Webnovel wants to contract me so much that they'll even impersonate me, lol

Xeoz

But for real though, don't ever sign the contract if you have 1000 readers below. But it does advertise your novel on the site more, depending on how famous your novel would be.

That's not a honest question. That's just you checking the name that I have here on scribblehub. I wouldn't disclose much but I will show this screenshot as a proof for my main account.

bruh, I am not gonna explain much and I really don't care if u don't believe (just so u know).
Bruh how is that picture gonna proof you're not lying

LilTV1155

I agree with you. But I would like to mention few things contradicting some of your points.
Yeah, rumors arise from somewhere at some point but when a gossip goes through a series of talks and chats for a long time, new things are added into it automatically even though they don't exist.
HARRASSING PEOPLE TO TAKE THE CONTRACT?? no, they don't do that.
Also, some were saying that the famous author gave hate to webnovel but if I had to be blunt, it was because Webnovel had implemented some new policies to benefit the newbie authors which in turn didn't benefit the ones that were at the top as it did before. That particular thing struck the respective author and he couldn't agree with it.
Then I would like to ask you about this thing. Things may be different from your perspective, but for others I am in doubts. I am not really against other international cultures, but it's the corporation policy and how they do things that I am wary of.

- https://www.webnovel.com/book/webno...ok-from-this-site-(and-why)_37699481667429590

Last edited:

S10

Really? There's literally a line their that basically says you cannot join or participate any event or promotion for a competition of the company. Which by the way didn't mention that this only applies for your contracted work. Which could mean this applies to you as a person. Furthermore, Webnovel also takes priority on your next work when you finish the contracted novel. A dangerous legal line, which when you break any of the terms -- the punishment is quite worrisome when you have worked for them for like 6 years for instance. I'm just not gonna say any contents of their contracts just to be safe. Ah, this is for Exclusive contract which would be the "best" contract than non-exclusive since with exclusive, they'll promote your work.
Afaik they have no non exclusive contract also there doesn't seem to be a non compete anywhere here? Can you give me a clause that shows it?

Heavy_Helium

Bruh how is that picture gonna proof you're not lying
I mean, it's enough of a proof for those who use webnovel as a writing platform since the content in the screenshot is only visible to the creator and no one else. This is about it i guess.
Afaik they have no non exclusive contract also there doesn't seem to be a non compete anywhere here? Can you give me a clause that shows it?
they have non- exclusive contract too comrade. I am not starting any argument that I will show up a clause from the big contract. No offense, but I am just pointing out the wrong things abt the webnovels and not acting as their helper or something so I don't think I am obliged to find it and then show u. Well, if anyone else has the time, then they can absolutely help you, comrade.
Then I would like to ask you about this thing. Things may be different from your perspective, but for others I am in doubts. I am not really against other international cultures, but it's the corporation policy and how they do things that I am wary of.

- https://www.webnovel.com/book/webno...ok-from-this-site-(and-why)_37699481667429590
Yeah, I agree with you. As you said, it's a matter of perspective and even I want them to add the delete option. But one more point comes here that there's MGS gunction on webnovel where the company pays u 200 dollars fixed per month if u write 1.5K words per day. I mean it's fine even if u don't write, that's just a assurance that u will get atleast 200 dollars even if ur novel is not reaching to ppl, which it reaches bcz no company would pay money from their personal acc. Well, coming back to the point, so if one asks to delete the novel after getting the money from here, that would simply be a trickery and nothing else. I hope that u r getting my point.
Also, I have some discontentment with some things, as you said depending on the perspective, but what I mentioned all here were the things that were taken wrong by the ppl.

Yeah, I agree with you. As you said, it's a matter of perspective and even I want them to add the delete option. But one more point comes here that there's MGS gunction on webnovel where the company pays u 200 dollars fixed per month if u write 1.5K words per day. I mean it's fine even if u don't write, that's just a assurance that u will get atleast 200 dollars even if ur novel is not reaching to ppl, which it reaches bcz no company would pay money from their personal acc. Well, coming back to the point, so if one asks to delete the novel after getting the money from here, that would simply be a trickery and nothing else. I hope that u r getting my point.
Also, I have some discontentment with some things, as you said depending on the perspective, but what I mentioned all here were the things that were taken wrong by the ppl.
But for real though, don't ever sign the contract if you have 1000 readers below. But it does advertise your novel on the site more, depending on how famous your novel would be.
yup, cause, that's not gonna help u in the long run. Have atleast 1000 readers as an insurance.
Is it alright to say? It's on Party B's Undertakings, No slander and competition.
u r right.

Last edited:

LilTV1155

I mean, it's enough of a proof for those who use webnovel as a writing platform since the content in the screenshot is only visible to the creator and no one else. This is about it i guess.

they have non- exclusive contract too comrade. I am not starting any argument that I will show up a clause from the big contract. No offense, but I am just pointing out the wrong things abt the webnovels and not acting as their helper or something so I don't think I am obliged to find it and then show u. Well, if anyone else has the time, then they can absolutely help you, comrade.

yup, cause, that's not gonna help u in the long run. Have atleast 1000 readers as an insurance.

u r right.
But in the link, it's not about accepting the contract. But Copyright infringement and potential plagarism which is unethical in business laws and worker trust.

Heavy_Helium

But in the link, it's not about accepting the contract. But Copyright infringement and potential plagarism which is unethical in business laws and worker trust.
Hmm, I am not sure that's the case. Because Potential plagiarism is not happening for as long as I know. Other than that, what they call copyright infringement is apparently what they signed during the contract. They have some copyright over the book for promoting it on the site and other platforms if it's getting famous, but the IP belongs to the author himself/herself. Also, I read the content through the given link too and apparently that's about deleting a contracted book. Which I already told you is not possible. It's like making money from this side, then terminating the contract and going to the next side and doing the same. That's illegal in itself.

LilTV1155

Hmm, I am not sure that's the case. Because Potential plagiarism is not happening for as long as I know. Other than that, what they call copyright infringement is apparently what they signed during the contract. They have some copyright over the book for promoting it on the site and other platforms if it's getting famous, but the IP belongs to the author himself/herself. Also, I read the content through the given link too and apparently that's about deleting a contracted book. Which I already told you is not possible. It's like making money from this side, then terminating the contract and going to the next side and doing the same. That's illegal in itself.
Then what if this author is not contracted with them in the first place, but someone else might be while taking words for words off that original author's page?

Heavy_Helium

Then what if this author is not contracted with them in the first place, but someone else might be while taking words for words off that original author's page?
If the author is not contracted, then there's no problem. And if someone is copying the words for words off the author's novel, then that's a simple copyright infringement case. You can report it and it is dissolved. But if someone copies your content on other sites, then you need to sort it out yourself since you have not signed a contract for protecting your novel's rights with WEBNOVEL. It's a problem between the one who is copying and the one who is getting copied. Webnovel is not related in that case.