New Features: Reading List Alerts, User Stats and More

tridetect

Finally I've been wanting a feature like this to keep track of everything It makes it easier to recommend stories and shows my personal taste in novels. I wish RR had a feature like this because that site is pretty lacking in interesting features.

The_3rd_Book

Pedagogical Cannibalism?
Hi! It's been awhile, hasn't it? Anyways, new features!

Reading List Alerts for Chapters

It seems like this was requested quite often in the feature requests forum so I had to do it. You'll get alerts for new chapters for stories you're following from your reading list. By default, this feature is disabled so you'll have to enable it by going into your reading list -> settings (top right corner) -> "Enable Alerts" -> Save.

You will have to enable this option for every list you want alerts for.

User Stats

It's a simple feature which tells you how many readers are reading, planning to read, completed the series, paused or dropped the series.

View attachment 10040

As a reader, you can edit this option from your reading list. The setting is located at the top right corner of the reading list. This setting will apply to all series in your current reading list.

View attachment 10041

Reviews

For desktop users, reviews are no longer in a tab with the table of contents. It's been moved from the tab so it can get more exposure.

Please report any bugs if you find them
I don't believe in God. But this, I can get behind.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
User Stats

It's a simple feature which tells you how many readers are reading, planning to read, completed the series, paused or dropped the series.

Untitled-2.jpg

As a reader, you can edit this option from your reading list. The setting is located at the top right corner of the reading list. This setting will apply to all series in your current reading list.

Untitled-2 (1).jpg
Also, now that reading lists have different types, are you going to adjust the definition of "readers" to exclude lists that are "plan to read" or maybe even "dropped"? This is especially important when it comes to SH contests, since one issue I had complained about using "readers" as the winning criteria is that you only need to have a good synopsis and idea and maybe cover, but the actual content could be terrible. A lot of people would be throwing the story in the dropped list or if they didn't have time, the plan to read list, which inflates the reader count.

Last edited:

LostLibrarian

I don't know what to think.
It's really cool to see the additional statistics and give users the alert function a lot of people asked for.
But I also dislike seeing my small reader numbers get even worse through "plan to read" and "dropped"... :D

Great work =)

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Also, now that reading lists have different types, are you going to adjust the definition of "readers" to exclude lists that are "plan to read" or maybe even "dropped"? This is especially important when it comes to SH contests, since one issue I had complained about using "readers" as the winning criteria is that you only need to have a good synopsis and idea and maybe cover, but the actual content could be terrible. A lot of people would be throwing the story in the dropped list or if they didn't have time, the plan to read list, which inflates the reader count.
I think this is a really good idea. Please, tony!

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.

It seems like this was requested quite often in the feature requests forum so I had to do it. You'll get alerts for new chapters for stories you're following from your reading list. By default, this feature is disabled so you'll have to enable it by going into your reading list -> settings (top right corner) -> "Enable Alerts" -> Save.

I haven't experienced this yet, but if the author does a mass release, let's say, would the reader get a notification about every single chapter that was released? Or does it stop at a certain number to not bombard them with that many notifications?

Fastus

Maybe the default option should be Unknown or Unassigned. Nice option anyway.

Lomyril

I have wanted to set up a RSS feed for some new fictions I have been following. Yet, it looks like the button is missing. It looks like the button is missing from all the index pages for all the fictions.

One such example is:
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/221239/returning-transcendent-opens-an-idol-agency/

There is a black bar with "Details", "Glossary" and "Statistics". To the right and just above that bar are the icons for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumbler. The RSS feed button was in this group.

Did the upgrade to the pages remove that button by accident, or is this something that is being phased out?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I have wanted to set up a RSS feed for some new fictions I have been following. Yet, it looks like the button is missing. It looks like the button is missing from all the index pages for all the fictions.

One such example is:
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/221239/returning-transcendent-opens-an-idol-agency/

There is a black bar with "Details", "Glossary" and "Statistics". To the right and just above that bar are the icons for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumbler. The RSS feed button was in this group.

Did the upgrade to the pages remove that button by accident, or is this something that is being phased out?
aaa.jpg

Lomyril

So from what I'm seeing, the individual RSS settings have been consolidated into one. When a novel is added to my ScribbleHub "reading list", any new chapters should appear under combined RSS list. I just need to click on the yellow RSS feed button on the page above and add the new list once.

That'll definitely help. Thanks. =)

EDIT: My consolidated RSS list seems to pull in stories from "Read Later" as well, so it looks like it would notify me of all stories in all reading lists. I can work with that, although it wasn't what I had expected.

2nd EDIT: Looks like the other RSS icon below that (the blue-green color) is what I'm looking for. I think it just gives me the RSS feeds of the series from "Reading List" as opposed to all the novels from all the reading lists I have. XD

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
2nd EDIT: Looks like the other RSS icon below that (the blue-green color) is what I'm looking for. I think it just gives me the RSS feeds of the series from "Reading List" as opposed to all the novels from all the reading lists I have. XD
This is correct~

Death-69

User Stats

View attachment 10040

View attachment 10041

Reviews

For desktop users, reviews are no longer in a tab with the table of contents. It's been moved from the tab so it can get more exposure.

Please report any bugs if you find them.
Oh I was wondering what that was I had a idea though