan get this straight:

1. You want a ghostwriter
2. You want the ghostwriter to write your story using your ideas
3. You want the ghostwriter to do everything himself, including think up comedy
4. You want the ghostwriter to do everything for free
5. At the end of the day, you get the title of 'author' while acknowledging the ghostwriter as 'co-author', despite ghostwriter doing everything?
6. You will be taking all the profit too, Ai-chan guesses?

That is extremely exploitative, even if you don't make a profit from it. Heck, even webnovel, that extremely exploitative platform, at least pay their ghostwriters.

But Ai-chan understands having only ideas and no money but wants to make it anyway.

Therefore, Ai-chan suggests the following to each of the problem above.

1. Learn to write
2. Pitch the idea, then let the writer write on his own free will
3. Assist the writer by researching stuff, providing art and providing jokes
4. Payment doesn't need to come into the equation if it's the writer's own story
5. Don't acknowledge the writer as 'co-author'. If he writes it alone, then he's the sole author. Nobody else has the right to claim to be the author other than the one who writes it, especially if the writer does not get paid
6. If you intend to make any profit at all, work out an advanced payment with the ghostwriter.

Otherwise, most people would just say,
View attachment 8631
E/N : Thank you for your time and effort into communicating your points so cleanly and effectively! I'll pass this onto the author as soon as he's right as rain
I'm totally interested. But, you see this type of relationship requires trust.
And how do you build trust? Well, how about you send me 500$ in advance, in bitcoin and then every month we will see if you deliver a proper amount of good ideas, to you know, pay for my time. And I promise I will totally, totally, return this money if your ideas are truly amazing! Like seriously!
E/N : thank you for your interest, I'll pass this message onto the author :-)
wow, some grear proposal. hey, are there any retards left free ? we need some one to work here, I am waiting to see, please.

but seriously, I hope you good luck. but if you don't have it, just learn to write
E/N : Thank you for your response! I'll pass this message onto the author requiring the above services!
I am confused. Do we even get a sample of the author's original prose, like what they wrote for chapter one? Surely they could prepare at least that much... Or do they want us to just jump into the unknown?
E/N : oh right, I asked about it and it's still like, an idea, I guess? The author wishes to go into this with someone, preferably me, the previous 'editor' even though I have difficulty doing that for various reasons.
I do not think there is a draft but I will ask as soon as I can. Thank you for your response!
Get your friends to do it, literally, safe, free and more fun.

My best friend since elementary school is my editor because editor sama thought that with my habit of writing like a drunk person would do me no good
E/N : I am the friend in question! It.... May not have been as fun as I thought.
Thank you for your response! I'll pass this plausible step onto the author!
E/N : I guess I wanted to prove a point to him........
Thank you for your response, I'll pass it onto the author.
Guy's got gonads. If nothing else...he's got gonads.
E/N : thank you for your response, I'll pass the message onto the author, I'm sure he'll want to read this is person!
Editor's Note : Thank you, really, thank you to all who have taken the time to respond to this with their stance and voice on this. I heartily appreciate you all for doing so and I hope you all have a wonderful day while I take my time with passing these messages on to the author.
I hope you all understand that the author is serious about this in his own way, as am I, about taking some steps forward (and backward) in the writing journey.
In any case, I am glad to have you all take a moment to check this out, I'll pass all of these well-crafted and put-together responses to such a request onto the author!

Have a lovely day!

P.s. I may not respond to any further responses. But I still appreciate them!

Last edited: