I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
Beautiful writing style; it's like I'm reading a classic. But yeah, as you guessed, it's too niche. People like to be told directly nowadays though there are some who will enjoy this kind of writing. The premise suffers the same issue, and the chapters are too short which can deter potential readers.

Overall, less than 100 readers by chapter 30. Could be more if you add the word 'Necromancer' somewhere in the title since it's quite popular among readers, but that's up to you.
A little disheartening to hear I'm doomed, but at least people seem to think the writing is pretty :)

bulmabriefs144

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want) and/or getting into trending. However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that. Lastly, I only give predictions up to 30 chapters.

Hahahaha, I already know. It won't. But here you go.

The story is actually two stories, an actual story and an ostensible one. The ostensible story is that a beggar girl named Ambrosia gets sent on quest from God with a crossdressing ex-prince named Nevras, a half-elf named Aqorm, a scholar/priest named Elias, a druid named Zoe (originally Anideshi but there were too many A names), an exorcist named Azrael, an angel named Michael, and a demon named Lilith to stop a wizard named Yazim Jianne from unleashing a demon and destroying the New Earth. This is a trilogy, the first two books deal with this part, the third involves a second quest where her daughter joins to fight an overzealous angel.

The actual story, however, is that
Ambrosia actually is an amnesiac version of God, the world's history is intentionally false or contradictory, since nothing really exists, and the entire story is Ambrosia trying to prevent boredom and keep herself from getting lonely (including giving herself a quest). She eventually has to create the world properly so that her husband can exist.

Hathnuz

Hahahaha, I already know. It won't. But here you go.

The story is actually two stories, an actual story and an ostensible one. The ostensible story is that a beggar girl named Ambrosia gets sent on quest from God with a crossdressing ex-prince named Nevras, a half-elf named Aqorm, a scholar/priest named Elias, a druid named Zoe (originally Anideshi but there were too many A names), an exorcist named Azrael, an angel named Michael, and a demon named Lilith to stop a wizard named Yazim Jianne from unleashing a demon and destroying the New Earth. This is a trilogy, the first two books deal with this part, the third involves a second quest where her daughter joins to fight an overzealous angel.

The actual story, however, is that
Ambrosia actually is an amnesiac version of God, the world's history is intentionally false or contradictory, since nothing really exists, and the entire story is Ambrosia trying to prevent boredom and keep herself from getting lonely (including giving herself a quest). She eventually has to create the world properly so that her husband can exist.

Actually, God protagonist is among the tags that will attract many readers and a bit underrated (I've only seen a handful of stories that contain that element and they're all successful). I understand you're going for a bait-and-switch of typical high fantasy novels, but I personally think it'd be better to spoil the second premise right from the beginning because that's the interesting part. Unfortunately, your title and synopsis aren't eye-catching and unclear.

Your story already have more than 30 chapters, so I won't predict yours. The first premise is generic -- though, I know it's intentional but it's detrimental to your readers growth -- while the second premise has potential.

HelenBold

I am new on SH so I would like some predictions :s_smile: My story is a Sci-Fi comedy with an alien shapeshifter as the MC. It will mainly revolve around nerd jokes, funny situations, and the uncommon weapon he uses (a spoon named Carmen, in a universe where eating is obsolete and no one knows what a spoon is). Posing as a human, he gets in various tough situations. Later on, I plan for it to become a space opera with a focus on space exploration.

The Space Spoon

Reyezwriting

Hello, good sir-- I mean, Oracle!
I would like a prediction please:

While the Santa María spaceship travels the galaxy in search of a new home for humanity, all passengers are required to enter cryo-sleep and log into The Novus, a Virtual Reality MMORPG designed to teach the young the importance of maintaining a civilized society.

After reaching Level 5, seventeen-year-old Alan and Astrid had decided to run an adventurer’s guild, promising each other to turn it into the best of them all. But an emergency has kicked Alan out of the system.

What will he find once he returns?

2 years have passed. Astrid has become one of the strongest warriors, and he's now the weakest being in the world.

* You can check the tags here
** And the first chapter here

Thanks you.

Hathnuz

I am new on SH so I would like some predictions :s_smile: My story is a Sci-Fi comedy with an alien shapeshifter as the MC. It will mainly revolve around nerd jokes, funny situations, and the uncommon weapon he uses (a spoon named Carmen, in a universe where eating is obsolete and no one knows what a spoon is). Posing as a human, he gets in various tough situations. Later on, I plan for it to become a space opera with a focus on space exploration.

The Space Spoon
While novels with non-living object mc are mostly popular, they tend to have certain components that will help them to become successful. Your story don't have those, and that's bad for readership. Unique premise, though. Overall less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
Hello, good sir-- I mean, Oracle!
I would like a prediction please:

While the Santa María spaceship travels the galaxy in search of a new home for humanity, all passengers are required to enter cryo-sleep and log into The Novus, a Virtual Reality MMORPG designed to teach the young the importance of maintaining a civilized society.

After reaching Level 5, seventeen-year-old Alan and Astrid had decided to run an adventurer’s guild, promising each other to turn it into the best of them all. But an emergency has kicked Alan out of the system.

What will he find once he returns?

2 years have passed. Astrid has become one of the strongest warriors, and he's now the weakest being in the world.

* You can check the tags here
** And the first chapter here

Thanks you.
Good and quite unique (but familiar) premise with a blend of space sci-fi and vrmmo. The latter genre will bring you decent amount of readers as you can see already. The title and synopsis are clear. Everything else is also fine. Overall, you'll get 150-300 readers by chapter 30.

HelenBold

Lol, the spoon is not the MC. That assures me that you haven't read even the first chapter or the synopsis. Anyhow, thanks, and good luck with other predictions :)

Saint01

IMG_0204 (1).jpg

TECHNOCYTE: BEYOND HUMAN

Synopsis:
Set within the fictional, cyberpunk like city of Shiko, California. When detectives Beatrice Moreau and Jay Lee Jones come across an amnesiac man. They are thrown into a world of betrayal, brutality, suffering and suspense as they walk the dangerous road to uncovering the truth behind this mans elusive and tragic past.

Type of Novel: Web Novel

Genre(s): Action, Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk, Mystery, Psychological, Horror, Thriller.

Technocyte: Beyond Human | Tapas

My Stories - Wattpad

Technocyte: Beyond Human | Scribble Hub

bulmabriefs144

Actually, God protagonist is among the tags that will attract many readers and a bit underrated (I've only seen a handful of stories that contain that element and they're all successful). I understand you're going for a bait-and-switch of typical high fantasy novels, but I personally think it'd be better to spoil the second premise right from the beginning because that's the interesting part. Unfortunately, your title and synopsis aren't eye-catching and unclear.

Your story already have more than 30 chapters, so I won't predict yours. The first premise is generic -- though, I know it's intentional but it's detrimental to your readers growth -- while the second premise has potential.
Maybe, except God Protagonist is a major spoiler (basically Book 2 ending), and as such, I cannot tag it.

Since the first premise is so generic, it goes into the dustbin of "seen it before" and the story gets ditched before it gets to this point. 🤷‍♀️

I've got another one called Tales from the Reaper, which is basically a slice of life anthology surrounding a group of creatures called Reapers. The Reapers are sorta backstage crew for reality, not gods so much as psychopomps. For example, if a plant needs to grow, a Reaper (or its assistants, the Pales) might whack it with their scythe. So far, I've made the prologue (basically setting up the worldbuilding), first chapter (three of the Reapers try to help a sick girl), and the second (want a different idea if possible; it's basically some guy gets hit by a truck and wants to be in an isekai, the Reaper tells him why he sucks). Midway through the third (which is about new souls becoming monsters, for a mystery/horror angle).

Last edited:

TheWitchOfTheRock

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want) and/or getting into trending. However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that. Lastly, I only give predictions up to 30 chapters.
BLURB: They were created as the tools of a galactic overlord, but one synth, an anxiety ridden overachiever who took the name TO, is beginning to discover love and friendship among their kind - Something which could get them killed, or worse!

Back Jacket: To be a synth is the greatest privilege an individual could be born into. What greater purpose or grander sense of fulfillment could one hope for than to be a tool of King Decon, the ruler of the Galaxy?

09T07 doesn’t know what more they want, but they know they’re missing something. Friendship? Intimacy? This seems to be the answer when they find others who are also not as King Decon intended them to be. However, how long can such things last among tools to be used and discarded? And how far are they willing to go to protect their loved ones in the face of duty?

Tags: Academy, Aliens, Androgynous Characters, Dystopia, Genderless Protagonist, Military, Non-human Protagonist, Outer Space, Slow Romance

Last edited:

Vivian-M.K.

I don't put much stock into predictions like this at all. That, and it's not like we're unaware that our story is more niche, but this will be a fun little thing to wrap up the night with.

"Kendall is a young teen who struggles to cope with her past of sexual abuse by beating down Robbie, her classmate, in any way she can. As the years go on, her bullying grows more vicious, and it began to emotionally breakdown Robbie with no signs of her stopping.

In a last ditch effort to get Kendall to stop bullying, one of her teachers, Mr.Roland, steps in to talk her into waking up her anima, a mental manifestation of a persons inner self. These anima hold far more control over the mind than Kendall expects, which will spark a chain of events and could send Kendall and Robbie to their lowest points, but at times it takes hitting rock bottom before healing can begin, and Mr. Roland knows this.

Even in Chains is a story first and foremost about the recovery and management of various forms of trauma. This means it will dive into content that some may find uncomfortable. Ranging from heavy bullying, alcoholism, The loss of loved ones, sexual abuse and suicide. With that said, this story is not a tragedy. It is about various people learning to deal with their respective problems. We hope you enjoy our story."

Tags:
Tags.png

Last edited:

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Well, let's try this out I guess.
In a world of mystical powers and equally mystical dangers, there existed a man who united all cultivators under one empire. He was known as the Great Conqueror, for he held the flag that once conquered the entire world.

A man who stood at the absolute peak of his world.

His name? Dai Gengrui.

Thousands of years later, his empire stands surrounded by its adversaries, about to be forever wiped away from the face of the planet, unable to stand the test of time. But he did not care, for he already had conquered the world. All he did was turn his eyes skyward, regretful of being unable to conquer the heavens.

He was betrayed and killed by his own daughter, accepting his fate, he awaited whatever happened to him on the other side. Yet, whether it was fate , a joke played by a higher entity or simply an accident, he was reincarnated with all his memories, and most of his power.

In a mysterious world of unknown magic, a powerful being was reborn.

Aimlessly, he searched for why he was brought to his world, what purpose was it to bring him here with all his powers. And why, despite all his comprehension of the dao, can he not understand the ridiculous nature of this world?

For the first time in tens thousand years, Dai Gengrui stood without a sense of purpose, without a will to conquer. That was until a voice called out to him.

"Hey yo, wanna join the Secret Society of Reincarnated Souls?"

He was intrigued.
TL;DR: Isekai-Mystery with reincarnated Xianxia 'final'(not really) boss. MC is OP to the point they can't get serious without the world blowing up on them, so they kinda stick to in-world powers instead.

Screenshot (3).png

First ch
Honestly, I'm curious on how much potential readers the current title and synopsis would attract, kinda deciding on changing it.

Last edited:

desaira

Untitled.png

It won't hurt to predict my story If you have the time. Check this one out. Thank you for your hard work.

Hathnuz

View attachment 8821

TECHNOCYTE: BEYOND HUMAN

Synopsis:
Set within the fictional, cyberpunk like city of Shiko, California. When detectives Beatrice Moreau and Jay Lee Jones come across an amnesiac man. They are thrown into a world of betrayal, brutality, suffering and suspense as they walk the dangerous road to uncovering the truth behind this mans elusive and tragic past.

Type of Novel: Web Novel

Genre(s): Action, Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk, Mystery, Psychological, Horror, Thriller.

Technocyte: Beyond Human | Tapas

My Stories - Wattpad

Technocyte: Beyond Human | Scribble Hub
Mystery and crime-solving stories aren't popular at all here. The premise isn't interesting and nothing new. The chapter is hard to read with a lots of sentence in one paragraph.

Less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
Maybe, except God Protagonist is a major spoiler (basically Book 2 ending), and as such, I cannot tag it.

Since the first premise is so generic, it goes into the dustbin of "seen it before" and the story gets ditched before it gets to this point. 🤷‍♀️

I've got another one called Tales from the Reaper, which is basically a slice of life anthology surrounding a group of creatures called Reapers. The Reapers are sorta backstage crew for reality, not gods so much as psychopomps. For example, if a plant needs to grow, a Reaper (or its assistants, the Pales) might whack it with their scythe. So far, I've made the prologue (basically setting up the worldbuilding), first chapter (three of the Reapers try to help a sick girl), and the second (want a different idea if possible; it's basically some guy gets hit by a truck and wants to be in an isekai, the Reaper tells him why he sucks). Midway through the third (which is about new souls becoming monsters, for a mystery/horror angle).
Slice of Life stories can actually work, but to be successful, they have to be funny or cute/light-hearted or both. While the premise is unique, it will be hard to get readers if it doesn't have any of those. Also, anthologies aren't really a thing in this site, so I'm pessimistic about this one. I've seen them gain traction, though but not by much.

Overall, less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
BLURB: They were created as the tools of a galactic overlord, but one synth, an anxiety ridden overachiever who took the name TO, is beginning to discover love and friendship among their kind - Something which could get them killed, or worse!

Back Jacket: To be a synth is the greatest privilege an individual could be born into. What greater purpose or grander sense of fulfillment could one hope for than to be a tool of King Decon, the ruler of the Galaxy?

09T07 doesn’t know what more they want, but they know they’re missing something. Friendship? Intimacy? This seems to be the answer when they find others who are also not as King Decon intended them to be. However, how long can such things last among tools to be used and discarded? And how far are they willing to go to protect their loved ones in the face of duty?

Tags: Academy, Aliens, Androgynous Characters, Dystopia, Genderless Protagonist, Military, Non-human Protagonist, Outer Space, Slow Romance

Seeing the word 'synth' reminds me of this video lol -

Anyway, not only it's a very niche premise, it's also kind of cliched, but interesting, nonetheless. The title isn't very eye-catching. I personally enjoyed reading your story; it reminds me of the stories that I grew up with.

You already have more than 30 chapters, so I won't predict yours.
I don't put much stock into predictions like this at all. That, and it's not like we're unaware that our story is more niche, but this will be a fun little thing to wrap up the night with.

"Kendall is a young teen who struggles to cope with her past of sexual abuse by beating down Robbie, her classmate, in any way she can. As the years go on, her bullying grows more vicious, and it began to emotionally breakdown Robbie with no signs of her stopping.

In a last ditch effort to get Kendall to stop bullying, one of her teachers, Mr.Roland, steps in to talk her into waking up her anima, a mental manifestation of a persons inner self. These anima hold far more control over the mind than Kendall expects, which will spark a chain of events and could send Kendall and Robbie to their lowest points, but at times it takes hitting rock bottom before healing can begin, and Mr. Roland knows this.

Even in Chains is a story first and foremost about the recovery and management of various forms of trauma. This means it will dive into content that some may find uncomfortable. Ranging from heavy bullying, alcoholism, The loss of loved ones, sexual abuse and suicide. With that said, this story is not a tragedy. It is about various people learning to deal with their respective problems. We hope you enjoy our story."

Tags:
View attachment 8836
Well, heavy stories like yours will have a hard time to get readers since most users here want to escape reality, not becoming more stressed. Maybe some can relate with it, though, or it could be enjoyable as long as the story is cathartic in the end like Carrie. But yeah, it's too niche for this site.

I guess you already know the prediction outcome, but I'll tell you regardless. Overall, less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
Well, let's try this out I guess.
In a world of mystical powers and equally mystical dangers, there existed a man who united all cultivators under one empire. He was known as the Great Conqueror, for he held the flag that once conquered the entire world.

A man who stood at the absolute peak of his world.

His name? Dai Gengrui.

Thousands of years later, his empire stands surrounded by its adversaries, about to be forever wiped away from the face of the planet, unable to stand the test of time. But he did not care, for he already had conquered the world. All he did was turn his eyes skyward, regretful of being unable to conquer the heavens.

He was betrayed and killed by his own daughter, accepting his fate, he awaited whatever happened to him on the other side. Yet, whether it was fate , a joke played by a higher entity or simply an accident, he was reincarnated with all his memories, and most of his power.

In a mysterious world of unknown magic, a powerful being was reborn.

Aimlessly, he searched for why he was brought to his world, what purpose was it to bring him here with all his powers. And why, despite all his comprehension of the dao, can he not understand the ridiculous nature of this world?

For the first time in tens thousand years, Dai Gengrui stood without a sense of purpose, without a will to conquer. That was until a voice called out to him.

"Hey yo, wanna join the Secret Society of Reincarnated Souls?"

He was intrigued.
TL;DR: Isekai-Mystery with reincarnated Xianxia 'final'(not really) boss. MC is OP to the point they can't get serious without the world blowing up on them, so they kinda stick to in-world powers instead.

View attachment 8838
First ch
Honestly, I'm curious on how much potential readers the current title and synopsis would attract, kinda deciding on changing it.
Although it might seem to be a bit generic at first glance, there's a potential in this story. However, it's one of the kinds that needs a lot of chapters to become popular, especially when the story doesn't have Girls Love, Gender Bender, or Litrpg. The twist isn't too bad but not enough. The title is alright, but the synopsis could be improved. I suggest you go to this thread. They tell enough information but not eye-catching, you know what I mean?

Overall, less than 150 readers by chapter 30.
View attachment 8975

It won't hurt to predict my story If you have the time. Check this one out. Thank you for your hard work.
Fanfics are popular on this site. I also haven't seen HxH fanfics yet, so that's a plus. The story itself holds a lot of potential since the protag isn't just a simple self-insert, but it might backfire if he's too unrelatable. The challenges for you probably are grammar, sticking to the premise, and make the casts same as the original as much as possible.

Overall, 50-150 readers by chapter 30.

Vivian-M.K.

Well, heavy stories like yours will have a hard time to get readers since most users here want to escape reality, not becoming more stressed. Maybe some can relate with it, though, or it could be enjoyable as long as the story is cathartic in the end like Carrie. But yeah, it's too niche for this site.

I guess you already know the prediction outcome, but I'll tell you regardless. Overall, less than 100 readers by chapter 30.
We appreciate this! Thank you. We will also accept this challenge. We will gain more than 100 follows by chapter 30!

Thank you for making a clear line to cross. Self imposed challenges are good and all, but having them be set by others is much more rewarding.

At the same time, we won't be upset if we don't make it.

We hope you have a lovely day!

Xeoz

Chapter 1

It Seems Like I Got Transmigrated Into An Eroge

Synopsis
I have a brother who's a bonafide Otaku. One time, he introduced me to this game called 'Spirit Infinite'. An Eroge bishoujo game is particularly popular among young lads. Its popularity stems from 15 beautiful heroines.
The game's story revolves around the protagonist named Shin Morino, an idealist of justice and peace. On top of that, a cheat protagonist whose main goal is to stop the world's destruction, but while at it, conquer girls along the way.
Then I, Fukushima Aki, a young adult who died at the age of 19 from a terminal illness. Living in the hospital, nearly my entire teenage life, shackled unto my bed, but that all changed when I died. I was granted a second chance to live a new life. However, that second chance was to live in the world of Spirit Infinite, the same game that my brother introduced to me.
What's more, I'm not even the protagonist but a nobody... With a handsome face? Who am I?
Nonetheless, with this second chance, I will live my life to the fullest!

Genre
ActionAdultComedyEcchiFantasyHaremIsekaiRomanceSchool Life
Tags
Academy BDSM Beastkin Demons Dragons Elves First-time Intercourse Handsome Male Lead Love Interest Falls in Love First Magic Magic Beasts Male Protagonist Monster Girls Mythical Beasts Netori Nudity Obsessive Love Polygamy R-18 Reincarnated into Another World Succubus Sword And Magic Transmigration Transported into a Game World Yandere

AuthorAlexHill

I've been working on a new little something called Heaven and Earth (A reference to the Heaven and Earth Society which was the precursor to the Chinese Triads). It's a Wuxia historical dark fantasy action series with psychological and horror elements set vaguely in 1800's Qing China and follows a Shaolin monk that's been trained to fight and kill demons and fallen gods. The protagonist is the only survivor of a massacre caused by his master as part of a sacrifice so he could take the shortcut to becoming a Taoist immortal. the protagonist manages to escape, but he's followed by a sort of metaphysical mark on his soul that makes demons more powerful when near him. The story follows him as he tries to figure out what to do with his life as revenge seems increasingly distant, though he still has yet to let go of a lot of hatred.

I plan on having the story explore dark themes like healing through trauma, holes in Chinese cultural values like face, ethnic divisions in east and central Asia, imperialism, etc. But I also wanna just show off cool shit from Chinese philosophy and religion. Currently I only have one chapter out, but I have a backlog I'm working on.

First chapter: Heaven and Earth

SinOfPride

Synopsis:
He was born in a dark world - a world where souls were traded like coins, and a person’s life wouldn’t amount to much. A demon who'd been born on the battlefield and survived decades there. A demon who began from the bottom of the hierarchy and gradually ascended to the top.

His name was Leraje. Leraje eventually met his death in the hands of the Demon Lords after years of living and battling on the battlefield. At that time, he believed it was the end. But the world had other plans for him. Within the darkness full of despair, the demon finally awakens, only to discover he was reborn as a human!

Waking up to be faced with a string of mysteries, Leraje finds himself reborn as Seth Darkmore, where he sees a world filled with magic, artifacts, guilds, empires, and otherworldly planes. Follow Seth as he explores the hidden organizations, lost realms, sweeping across worlds, vying to become a supreme existence!

Chapter 1: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/262641-lord-of-the-magus-world/chapter/277807/

Hi, i know am past 30 chapters but I would really like a prediction. please? you can just say whether it will become popular or not. Don't hold back!