How do I make #21 on trending but get LESS views?

Jemini

I just noticed I had a very unusually low view count for this time of the day for my series. It's no big deal, it happens. However, this is the requisite 2 days after my posting day, which usually brings a boost due to placing somewhere on trending.

So, I checked out where I ranked in. My series, Key to the Void, rated number 21. That's on the 1st page. And yet, I am actually getting FEWER views than when I am not even placed on trending at all. How does that even work?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I just noticed I had a very unusually low view count for this time of the day for my series. It's no big deal, it happens. However, this is the requisite 2 days after my posting day, which usually brings a boost due to placing somewhere on trending.

So, I checked out where I ranked in. My series, Key to the Void, rated number 21. That's on the 1st page. And yet, I am actually getting FEWER views than when I am not even placed on trending at all. How does that even work?
Honestly, Jack? I dont even understand why people bother checking their rankings anyway. I never give the slightest fuck, personally.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

like many had said, the trending tab is a mystery. you can have sudden jumps in readers and still fly under the radar, while stories starting out with 10k views would suddenly jump into the top 10 without so much as 5 chapters and 200 views on the first chapter.

it's best to see the trending tab as a lottery than an actual indication of fame or statistic.

Armored99

Harem-phobic
i've never used the trending tab to find something to read. I don't even know what kinda of person would use it. Just check the tags you like and see if anything new pops up.

_oinkchan

It doesn't work like that. Unless u in the top 5 you won't get much boost of views or readers.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
I don't think anyone can understand the trending list, tbh.

For the most part of what I've seen, it's been more or less popular series, but might as well be just Tony throwing dice.

Agentt

Thighs
If it's not the front page you aren't trending.
I believe by first page, she is referring to the series ranking, where first page has rank 1 to 25
It doesn't work like that. Unless u in the top 5 you won't get much boost of views or readers.
I kinda agree with this, mine got to no. 10, but no boost. The next day it jumped to 42, and after that i stopped caring

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I sometimes forget the trending list exists. I just check novel randomly and read what meets the eye. The front page of sh is just too cluttered with too much shit to be easily navigable in my opinion (I still love you, @Tony)

Jemini

like many had said, the trending tab is a mystery. you can have sudden jumps in readers and still fly under the radar, while stories starting out with 10k views would suddenly jump into the top 10 without so much as 5 chapters and 200 views on the first chapter.

it's best to see the trending tab as a lottery than an actual indication of fame or statistic.

It's not about how the trending tab works, it's about how people find the series.

And it's not about disputing my position on the trending list, it's about how much of a head-scratcher it is that my views go down when I make it to page 1 on the list. That part there is the key part that is absolutely bizarre.

CL

My belief is that when enough readers here have seen what the story is about that they either stay hooked or wiggle off to find some other reading material to consume. If your story has been around for awhile, then, honestly, I think there are a finite pool of regular readers here you can pull views from. That might be the reasoning why your scheduled publishing date didn't show the numbers as expected.

BenJepheneT

And it's not about disputing my position on the trending list, it's about how much of a head-scratcher it is that my views go down when I make it to page 1 on the list. That part there is the key part that is absolutely bizarre.
I'll be honest my man, I don't think anyone actually ventures into the trending pages. Unless you're actively looking for something to read without any parameters, one most likely go for their usual Reading List. Unless you're on the first 5 on the trending tab, it's safe to assume you won't be getting any increase in views.

Jemini

I'll be honest my man, I don't think anyone actually ventures into the trending pages. Unless you're actively looking for something to read without any parameters, one most likely go for their usual Reading List. Unless you're on the first 5 on the trending tab, it's safe to assume you won't be getting any increase in views.
You're still not getting it. That explanation works as a reason for why the views might not change from the normal. However, they went DOWN. How do they go DOWN from hitting the 1st page of trending? If nobody looks there, then it just won't affect the numbers. However, not only were they affected, but they actually went down. They went lower than they would be if I were not on trending at all.

(Well, now I've spent this page talking about it, so that's tainting the numbers now. But, before it was up here they were way down.)

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
You're still not getting it. That explanation works as a reason for why the views might not change from the normal. However, they went DOWN. How do they go DOWN from hitting the 1st page of trending? If nobody looks there, then it just won't affect the numbers. However, not only were they affected, but they actually went down. They went lower than they would be if I were not on trending at all.

(Well, now I've spent this page talking about it, so that's tainting the numbers now. But, before it was up here they were way down.)
From my experience, I never experienced views going down when my series got into trending. There is a time it went down, but it was because I didn't update my series that day. If you got into trending, try to update 1 chapter, that way the new reader will know that your novel just got updated and maybe have a constant update. That affect the readers too.

BenJepheneT

wait a fucking second. they went down? like, from a hypothetical 7890 views to 7889 views? that kind of go down?

well shit if that's the case then it's some voodoo shit. i ain't ever seen numbers go the fuck down, much less on TRENDING.

you sure this isn't some personal mandela effect?