Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Couldn't you have just posted it all in the freestyle rp thread, then?
'-'

X
Ah, I posted on Scribble out of my own sense of courtesy. At least to me, despite being a thoroughly shy writer, when I saw most people posting their stories on the main site, I was forced by my own principles to oblige to the format~

I don't think everyone should post on the main site, but for the time being I'll keep posting there while using strategies to mess with the recommendation metrics and keep my (novel's) head down~

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Ah, I posted on Scribble out of my own sense of courtesy. At least to me, despite being a thoroughly shy writer, when I saw most people posting their stories on the main site, I was forced by my own principles to oblige to the format~

I don't think everyone should post on the main site, but for the time being I'll keep posting there while using strategies to mess with the recommendation metrics and keep my (novel's) head down~
*hasn't posted her stuff to the main site*
'-'
*is a black sheep*
>w<

X

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Given the usual tag preferences, I could wager maybe Kamui or Ohko would hit trending, but otherwise the tags/metrics game isn't on our side for trending~
You'd have a good chance for as long as you write fantasy and you update a few times per week I'd say~

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Because I'm a writer with poor skills that which is why I like to keep things I write to a limited circle~

Reason why I picked up RPing rather than story writing~
I think you undersell yourself! :blob_hmph: I think your story/writing is well suited for the main site, and in fact I actually think your story is better even suited for the main site than for RP. You have a very strong and isolated cast of NPC characters engaging in complex political plots, which can be difficult to work with in an RP setting, and they can shine much more easily in a proper story format!

*hasn't posted her stuff to the main site*
'-'
*is a black sheep*
>w<

X
Nahrenne is also one of those where I feel like her writing would also be really nice to have in story format...

Like Vivi-kun, Renne often has a very complex and vivid cast of NPC characters. In AGv3, I had trouble following all of them over time, and I think it would have been nice to be able to read Lianna's story if it was packaged together. I know that Renne is shy about the NSFW things, but I do think it's an interesting story and people would enjoy reading it.

It's actually really difficult to get other people to read old RP logs, which is a shame because Nahrenne write so much!

I would love to see Renne's rp's digested and presented in the format of a story.

Way

I mean at least you are writing properly- I get caught up in tangents and only publish chapters of entirely unrelated bullshit xD

The_Everdistant_Utopia

I think you undersell yourself! :blob_hmph: I think your story/writing is well suited for the main site, and in fact I actually think your story is better even suited for the main site than for RP. You have a very strong and isolated cast of NPC characters engaging in complex political plots, which can be difficult to work with in an RP setting, and they can shine much more easily in a proper story format!
:blob_sweat:

I still think my story is a bit too much exposition to qualify for the main site, to be honest... I throw a bunch of useless trivia whenever I get the chance, which I don't think many readers are into IMO. Plus I still need to work on properly setting plot threads since I can't do foreshadowing properly yet...
I mean at least you are writing properly- I get caught up in tangents and only publish chapters of entirely unrelated bullshit xD
I like your stories, though.

They have the energy of an old man's rambling.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
:blob_sweat:

I still think my story is a bit too much exposition to qualify for the main site, to be honest... I throw a bunch of useless trivia whenever I get the chance, which I don't think many readers are into IMO. Plus I still need to work on properly setting plot threads since I can't do foreshadowing properly yet...

I like your stories, though.

They have the energy of an old man's rambling.
Lots of exposition is a legitimate style of writing!!!

In fact it's even stranger to have "lots of exposition" for an RP.

I think being wordy is a common feature of aspiring novelists that I see... and in many ways I think your story fits much more in that category than the type of person who normally only RPs and randomly decided to try writing a novel. ScribbleHub also isn't the best benchmark for most aspiring novelists either, since ScribbleHub is a web serial site (populated by weebs who like short wish fulfillment chapters), which is a very specific type of novel compared to the zillions of aspiring writers out there.

But yeah, your story reads like a legitimate story.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You people badmouth yourselves way too much... >.>

Geez, raise your chin proudly and say, "I'm an amazing writer and you should all read my stories! And don't forget to like, favorite the chapters, and add the novel to your reading list.

"And if you like what I write, consider supporting me on patreon to get up to 10 extra chapters for only 19.99$ a month! Every donation helps and I really couldn't do this without all your support!"

The_Everdistant_Utopia

You people badmouth yourselves way too much... >.>

Geez, raise your chin proudly and say, "I'm an amazing writer and you should all read my stories! And don't forget to like, favorite the chapters, and add the novel to your reading list.

"And if you like what I write, consider supporting me on patreon to get up to 10 extra chapters for only 19.99$ a month! Every donation helps and I really couldn't do this without all your support!"
Yeah, I wish I was CupcakeNinja too.
Lots of exposition is a legitimate style of writing!!!

In fact it's even stranger to have "lots of exposition" for an RP.

I think being wordy is a common feature of aspiring novelists that I see... and in many ways I think your story fits much more in that category than the type of person who normally only RPs and randomly decided to try writing a novel. ScribbleHub also isn't the best benchmark for most aspiring novelists either, since ScribbleHub is a web serial site (populated by weebs who like short wish fulfillment chapters), which is a very specific type of novel compared to the zillions of aspiring writers out there.

But yeah, your story reads like a legitimate story.
Uhm, I'll just take your word for it~

Though I do have a lot that I want to improve on before tackling actually writing a novel... like making good dialogue and balancing out exposition with plot (since my writing is either really slow or really rushed with plot), so on and so forth...