Is it OK to pierce a baby's ears?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Is it OK to pierce a child's ears before they can consent to it?

I saw that someone I went to high school with pierced her baby's ears. The baby is younger than mine, and I find this upsetting. I feel that it sends a message to the child that they don't get to decide what happens to their body.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

I saw that someone I went to high school with pierced her baby's ears. The baby is younger than mine, and I find this upsetting. I feel that it sends a message to the child that they don't get to decide what happens to their body.
Uhh, I don’t know, but if a doctor did it, it should be fine. As to the concent issue, I believe that this is better than circumcision. Also, the ear would probably heal if they decide not to use the piercing as a child.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Uhh, I don’t know, but if a doctor did it, it should be fine. As to the concent issue, I believe that this is better than circumcision. Also, the ear would probably heal if they decide not to use the piercing as a child.
Better than kids forced into slavery and branded.
not sure where those dark thoughts came from.

Anyways, I think it's fine. Ofc views differ person to person, but i see no real problem with it, as long as the baby's safety isn't compromised.

Also, I guess I learned that some people think being circumcised against their will as an infant is wrong...?

Szaku

sure, given that it's your baby. also ive never once believed the "you get to do what you want with your body" right applied to those who can't provide for themselves. mixing adult decisions and liberties into children's cereal and cartoons isn't the way. teaching my kids about it to prep them for adult life is not the same as practicing having extra decision makers in my house. daddy says put some fkin clothes on and be home at a certain time, that's that, sweetykins.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

Anyways, I think it's fine. Ofc views differ person to person, but i see no real problem with it, as long as the baby's safety isn't compromised.

Also, I guess I learned that some people think being circumcised against their will as an infant is wrong...?
It depends, there is a death rate of about 100 children a year. Also, the child can not consent. But, it is also a cultural thing. As long as it is done by a trained doctor. It should be fine. Just if you do so for your kid, and they dislike it when they grow up, be prepared. Also, nothing stops you from being circumcised when you are an adult.

MR.DANTE

i mean, childs don't consent to a lot of things, they have parents to do that because they don't have enough experience to take a responsabile decision, the legal age to do stuff (driving, drinking, voting, ecc..) is there to give an approximation of when people generally have enough experience and maturity to be responsible for such actions, the legal age its just an approximation and someone is never redy why someone is redy way earlier but the concept stands, childs have to little experience to take a lot of decisions so parents do it for them, its a parents job to rise their childrens as thei think is best, immagine if parents couldn't bring their childs to school because the childrens didnt consent to go to school, the issue is more or less the same, piercing the ears is more frivolous but its the parent call to make and it doesn't do anything permanent

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

@KoyukiMegumi since you're the only nurse I know, please enlighten us as to the actual safety of such a procedure. Consent aside

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Its basically can children be consent to rape. You can't ask them to bend over and spread their legs can you?

Thats basically how it compares to piercing and such. As children can't even process how one should live, why do you force what they can't defend them against. Children are the responsibilities of those who brought them to this world and if they want their kid sold to a black market, and complain about coming out as a rich person who hates family, why should once be forced to do something they are SUPPOSE to be responsible for? If their children were to kill them one day, its their choice because they made them turn their life around instead of guiding them to a proper path, be responsible for their children's well-being or even as a parents in whole.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

speaking on principle, it's probably wrong, akin to circumcision, but it's probably something they'll see as natural. it's like growing an extra finger @ birth vs growing one out of nowhere when you're an adult. you'll see yourself as natural in the former but go ballistics in the latter.

MR.DANTE

Its basically can children be consent to rape. You can't ask them to bend over and spread their legs can you?

Thats basically how it compares to piercing and such. As children can't even process how one should live, why do you force what they can't defend them against. Children are the responsibilities of those who brought them to this world and if they want their kid sold to a black market, and complain about coming out as a rich person who hates family, why should once be forced to do something they are SUPPOSE to be responsible for? If their children were to kill them one day, its their choice because they made them turn their life around instead of guiding them to a proper path, be responsible for their children's well-being or even as a parents in whole.
dude, pleas edit your post, it make no sense.
I think I get what you want to say but its explained terribly.
PS childrens arent supposed to be responsible, that come with time and experience, in the meanwhile some decisions about your life are going to be taken for you, like it or not, not all parents are great but there are laws in place to limit what a crazy or terrible parent might do even if its difficult to do better than what we have about the issue

Last edited:

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes

I frankly believe this is blown way out of proportion. Sure. having piercings can be permanent... but if the kid grows up and stops liking them, they can just stop wearing earrings. In the end, they'll have what only appear as dimples on the earlobe. Not like their ears are being gauged. I just don't think it can compare to the argument you gave. Completely different territories. And no matter what, no one will ever have full control over what happens in their childhood. Your points are valid, but not with this example of ear piercings.
nothing some staples and anesthesia can't fix
but dad, i didnt even realize i was circumcised until years after i gained conscious thought :blob_shock:
Guess i need to go steal someone's foreskin.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member

Hell no it’s not okay. If there was a legitimate purpose or factually proven health benefit for it, then sure. If not, then no.

In terms of something like circumcision for men, it’s a different story as there are actual health benefits for something like that.

Health benefits to piercing a child’s ear:
None. Worst-case it becomes a negative and results in an infection.

There’s apparently some bullshit in Hinduism, an ancient Indian practice about “ear piercing at an early age in kids is said to ensure proper brain development,” however I’d like to see a scientific peer reviewed paper proving that rather than hearsay propaganda to try and legitimize it by making up a bunch of bullshit. There’s a whole bunch more points this article makes about it which I’m willing to call bullshit on every single one of them. Sounds like a total scam some false prophet type figure would spout.

Health benefits to circumcision:
Easier hygiene.
Decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections.
Prevention of penile problems.
Decreased risk of penile cancer.

Last edited:

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer

genital mutilation of infants is always wrong, no matter the ideology, circumstance, or reason.

D

Deleted member 45782

honestly just wait til the child is older and can decide for themselves if they want an ear pierce. ik some did it for their kids when they were babies bc of tradition or bc of everyone else does it. but it doesn't hurt to let the kid decide; maybe they don't wanna have one.

_oinkchan

In India all female kids are pierced when they are babies. Even some males, it's totally fine.

Hazy-mist12

I think yes and no, umm babies are susceptible to infections so you should use a very sterilize needle to pierce it, also after that you must sterilize the wound while taking care of it (afterall a open wound is very risky for a baby specially in the case of ear piercing where I saw people who gained an infection for a few days regardless of them using sterilize needles and well babies are really vulnerable to diseases... and well even a small infection can affect the baby exaggeratedly)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Health benefits to circumcision:
Easier hygiene.
Decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections.
Prevention of penile problems.
Decreased risk of penile cancer.
But no foreskin

Fuck that shit I'mma keep be penis pocket

Arkus86

As I see it, it is purely a cultural thing with no real benefit, and see no reason why people could not wait a few years to ask the kid, until the kid can decide if they want earrings (that are not just clip-on thing).
They are too young to conscent to many things, yes, but why not let them decide that they maybe do not want their ears pierced?