Zombie NPCs in Post-Apocalypse

Let's just say, for example, the MC woke up in a zombie apocalypse and found the zombies became NPCs to the MC alone.

What do you think would happen next?

Last edited:

hueyhare

You mean, they eat everyone else, but when the MC interacts with them, they try to sell the MC their wares? I assume the MC would create a kingdom. People would flock to him because he's able to reason with the zombies. He would become a king and daily go out and talk to the zombies while luring them into some kind of trap (maybe a big pit or something). Eventually, the people of the kingdom would become discontent, being safe from the zombie threat for so long, and they would lose faith in the fact that the MC is actually protecting them from anything. They would overthrow the MC king and he would probably die, starting the zombie apocalypse all over again.

That's what I think at least.

You mean, they eat everyone else, but when the MC interacts with them, they try to sell the MC their wares? I assume the MC would create a kingdom. People would flock to him because he's able to reason with the zombies. He would become a king and daily go out and talk to the zombies while luring them into some kind of trap (maybe a big pit or something). Eventually, the people of the kingdom would become discontent, being safe from the zombie threat for so long, and they would lose faith in the fact that the MC is actually protecting them from anything. They would overthrow the MC king and he would probably die, starting the zombie apocalypse all over again.

That's what I think at least.

Yeah, they can sell you wares, give quests and useful info, or just give some useless trivia like 'dang these brains aren't carb-friendly'.

Sounds like an interesting idea :D

Maybe after he died, he would resurrect as the Zombie King and slaughter humanity for revenge.

If that's an actual story idea I'd wanna read it:blob_cookie:

It's just a random thought I had. What if the monsters you usually fight actually became like Human NPCs? :blob_uwu:

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
It'd be a pretty fun idea! Imagine being human and they still recognized you as a threat, so you have to wear a disguise.
ZNPC: Hey MC! How's You're Arm Doing? I heard you broke it!
MC: It's fine.
ZNPC: Want me to cut it off for you? That's usually easier
MC: ...
ZNPC: *happy zombie noises*

hueyhare

Maybe after he died, he would resurrect as the Zombie King and slaughter humanity for revenge.

Totally. In fact, it would be awesome if the main character was someone else and the story is built up as a necessary revolution to overthrow the king that is supposedly exploiting his people. You follow the leader of the rebellion who doesn't even believe zombies exist. Then you discover first hand how horribly wrong he was when the zombie king leads the zombie horde back into the city.

tak

But which game NPC?
  • Pokemon
You made eye contact with the zombie. It screeches as it rushes towards you. Maybe it uses its power, because you can't move at all. Just as you thought you'll die, the zombie strike a pose and his speech become clear. "Hey you seem strong! Do you want to battle?" A zombified poliwag jumps out of his pokeball.
  • GTA-ish (i've never played this game)
You wandered to a zombie town. You panicked and killed zombies to survive. Somehow there's police zombies chasing you. You killed them. Somehow, in a world where working fuel and transportation is scarce, there are helicopters and dispatch chasing you, and they're all zombie
  • Harvest moon
You arrived at a village and the zombies give you a house. You give the zombie a rock you just picked up. The zombie is happy. You decided to become a farmer, hopefully the animals amd plants won't mutate.

hueyhare

But which game NPC?
  • Pokemon
You made eye contact with the zombie. It screeches as it rushes towards you. Maybe it uses its power, because you can't move at all. Just as you thought you'll die, the zombie strike a pose and his speech become clear. "Hey you seem strong! Do you want to battle?" A zombified poliwag jumps out of his pokeball.
Pokemon zombies would be terrifying!

But which game NPC?
  • Pokemon
  • GTA-ish (i've never played this game)
You wandered to a zombie town. You panicked and killed zombies to survive. Somehow there's police zombies chasing you. You killed them. Somehow, in a world where working fuel and transportation is scarce, there are helicopters and dispatch chasing you, and they're all zombie
  • Harvest moon
You arrived at a village and the zombies give you a house. You give the zombie a rock you just picked up. The zombie is happy. You decided to become a farmer, hopefully the animals amd plants won't mutate.

now that i think about it, any game can do

the ideas are hilarious xD

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Alright, I've been gathering the idea in my head for so long it grew a civilization and died to the mental Black Plague but I'mma try to resurrect it here so give me a moment.

Zombie NPCs can be done is many different ways. One of the things I've found out in my manga marathons is that NPCs are more often than not treated as the same as enemies. Try to use them in different variations. Maybe they can be like this OPPRESSED MINORITY DESERVING OF BETTER AND THAT WE SHOULDN'T EXCLUDE PEOPLE WITH ROTTING LIMBS or maybe normal human beings with some 'little' change to their physique.

I remember this one isekai manga that has God damn mummies in their world only to treat them like slaves. Imagine the early 20th century slavery but instead of black people it's humanoid skeletons and people wrapped in bandages miraculously growing out of their skin. Instead of some "virus" or "wandering enemy/ally", you can use them to show an alternate reality or even bring in some real world politics. Maybe the zombie NPCs decided to build factions out of the rubble of the broken civilization and that the MC, being a human, is a valuable asset to have.

Maybe you can make a harem where the MC is in the middle of this civil war to own the MC as an asset to their nation.

Depends. If they're the generic mindless zombie you mention, then you can just shuffle them into the same category of slime NPCs.