Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

fyrre

I have an idea for an ability. Being able to call forth people from different eras and times to help you. Like, let's say you needed some help with poetry and suddenly William Shakespeare or Edgar Allan Poe appears in your room. And you're able to use their skills as your own. But it won't last long and these callings are random, only when you desperately need help.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
I have an idea for an ability. Being able to call forth people from different eras and times to help you. Like, let's say you needed some help with poetry and suddenly William Shakespeare or Edgar Allan Poe appears in your room. And you're able to use their skills as your own. But it won't last long and these callings are random, only when you desperately need help.
question, do they have to be real or fictional. Like can you get classic characters like robin hood and king arthur

fyrre

question, do they have to be real or fictional. Like can you get classic characters like robin hood and king arthur
It depends on how strong this fictional character is or what ability they have. Calling Robin Hood or King Arthur would be alright since they're not world breaking or apocalypse harbingers of some sort. Both don't use magic and have a human talent, Robin with stealth / archery and Arthur with his sword Excalibur. The limit with fictional characters would have to be the ones with some heaven defying magic.

Reborn_Cat

Calling someone like Morgan le Fay or Merlin would be a definite no.
how bout nerfed versions? like merlin can use magic, but his strength is limited to about rank C
I suppose, King Arthur without Excalibur nor the Excalibur's magic scabbard, he'd be just some old dude...
He'd still have his swordsmanship, which Audrina could borrow

fyrre

how bout nerfed versions? like merlin can use magic, but his strength is limited to about rank C

I'm not giving Audriana this ability. It can be saved for a future one.

I'm taking into consideration the time and place of the roleplay. If it's a modern one with abilities where everyone's characters aren't that op I won't allow powerful fictional characters. But if it's a roleplay where people are more op than my character then I probably wont nerf it.

I suppose... I mean it's not that I have anything against King Arthur (but I totally do) :blob_pout:...

it does remind me...

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I think you undersell yourself! :blob_hmph: I think your story/writing is well suited for the main site, and in fact I actually think your story is better even suited for the main site than for RP. You have a very strong and isolated cast of NPC characters engaging in complex political plots, which can be difficult to work with in an RP setting, and they can shine much more easily in a proper story format!

Nahrenne is also one of those where I feel like her writing would also be really nice to have in story format...

Like Vivi-kun, Renne often has a very complex and vivid cast of NPC characters. In AGv3, I had trouble following all of them over time, and I think it would have been nice to be able to read Lianna's story if it was packaged together. I know that Renne is shy about the NSFW things, but I do think it's an interesting story and people would enjoy reading it.

It's actually really difficult to get other people to read old RP logs, which is a shame because Nahrenne write so much!

I would love to see Renne's rp's digested and presented in the format of a story.
Now I feel even more embarrassed and shy.
>w<

As well as a failure of an rp'er for making it too complex for other people to use the NPC's.
orz

X

Bochi

So....fate grand order?

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
So....fate grand order?
That or Persona / SMT

One way to deal with fictional bs broken af chars is too have summoning requirements - which does put you squarely into cult territory like the one going on in the pm but oh well ~
Other way is to limit the skills available to them by the magic used by the summoner. Cant cast insta nukes if you barely have enough mana to start a candle y'know?
Or you can just assign arbitrary levels and call it a day ~

Reborn_Cat

For a moment I thought you were going to talk about summoning Morgan Freeman, and I was going to say that summoning god is too OP and should probably be nerfed~
Part of me wants to have that ability, Imagine facing and army of people and Morgan Freeman come to say war is bad and everyone is suddenly friends.
Tomorrow is a new month! Newsletter day!
Atleast something good is going to happen