Titles

YukiTheGhost

I have a decent plot, but I can’t come up with any titles for it. Does anyone have any tips for coming up with titles? Or would be willing to think me up a title (I can of course tell you the plot if so). Thank you for your time!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I have a decent plot, but I can’t come up with any titles for it. Does anyone have any tips for coming up with titles? Or would be willing to think me up a title (I can of course tell you the plot if so). Thank you for your time!
Lemme know the plot and I can help you think of one maybe

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
A title is supposed to grab a readers attention, so put something unique to your story in it.
I think most people click on mine thinking I mispelled a word lmao

YukiTheGhost

Lemme know the plot and I can help you think of one maybe
It’s about our MC (Satomi Kato) who believes in the rumor going around at school about the gods descending upon earth to kill vampires. You can tell if someone’s a vampire by a scar on their neck. MC is in class when a transfer student is introduced as Kanata Kimura. He supposedly transferred from China. The next day, a transfer student named Miko Aragaki is introduced. Teacher tells her to sit by Kanata. Turns out this girl is the child of the gods and Kanata was one of the first vampires and he’s like 245457755889421246654687454 years old (Yes I banged my head against my keyboard when I typed that.) but he takes a middle school kid form.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
It’s about our MC (Satomi Kato) who believes in the rumor going around at school about the gods descending upon earth to kill vampires. You can tell if someone’s a vampire by a scar on their neck. MC is in class when a transfer student is introduced as Kanata Kimura. He supposedly transferred from China. The next day, a transfer student named Miko Aragaki is introduced. Teacher tells her to sit by Kanata. Turns out this girl is the child of the gods and Kanata was one of the first vampires and he’s like 245457755889421246654687454 years old (Yes I banged my head against my keyboard when I typed that.) but he takes a middle school kid form.
Maybe, "My Classmates Want To Kill Each Other" since he believes the rumor? It's a somewhat vague summary so that's the best I got right now. But it's short and simple, and cuts to the point.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Yo and I thought 9 trillion years old was too much... I dunno with you but going the LN route and adding 245457755889421246654687454 years old in the title will definitely earn you a lot of curious clicks(You'd get my attention with that.)
Ex:
The new transfer student is a 245457755889421246654687454 years old vampire!

Aoi_Sora

"Just because we got Vampires in this Story, doesn't mean this is a Twilight Ripoff!"

Or something a Japanese would title their stories nowadays.

SailusGebel

What is the theme of the novel? I'm not talking about genres and tags. What do you want to tell? How the story will progress? Is there some kind of a killer feature that makes your novel unique? Pick a single thing that is crucial to the story and work around it. For example. If the mc is a simple bystander, you can name it something like this: "I watch as gods slay vampires." Or something like this. So far, this piece of the plot has no beginning and no end. There is no purpose, no nothing. He believes in the rumor, so what? How this will develop? In what direction? "I was forced(asked) by a god to slay vampires." The title is self-explanatory, and you understand how it will develop. Or, for example, "My daily life as a vampire and god's friend." I don't know. There is so much this piece of plot you made can go. Is it a light-hearted novel? Or something dark? It's about fighting? Or maybe daily life? Boys love? Gender Bender? Harem? Isekai? Martial Arts? Comedy?

ziplen4

the titles are so hard to do. It basically summarizes the entire story in 1 sentence. My advice is just don't make the title long as a light novel. when I saw those I immediately yeet.

ConTroll

Eternal Wood
Do people still use their synopsis as the title of their books? You could do that I guess...

[Record of the Scarlet War] is one off the top of my head, seeing that your MC is an observer and potentially gets involved with a secret war involving blood and scars (hence 'scarlet'). That title might be too edgy though...but edgy is good, sometimes.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Just title it as "245,457,755,889,421,246,654,687,454". Nothing else is more click-baity than that.

Though it would be extremely hard to justify him being a vampire of that age since he would've predated any gods. Instead it would be more likely that he's not the first vampire, but the first god, considering that there was nothing for him to prey on when he appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the void.

In comparison, the universe, not just planet Earth is estimated to be only 13,770,000,000 years old.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I tend to have a name pop into my head immediately and have a hard time coming up with better ones. For instance a story I have written a bit of but not started releasing yet called "Won't you be my King?" Where that question is basically a misunderstanding about the romantic lead's gender. Woops. Of course part of that was the fact that it developed into a Yuri situation after the basic idea started forming.

Reisinling

Do people still use their synopsis as the title of their books? You could do that I guess...

[Record of the Scarlet War] is one off the top of my head, seeing that your MC is an observer and potentially gets involved with a secret war involving blood and scars (hence 'scarlet'). That title might be too edgy though...but edgy is good, sometimes.
I tried something close to that, not sure if it works. I guess it is targeting very specific demographic

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Start writing and don't publish your first chapter until you figure out a title. It will probably come to you in the shower or while trying to fall asleep.