Looking for a possible ghostwriter or someone who is interested in taking over my story [On Hold]

LordAtem

Hello. I have been working on my story since I was 12 to 13 years old, and several years later started to post the tales of the Sacred Guardians.

It started out great, a lot of Japanese people liking the idea, the lore that would eventually be revealed. Eventually, I was told that I should thing about posting my story on sites and so I started to.

However, I ran into a few problems.

One was that tho the writing wasn't bad, it lacked certain qualities to make it easier for readers to understand and follow. I found someone who was willing to help me out by editing the prologue and chapter 1-6.

Then my health started getting much worse. My problem I have always been ill and getting told it wont improve makes it difficult for me to continue my story that I have spent years on. So, I was told by someone I could look for a ghostwriter or someone who would be interested in taking over the story with just giving me credit for the original idea so to speak.

I am just inquiring at the moment.

I dont want to just abandon this story if I can help it, so I thought that I will try the forum out first.

Update: Just had a letter that came through the post on the weekend for my little brother important hospital surgery, so a ghostwriter is on hold for the moment.

I think I might have posted this in the wrong area.

Last edited:

Mr.Grey-Cat

well. it's indeed the wrong area.
but moving on, I think that not wanting to abandon your novel is indeed normal, so good luck with finding a ghostwrited, or something.

also, pay attention to your health as the priority, otherwise, before you even finish your novel, you may end up reincarnated in it, as some god-like OP MC. not a wise option.

so, again pay attention to your health and good luck with your novel

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Are you planning to pay them anything? Personally, my story is stalled because I have a baby now, but I found someone to pay to finish editing my drafts and eventually write the ending for me, hopefully. I gave them some of my drafts, and they said they would get back to me in October, so hopefully I'll hear from them again soon.

LordAtem

well. it's indeed the wrong area.
but moving on, I think that not wanting to abandon your novel is indeed normal, so good luck with finding a ghostwrited, or something.

also, pay attention to your health as the priority, otherwise, before you even finish your novel, you may end up reincarnated in it, as some god-like OP MC. not a wise option.

so, again pay attention to your health and good luck with your novel
Thank you. And yeah, I had two tabs open and realised to late that I posted in the wrong area. You can't delete a thread so, its stuck here.
Are you planning to pay them anything? Personally, my story is stalled because I have a baby now, but I found someone to pay to finish editing my drafts and eventually write the ending for me, hopefully. I gave them some of my drafts, and they said they would get back to me in October, so hopefully I'll hear from them again soon.
I was going to pay as I know its hard work for people. I also always give credit to the writers in every chapter as they deserve to be noticed.

Hope you are your baby are doing well.

D

Deleted member 57675

Sorry to hear that. Like someone said, focus on health first but good luck with your novel.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Hello. I have been working on my story since I was 12 to 13 years old, and several years later started to post the tales of the Sacred Guardians.

It started out great, a lot of Japanese people liking the idea, the lore that would eventually be revealed. Eventually, I was told that I should thing about posting my story on sites and so I started to.

However, I ran into a few problems.

One was that tho the writing wasn't bad, it lacked certain qualities to make it easier for readers to understand and follow. I found someone who was willing to help me out by editing the prologue and chapter 1-6.

Then my health started getting much worse. My problem I have always been ill and getting told it wont improve makes it difficult for me to continue my story that I have spent years on. So, I was told by someone I could look for a ghostwriter or someone who would be interested in taking over the story with just giving me credit for the original idea so to speak.

I am just inquiring at the moment.

I dont want to just abandon this story if I can help it, so I thought that I will try the forum out first.

I think I might have posted this in the wrong area.
Suggestion. Have you tried writing using voice to write down text?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 42060

I’m interested. I want to take a break from my story, so I want to start writing anew. I’m, however, not sure if I can live up to your expectations.​

Derin_Edala

How much are you looking to pay? That's the first question you'll have to answer to know whether you can get a reliable writer. If you're willing to pay market rates, you'll have no trouble at all finding a skilled and reliable writer who's able to provide evidence of their skills and work to your specifications. If you can't afford that, then you're going to be taking some big risks in terms of story quality and/or author speed and reliability, as you'll be attracting amateurs and/or extremely new ghostwriters. (If you are paying market rates, I'd recommend hiring someone who's already advertising their services as a ghostwriter, from an appropriate agency and/or website, so you know you're getting a professional.)

LordAtem

Might have to talk slower, and about 6 inches away from the mic that usually helps me…
Thanks, I’ll try that.
How much are you looking to pay? That's the first question you'll have to answer to know whether you can get a reliable writer. If you're willing to pay market rates, you'll have no trouble at all finding a skilled and reliable writer who's able to provide evidence of their skills and work to your specifications. If you can't afford that, then you're going to be taking some big risks in terms of story quality and/or author speed and reliability, as you'll be attracting amateurs and/or extremely new ghostwriters. (If you are paying market rates, I'd recommend hiring someone who's already advertising their services as a ghostwriter, from an appropriate agency and/or website, so you know you're getting a professional.)
That’s the question. I do have some money that I can pay for chspters. However, I don’t have the budget to get like skilled writer for the work. I would probably look for someone who is in between to fit my budget. I have found a website which have a lot of ghostwriters, so I will look on their after my brother had his hospital surgery done, that is going to be my top priority for the moment.
I’m interested. I want to take a break from my story, so I want to start writing anew. I’m, however, not sure if I can live up to your expectations.​
Looking at my options at the moment, but currently I have to put on hold.

Last edited: