What to do with my ever increasing hate on silent readers

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
There is almost nothing you can do. I made a whole technical chapter to ask readers if I should discontinue or continue the story. That chapter had around 400 hundred views and 20 comments. It made around 5-10 silent readers comment. Once. They didn't continue commenting.

The only way to get more comments is to crosspost to different sites and write an engaging story. No cutting corners here. Also, I don't know if it's true, but some people here say that readers don't like to comment on smut novels, so there is that as well.
its simply, you just have to piss them off

Commander_Bimba

a further rec, if you really want a decent amount of reader feedback, check out quests on sufficient velocity - An interactive story with important choices after every chp or so tends to make for an active community
Imma do this. Start a shoutout to the top three commentors with the most comments based on the time after the release of chap or the one who points out the most mistakes obviously not including the plotholes, cause why would I? When your novel is already in the pithole...

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I did it more than once. My readers are too good of a people to be mad at me. Usually, they silently go after a pack of cigarettes.
You need more toxic readers, obviously.
Such great advice, too bad can't follow
On a side note your title is already offensive enough...
I can see I've triggered some past trauma with my title. Are you gonna cry? I wanna use your tears as lube while I fuck this one dude's chick. Guy's away on deployment, and as a true Patriot I refuse to let the wives of our great country's soldiers sleep cold.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Such great advice, too bad can't follow
On a side note your title is already offensive enough...
I did it more than once. My readers are too good of a people to be mad at me. Usually, they silently go after a pack of cigarettes.
Honestly he is correct, managing to get a copypasta level reply telling him to shove it up his ass coz he was too slow to update stuff is when you know you have some genuine fancults starting.

I think the word I was looking for is Apathy - I(as in your average reader) dont care enough - Get me something to care for - It can be through pissing me of, having a waifu/husbando/char I am really invested in, something unique, weird plot, idk.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
it's too much work to comment on stuff in any meaningfull way so why bother

Commander_Bimba

I can see I've triggered some past trauma with my title. Are you gonna cry? I wanna use your tears as lube while I fuck this one dude's chick. Guy's away on deployment, and as a true Patriot I refuse to let the wives of our great country's soldiers sleep cold.
Where did ya learn history? You got more knowledge than a history teacher

SailusGebel

Honestly he is correct, managing to get a copypasta level reply telling him to shove it up his ass coz he was too slow to update stuff is when you know you have some genuine fancults starting.

I think the word I was looking for is Apathy - I(as in your average reader) dont care enough - Get me something to care for - It can be through pissing me of, having a waifu/husbando/char I am really invested in, something unique, weird plot, idk.
I don't understand what you meant with the first paragraph, and I think you quoted me by mistake.

Commander_Bimba

I don't understand what you meant with the first paragraph, and I think you quoted me by mistake.
Same
Can't understand that para but let's pretend we do!
Expect absolutely nothing when logging on, I barely even expect any one of my new chapters to get half the views of my last, basically, just expect the worst
The best part of expecting worst is when it did happen you feel worst!
Cause deep down we do expect to get even one response, only one...

Reyezwriting

This is why I am not really onto writing. There's just silent and I don't know what to feel with my work. Sighs.
If there's still people coming to read your new chapters, you're doing something wright then.
Not surprisingly I got the most response here in five minutes compare to five days there...
Now to the hidden question "Should I start posting my novel here?"
There are threads dedicated to receive feedback here.... Somewhere.

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
Heheheh, that is probably due to me long chapters <3 scare away the meanies~
Wait!?!? I am older... But, but... I came in June and you are in April. Kitty is uber confused! *Confusion attack was done and was super effective!*
* God-like properties have been disbanded because of a secondary effect!* K.O!:blob_dizzy:
I am confusion... I made my account in april, but I'd swear I saw you before that...
Maybe I am the Senpai *vision meme*

SailusGebel

Not surprisingly I got the most response here in five minutes compare to five days there...
Now to the hidden question "Should I start posting my novel here?"
Nah, people won't read your novel. A fair share of users here would like to pitch in with advice or review, gloss over your chapter. They would love to flex their skill as an author or try to flex their sense of humor. They would try to encourage you with sweet words and all the other little things. Actually reading your work? Most probably, not gonna happen.