What is your ultimate goal as an author?

SailusGebel

jesus christ all these vanilla answers are making me feel like scum. don't you guys like some depravity? earn some cash? get some rabid fans you can mooch off of? am I the only morally deprived one here?
I can't say that I'm on the same level, but I'm also morally deprived.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
jesus christ all these vanilla answers are making me feel like scum. don't you guys like some depravity? earn some cash? get some rabid fans you can mooch off of? am I the only morally deprived one here?
If you were truly morally depraved, you’d create a catfish account on OnlyFans rather than writing.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
If you were truly morally deprived, you’d create a catfish account on OnlyFans rather than writing.
look, i write racist and queerphobic posts online. I kill kittens, kick dogs, and trip over grandmothers. I leave the toilet seat down when I pee in public bathrooms and leave chocolate coins in tips jars early in the morning so that when they collect it the entire bottom half would be melted poo coloured but even I won't stoop to that level.

Kitsura

The day I have enough clout to make an anime, I want to see my characters brought to life.

at the very least I want to be traditionally publish with at least some renown.

look, i write racist and queerphobic posts online. I kill kittens, kick dogs, and trip over grandmothers. I leave the toilet seat down when I pee in public bathrooms and leave chocolate coins in tips jars early in the morning so that when they collect it the entire bottom half would be melted poo coloured but even I won't stoop to that level.
What about making an onlyfans for one of your characters?

D

Deleted member 45782

jesus christ all these vanilla answers are making me feel like scum. don't you guys like some depravity? earn some cash?
Yes. I wanna earn cash and become a successful traditionally published writer. Preferrably so well that one doesn't have to do any other job that's not in creativity.

Siostar

I want to make my readers cry in anguish....

Tho I don't know if I ever take the first step to write something 😂

Last edited:

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
Someone adapt one of my novels into other form of media (best be a game), or when I can do it myself and it got popular.

And maybe some money would be good, too.

Last edited:

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
Hahaha, I should have added that to my post. I've probably inspired someone in a bad way, though

A.P.R.L.

I'm not gonna lie, I write for fun. The story I'm writing is something I wanted to read and decided, "hey! Why don't I share it online? There's surely someone else who might like it" but honestly it's actually something I do for myself.

But if I had to say what I would like to obtain as a writer, then... I want money. And fanart of my characters. And people writing fanfiction about it. I want ship wars and people making BL fanart of my obviously straight male characters or having waifu wars over the girls. I would also like it if it becomes adapted someday in an animated series or something. Pretty big dreams, all of them. Not that I see them happening anytime soon, or ever, but a girl can dream.

Most of all, I want fanart, because I can't draw to save my life and I want to know how readers imagine my characters.

DarklyReadsBooks

Fair, all I want is to for someone to pirate one of my series.

Smallblackcat

Well for me writing is just a form of relaxing myself on my daily work and schedules getting many people to read my book just gives energy to write more, that's all I think not as dramatic as the first who want to turn his work to hentai or doujin of some sort but that's really all I can think about and my chapter release is erratic most of the time I feel sorry for others who read it though

Kuroinamida91

Right at this second the end goal would be to have someone obsessed over what I write, hell maybe become a toxic fan. That's when I know I've done it. I'll have written something that has wedged into the readers reality.
That's about as dark and depraved as it gets for me

scribesaga

rich and famous! surrounded by my own personal harem onboard my own flying aircraft carrier, so that I can look down at the huddled masses in judgment.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Jesus Christ all these vanilla answers are making me feel like scum. don't you guys like some depravity? earn some cash? get some rabid fans you can mooch off of? am I the only morally deprived one here?

This was me in the past. Not just writing but any project I tried my hands on. Writing is currently the one I'm taking seriously now but I spent a decade making games. The end goal for that was to turn it into a business, then it whittled down to just making some money, then to have people play it. They did and they didn't like my game. That goal surely sucked.

So yeah, all that money and fame and fortune and whatever is not a very good goal. I think now that I have a job that makes me some good money, my goal is to simply express myself. Yeah, it's another vanilla answer, but sometimes the best goals in life are the most mundane ones.