What the hell is LTnovel.com?

Reyezwriting

Did you guys know about this site?

Someone posted two of my series there. My main series and its spinoff.

Wait.... no... I just checked, my three ongoing series.

I'm not mad, because they credit me, and they don't remove the author's notes and announcements at the end of each chapters... But if I ever want to remove them from that site, I have to freaking write an email, and blah blah blah.

Which is kind of annoying, you know?

I don't recognize most of the stories there, but I found the very popular Becoming #1 With Stun-Gun Hero!! there too. At the moment of writing this, I haven't asked the original author if they published it there.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Did you guys know about this site?

Someone posted two of my series there. My main series and its spinoff.

Wait.... no... I just checked, my three ongoing series.

I'm not mad, because they credit me, and they don't remove the author's notes and announcements at the end of each chapters... But if I ever want to remove them from that site, I have to freaking write an email, and blah blah blah.

Which is kind of annoying, you know?

I don't recognize most of the stories there, but I found the very popular Becoming #1 With Stun-Gun Hero!! there too. At the moment of writing this, I haven't asked the original author if they published it there.
I think that's just where the site owners posted pirated stories to get pageviews to earn money from ad revenue. However... the layout of the ToC is startlingly similar to WebNovel's... just saying. It just looks so much like it.\

Never heard of it btw.

LostLibrarian

Congratz to being famous enough to get copied by some scum! :blob_party:

It's one of the million copies of webnovel, trying to get a small piece of the cake. Though I don't know whether this is the site owner or just a user who wants a bit of fame. Going by the author name, it might be the first, but most often it is the second, where someone just wants to have fame for 10 minutes without doing anything.

That said... seeing that stuff, I'm mostly sad, that my stories aren't copied :blob_teary:

Reyezwriting

I did not know it existed. Yet again, I rarely know any. :blob_hide:
Have you checked if your stories are there?
Congratz to being famous enough to get copied by some scum! :blob_party:

It's one of the million copies of webnovel, trying to get a small piece of the cake. Though I don't know whether this is the site owner or just a user who wants a bit of fame. Going by the author name, it might be the first, but most often it is the second, where someone just wants to have fame for 10 minutes without doing anything.

That said... seeing that stuff, I'm mostly sad, that my stories aren't copied :blob_teary:
Look, I don't think someone tries to impersonate me, because that website is pretty basic. No one comments there (I checked the most popular stories to see the activity) And they also copy what I write on my "author's note"... So if I ever added a paypal link in one of them, they would also copy that.
I think they just want the content....

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Have you checked if your stories are there?
I was about to say I highly doubt it but.... Uh... it is?

CadmarLegend

Wait.... now that I look more into it, the layout overall is VERY similar to WebNovel. The creator probably just took a lot of source code from webnovel and copied it and then added stories. or it was a bot.
I think the text I put in bold in the quote is correct, though.

LostLibrarian

I mean, it is clearly a copy of webnovel. There were tons of such sites. For a time you also had a "new writing contest with XXXX $$$$$$$" when they tried to get some cool stories going on their already half-dead sites. Often it was also the site-owner who picked the winner and not popularity or ratings or something like that...

Webnovel is massive and makes tons of money. As much as people hate it, the "standard reader" will still find enough there to like. And now people try to jump on the bandwagon and get their own money printing machine.

It's a bit like those indie game developers with no vision or talent, who just copy "popular indie game X" and are really angry, it doesn't sell, after they published a worse version of a game that came out 4 years ago. This is the same with website development...

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
This is the first I'm hearing of it. Very interesting!

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I mean, it is clearly a copy of webnovel. There were tons of such sites. For a time you also had a "new writing contest with XXXX $$$$$$$" when they tried to get some cool stories going on their already half-dead sites. Often it was also the site-owner who picked the winner and not popularity or ratings or something like that...

Webnovel is massive and makes tons of money. As much as people hate it, the "standard reader" will still find enough there to like. And now people try to jump on the bandwagon and get their own money printing machine.
How, why.... huh?! :sweating_profusely: Well, shit.:blob_melt:

LostLibrarian

How, why.... huh?! :sweating_profusely: Well, shit.:blob_melt:
Because "creating things" is hard and "having a new idea" is even harder. So people try to "cheat life"...
-------------------

Looking over it, there are so many stories I recognize from SH/RoyalRoad. And all of them stopped posting 22 ago. So it seems, this one is probably really the work of a bot and they try to get some traffic going...

Looking at it with @EternalSunset0 novels Fractal Plane, it only has its latest volume on there. So I guess, they had a bot running, who looked through the latest releases and only copied those posted actively around 22 days ago (from the look of it it started 64 days ago and ran for a month).

So in short, I can blame my unpopularity onto my hiatus, because I had no chapter posted in that timeline.
Hell yeah, that's what I'll go with and nobody can claim otherwise... :blobrofl:

CadmarLegend

So in short, I can blame my unpopularity onto my hiatus, because I had no chapter posted in that timeline.
Hell yeah, that's what I'll go with and nobody can claim otherwise... :blobrofl:
Fellow person on the Dao of Hiatus :blob_reach:... I-I can't believe there are others...

I-I've finally met you! I thought I was the last... :blob_teary:

I've met another one of my kind... :blob_melt::blob_melt::blob_melt:

Wait.... now that I look more into it, the layout overall is VERY similar to WebNovel. The creator probably just took a lot of source code from webnovel and copied it and then added stories. or it was a bot.

You don't need to copy the source code. There are a couple of apps that allow you to download the whole website. You'd need a script to automatically scrap the data from SH, for example, to their website.

Also, I've been wondering about this for a while but never got the chance to ask, how were you following me before I had even created an account on the forums.

CadmarLegend

You don't need to copy the source code. There are a couple of apps that allow you to download the whole website. You'd need a script to automatically scrap the data from SH, for example, to their website.

Also, I've been wondering about this for a while but never got the chance to ask, how were you following me before I had even created an account on the forums.
an account is automatically created for the forums the first time you register on either SH or on here. Yes. an account on Scribble Hub means a Forum account was also made automatically. And, besides, I had this little 'active' time where I tested out lots of SHF parameters, and found that you could only follow 1k people max. You were in my experiment, probably.

LostLibrarian