New Features: Reading List Alerts, User Stats and More

Tony

Staff member
Hi! It's been awhile, hasn't it? Anyways, new features!

Reading List Alerts for Chapters

It seems like this was requested quite often in the feature requests forum so I had to do it. You'll get alerts for new chapters for stories you're following from your reading list. By default, this feature is disabled so you'll have to enable it by going into your reading list -> settings (top right corner) -> "Enable Alerts" -> Save.

You will have to enable this option for every list you want alerts for.

User Stats

It's a simple feature which tells you how many readers are reading, planning to read, completed the series, paused or dropped the series.

Untitled-2.jpg

As a reader, you can edit this option from your reading list. The setting is located at the top right corner of the reading list. This setting will apply to all series in your current reading list.

Untitled-2 (1).jpg

Reviews

For desktop users, reviews are no longer in a tab with the table of contents. It's been moved from the tab so it can get more exposure.

Please report any bugs if you find them.

Last edited:

Bazka

Oh this is sick, I've got a whole bunch of lists and crap to do pretty much the same thing

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So how you define those who have plans to read and those who had dropped the series?

Cuz I see the purple dot and I am confused.

RyreGruel

Well 2 “reading” lists, 4 “plan to read” lists, 3 “on hold” lists, 2 “dropped” lists, and 1 “completed” list.

and somehow I still have some of my list overloaded to the point they lag…

I do really like the update though :D

Aoi_Sora

Finally the update I've been waiting for.
My motivation to finally write is breaking the meter.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Aaah thank you for moving the reviews to a more exposed area!! I love the layout, bless~ :blob_aww:

EternalSunset0

???

You mean ignored? Cuz I only have one reading list and when I drop a work, I just delete it.
Your reading lists have categories. You can make a reading list and tag it with "dropped," for example, so if you add the story to that list in particular, the author gets +1 in the purple dot.

Attachments

• list.png
    list.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 75

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Your reading lists have categories. You can make a reading list and tag it with "dropped," for example, so if you add the story to that list in particular, the author gets +1 in the purple dot.
I normally just delete the work

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I normally just delete the work
Some people prefer to have what novels they dropped archived, as this allows them to remember which novels they already tried out and which they didn't try out yet.

It's not that relevant for most people in all honesty, but those people that spend their whole day reading prefer to have this kind of thing, as they read a few too many novels to remember every single one.

It probably won't be a category that will be used that much in all honesty, but if a reader wants to keep a novel in their list and don't want to keep contributing to the author's stats, they now have this option.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
So how you define those who have plans to read and those who had dropped the series?

Cuz I see the purple dot and I am confused.
I have one too.

Thank you Tony. I know that coding sucks so thanks for putting in the effort