I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

GebboKrye

Although your story ultilizes slightly popular tropes like Isekai and is unique, unfortunately, only very specific readers will read it. Most males don't like boys love and females prefer heavy romance in that genre, so basically the premise is problematic. Everything else is fine, though.

Overall, less than 100 readers by chapter 30.

Your story already have more than 30 chapters, but whatever, I'll just give some general feedback based on your story's marketability.

The story's tags are really good for this site (except supernatural). Most stories with those tags would gain 400+ readers, but you seem to be going for YA style novel which is not what most SH readers want. It basically has the right ingredients, but not-so-correct result for this particular site at least. I've got no issues beside that.
Thanks for the feedback! Your assessment seems pretty accurate, and I can only hope I am able to live up to the expectations of the small group of "very specific readers". I am just glad the thing that is holding back my first attempt is a premise and marketability.

LostLibrarian

Just for the fun of it:

Let's see what the oracle thinks :D

KittraMcBriar

Although your story ultilizes slightly popular tropes like Isekai and is unique, unfortunately, only very specific readers will read it. Most males don't like boys love and females prefer heavy romance in that genre, so basically the premise is problematic. Everything else is fine, though.

Your story already have more than 30 chapters, but whatever, I'll just give some general feedback based on your story's marketability.

The story's tags are really good for this site (except supernatural). Most stories with those tags would gain 400+ readers, but you seem to be going for YA style novel which is not what most SH readers want. It basically has the right ingredients, but not-so-correct result for this particular site at least. I've got no issues beside that.
If it's not too much to ask, is there a quick way you could sum up "what SH readers want" when it comes to style? I assumed probably just a more pared-down and direct, light novel-type prose, but I don't want to assume wrong. I'm confused when you say YA doesn't do well here because that's an age group that includes teens and it seems like lots of the successful stories here are about teens (that being said mine's more new adult, but can definitely see it reading like a YA novel).
So I'm guessing the difference is not in age group but in approach?
I don't intend to change the style of this particular story, it is what it is at this point, but I might want to write something more Scribblehub's flavor in the future :P or just more web-novely. I've read some examples of stories you said would be super successful to get a good idea of it, but I feel like a direct answer from you could be super informative too.

Last edited:
If it's not too much to ask, is there a quick way you could sum up "what SH readers want" when it comes to style? I assumed probably just a more pared-down and direct, light novel-type prose, but I don't want to assume wrong. I'm confused when you say YA doesn't do well here because that's an age group that includes teens and it seems like lots of the successful stories here are about teens (that being said mine's more new adult, but can definitely see it reading like a YA novel).
I don't intend to change the style of this particular story, it is what it is at this point, but I might want to write something more Scribblehub's flavor in the future :P or just more web-novely. I've read some examples of stories you said would be super successful to get a good idea of it, but I feel like a direct answer from you could be super informative too.
There are a ton of threads talking about this. You could also just check tending, but here's the summary anyway: Smut, GB, GL, Harem, anime(LN with the synopsis in the title), Isekai, Villainess, fanfiction.
If you have on of these, or better yet multiple, your story is bound to get clicks. The rest is up to you.

KittraMcBriar

There are a ton of threads talking about this. You could also just check tending, but here's the summary anyway: Smut, GB, GL, Harem, anime(LN with the synopsis in the title), Isekai, Villainess, fanfiction.
If you have on of these, or better yet multiple, your story is bound to get clicks. The rest is up to you.
I'm not asking about popular genres and tropes, though. I'm asking about prose and writing style.

I'm not asking about popular genres and tropes, though. I'm asking about prose and writing style.
Honestly, I don't think they equate to much. People here (myself included) are not very picky, as long as you give them what they want. Though, I think first person is preferred over third. There are some groups you could target specifically. But I don't know any other than the weebs. They're drawn to a casual LN-like style with short prose.

Hathnuz

Just for the fun of it:

Let's see what the oracle thinks :D
Plain premise, title could be better, and good synopsis. But, for a litrpg novel, it sure is lacking blue boxes, and that's actually a bad thing for litrpg readers. The mc might've gotten it in the future, but I don't think your readers would wait for too long. If I were you, I would make it happen in the first chapter.

Overall, less than 150 readers by chapter 30.
If it's not too much to ask, is there a quick way you could sum up "what SH readers want" when it comes to style? I assumed probably just a more pared-down and direct, light novel-type prose
Yep, that's right. Less flowery prose and more straight to the point. Also, the dialogues tend to appear more than narrations.
Yes.
Honestly, I don't think they equate to much. People here (myself included) are not very picky, as long as you give them what they want. Though, I think first person is preferred over third. There are some groups you could target specifically. But I don't know any other than the weebs. They're drawn to a casual LN-like style with short prose.
It doesn't matter whether first or third pov as long as no pov switch more than necessary. Other than that, you're right. Readers here are easy to please yet they can also be harsh.
Do you even need my prediction lol

Anyway, I can see you're inspired by that sheep novel. Maybe that's the reason why the readership isn't as high as I thought it would be (because it's not really original). It's also well-written and funny, but pretty much caters to SH audience only, I think. You probably know that, right?

Overall, 600-1200 readers by chapter 30.

Last edited:

LostLibrarian

But, for a litrpg novel, it sure is lacking blue boxes, and that's actually a bad thing for litrpg readers. The mc might've gotten it in the future, but I don't think your readers would wait for too long. If I were you, I would make it happen in the first chapter.
Interesting insight. No system for the MC was a conscious choice due to the story flow. Though it is to be seen whether the slow but steady approach works with LitRPG or if the audience is less forgiving compared to isekai.

But the main point is: Are people that set on blue boxes fur the system presentation? I understand that bo system for a handful of chapters might be too slow, so I "teased" it in chapter 2 through another character. It just doesn't have blue boxes.

Tl;dr: Do readers look out especially for that presentation style?

Hathnuz

Interesting insight. No system for the MC was a conscious choice due to the story flow. Though it is to be seen whether the slow but steady approach works with LitRPG or if the audience is less forgiving compared to isekai.

But the main point is: Are people that set on blue boxes fur the system presentation? I understand that bo system for a handful of chapters might be too slow, so I "teased" it in chapter 2 through another character. It just doesn't have blue boxes.

Tl;dr: Do readers look out especially for that presentation style?
After some thinking, maybe I was mistaken and too generalizing. SH readers won't really care about that unlike RR readers. So, yeah, there shouldn't be any problem with your story.
And here I was telling people to cut down on them...
As long as it doesn't slow down the story too much, blue boxes are basically required in litrpg... I think. I could be wrong, though.

LostLibrarian

After some thinking, maybe I was mistaken and too generalizing. SH readers won't really care about that unlike RR readers. So, yeah, there shouldn't be any problem with your story.
I mostly use SH as test before going to RR and alike. So it still stands. Actually got that point from multiple sources, so I have to see how I work with that. I don't have that many system messages right now, so it's mostly a presentation decision.

Though boxes for the sake of boxes might put off people as well. Hmm...
Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Gallas

Hey, what about mine?

Hathnuz

Hey, what about mine?

It's okay, but everything about your story is very plain. You've gotta bring something fresh if you want people to check your story out. Or use popular tags, that works too. No significant issues that I could find, only some mixed tenses here and there.

virgilknightley

Wow, I'm blown away by the favorable appraisal. It's my first web novel, actually, but I am published a few times over on Amazon. I did the market research to write this story, and it's been a blast. Thanks a ton for the encouragement!

Yi_San

Well..
I will post my synopsis and teaser her.

My first chapter is describing about the world.The story is yet to reach.
I welcome your advice..

it may be confusing. the story is the life of mc and ml and side characters in different worlds.
Quick transmigration and Quick reincarnation, romance, slice of life, tragedy, boy's love are main genres.

This transmigration and reincarnation is not like usual. Mc will not possess anyone's body. Cause mc and ml are supreme souls in high realms. They don't have body. They creates thier own body.
Now, tell me?

Synopsis:
They were two lonely souls.
One was the reason for everything ......
While the other found 'him' as the reason.
His blood red eyes looked up to the sky.. His sharp gaze pierced through realms. But, he couldn't get a glimpse of him...
After a moment, demonic power surged from him. He crawled up from the hell and wreaked havoc in the worlds he saw. He became hated, feared and cursed by billions of people..
All was for...

Teaser:

His birth was the most majestic. In the highest realm, taking up millions and billions of years, he was finally formed. With his enchanting blue eyes, he hatefully stared at the ferocious demon..
"What do you want actually? "

Finally he spoke!!!
He spoke to me!!

The demon said nothing. Just looked at him lovingly. His mind overflowing with satisfaction..

"I only had one last wish, Yi "

He slowly said.Suddenly he moved backwards.. The corrosive thick demonic aura surged from his body.

The angel's pupil constricted.
He rushed to the demon and caught him by hand.

The demon weakly laid in his hands. Cracks appeared in his demon spirit body..

"I LOVE YOU LITTLE YI !!!"

That was his last words...

'To die from your hands..that was my final wish Yi. I am sorry.. If i get a chance without this cursed destiny, i will openly pursue you. But that will never happen. It is also good to never love me. You won't be sad if i disappear forever.. Right?? "

His soul scattered..
In his place, a black hole appeared..

Slowly, very slowly, he (angel) reached with his hands towards the black hole..

-Millions of billions of years passed....
Finally, The memories in the black hole ended.

Suddenly, he cried...
He cried in heart wrenching pain....

"Is it truly late??? "

He roared...

Is it truly late??
Read the story to know more..😁

Last edited:

Gallas

It's okay, but everything about your story is very plain. You've gotta bring something fresh if you want people to check your story out. Or use popular tags, that works too. No significant issues that I could find, only some mixed tenses here and there.

Thank you :D

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Guess it's worth a shot. My newest ones are the second two in my signature.

Hathnuz

Guess it's worth a shot. My newest ones are the second two in my signature.
The Island: Everything about it is boring, from title, premise, synopsis, and first chapter. There seem to be lack of compelling elements that would attract readers or keep them interested.

I accidentally summoned the hero! Now what? : Much better than the previous novel. At least this one has a hook. Good and clear title and synopsis is a plus. Great first chapter too. But, those are not enough to be popular.

Less than 150 readers for both novels.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
The Island: Everything about it is boring, from title, premise, synopsis, and first chapter. There seem to be lack of compelling elements that would attract readers or keep them interested.

I accidentally summoned the hero! Now what? : Much better than the previous novel. At least this one has a hook. Good and clear title and synopsis is a plus. Great first chapter too. But, those are not enough to be popular.

Less than 150 readers for both novels.
What do you think I should change to make them more likely to be popular?