You are a scam merchant doing your thing

As a scam merchant what would you do/sell and who would be your targets

Last edited:

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I'd draw a cover in ms paint and charge 500$ for it, then convince the author these are the prices for custom made covers and that they made a great deal.

...based on a reddit thread true story I once read.

I'd draw a cover in ms paint and charge 500$ for it, then convince the author these are the prices for custom made covers and that they made a great deal.

...based on a reddit thread true story I once read.
Well I now know who not to ask to make me a custom cover.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I would send fabricated bills to large corporations such as apple or google. Five thousand each. Never twice with the same claim and billing info for me to collect the money. I could find ten good corporations and haul in 50k every quarter pretty safely.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'll go around school dumpsters, collect empty pens and resell them individually as a wandering penny merchant at local food courts during weekend mornings where families have their breakfasts.

If that seemed specific, yes, it happened to me.

Most expensive one-fifty I've ever lost.

I would send fabricated bills to large corporations such as apple or google. Five thousand each. Never twice with the same claim and billing info for me to collect the money. I could find ten good corporations and haul in 50k every quarter pretty safely.
that seems way too good to be true. what's the catch?

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
the best scam artist would always sell hope and dreams and would never peddling their product at the same place twice. it doesn't matter what i sell, what matter is : if it's what a customer wants, then i have it.

see a cat lover that always being avoided by animal? sell them a perfume made from flower extract and fish broth and then teach them about pheromones and tell them this perfume would induce pheromones if used for more than a week. even thought it's not.

seeing someone who wanted to be an idol? sell them a cough drop and tell them it would makes their voice became a crystal clear that could captivate everyone if routinely drank for more than a month.

an ugly fat guy who wanted a harem? just sell them a book that consist of ritual to make a girl would submit to them as long as he has their piece of hair or something. and tell them the effect would shown after a month as long as the ritual being done correctly.

a glorified scam merchant didn't make their product first, they search for the gullible target first. then improvise afterwards

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
the best scam artist would always sell hope and dreams and would never peddling their product at the same place twice. it doesn't matter what i sell, what matter is : if it's what a customer wants, then i have it.

see a cat lover that always being avoided by animal? sell them a perfume made from flower extract and fish broth and then teach them about pheromones and tell them this perfume would induce pheromones if used for more than a week. even thought it's not.

seeing someone who wanted to be an idol? sell them a cough drop and tell them it would makes their voice became a crystal clear that could captivate everyone if routinely drank for more than a month.

an ugly fat guy who wanted a harem? just sell them a book that consist of ritual to make a girl would submit to them as long as he has their piece of hair or something. and tell them the effect would shown after a month as long as the ritual being done correctly.

a glorified scam merchant didn't make their product first, they search for the gullible target first. then improvise afterwards
now i know to never trust a merchant if I ever chance upon visiting Bandung, Indonesia

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
shoot, I should changed my location to New Delhi before posting that.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I'd make an online computer game and add a bunch of features and then make them unavailable to purchase and have the only way of getting them be through gambling by buying some kind of lucky box kinda thing... I'd call them crates or something. Kids would burn through their parents pockets to buy my useless shit

I'd make an online computer game and add a bunch of features and then make them unavailable to purchase and have the only way of getting them be through gambling by buying some kind of lucky box kinda thing... I'd call them crates or something. Kids would burn through their parents pockets to buy my useless shit
I would just like to say you live up to your name.

DesiRable

I'd seek to emulate Foutanga Babani Sissoko; going full chuuni, proclaiming myself to have mystical powers, and scamming a suitably superstitious, gullible bank manager (/managers), into giving me all of their money, by claiming that I could double it for them. Instead of trying to set up an airline with all of those hundreds of millions of dollars though, I'd invest it into starting up a charity organization (whilst paying myself a massive salary and bonuses, naturally); ensuring that, if and when the bank manager/s do wise up to the fact that they're being scammed, they can't just open criminal proceedings to try taking it back. At which point, the only way for them and their banks to avoid a major blow to their reputations would be to prevent the scam being fully exposed, and cover their losses by legitimizing the transfers and claim they were intentionally giving it to my charity all along.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I’d make a gacha game for cheap useless shit being sold on Amazon. Requires so little effort since you don’t even need to bother with art.

D

Deleted member 45782

Insurance.

A medicine that can cure even the rarest of disease, no matter how unknown/outdated/untested/ridiculous it is. The desperate will do anything to save themselves or their families and their loved ones.

Insurance.

A medicine that can cure even the rarest of disease, no matter how unknown/outdated/untested/ridiculous it is. The desperate will do anything to save themselves or their families and their loved ones.
Me - "Police officer this is the person that sold me fake insurance."
Police - "Sorry just because the insurance is dodgy does not mean its illegal."
Me - "he also sold me fake medication."
Police - "Off to the slammer for you Squidfish"
Me - "Can I get my money back first"

D

Deleted member 45782

Me - "Police officer this is the person that sold me fake insurance."
Police - "Sorry just because the insurance is dodgy does not mean its illegal."
Me - "he also sold me fake medication."
Police - "Off to the slammer for you Squidfish"
Me - "Can I get my money back first"
No. No refund policy is in place. Srry dear.