How to deal with this monster?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So I have a thought to create a chimera that my MC and group needs to beat. The problem is I am going overboard with the monster.

The scenario is that they are in a crowded city, a lunatic wizard dabble in monster frankensteining decides to screw with them by opening up a portal in the sky and middle of the city to airdrop his latest shock troopers to the gang. The monster is a highly mutated troll with the strength of an ogre, pain receptors removed and arms changed to cannons and flamethrowers like the mancubus in Doom with different varient of plasma cannon, kinetic weapon, heat blades and chain swords. Also as a kicker to the gang, the large monster is also granted the ability to use four spells as its extra racial traits, namely Enlarge, Contagion, Greater Invisbility and Boots of Elvenkind (Silenced footsteps).

The beast has also been lobotomized and only feels rage and hunger so it can't ve charmed or frightened. And somehow it has resistance to fire and magic and its regeneration rate is absurd like Wolverine's. Though upon death, there is an explosive devices embedded to cause the corpse to be blown to small chunks and spread the diseased body far and wide.

Also there are an average of three to five dropping from the sky per second and already fifteen has landed and using their traits.

MC is Marvel's HulkxDeadpool, while the rest of the gang consist of Kraugel, McCree and a generic wizard who can't use Wish nor knows how to close the portal.

The issue becomes how to clear them out while reducing casualties.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So I have a thought to create a chimera that my MC and group needs to beat. The problem is I am going overboard with the monster.

The scenario is that they are in a crowded city, a lunatic wizard dabble in monster frankensteining decides to screw with them by opening up a portal in the sky and middle of the city to airdrop his latest shock troopers to the gang. The monster is a highly mutated troll with the strength of an ogre, pain receptors removed and arms changed to cannons and flamethrowers like the mancubus in Doom with different varient of plasma cannon, kinetic weapon, heat blades and chain swords. Also as a kicker to the gang, the large monster is also granted the ability to use four spells as its extra racial traits, namely Enlarge, Contagion, Greater Invisbility and Boots of Elvenkind (Silenced footsteps).

The beast has also been lobotomized and only feels rage and hunger so it can't ve charmed or frightened. And somehow it has resistance to fire and magic and its regeneration rate is absurd like Wolverine's. Though upon death, there is an explosive devices embedded to cause the corpse to be blown to small chunks and spread the diseased body far and wide.

Also there are an average of three to five dropping from the sky per second and already fifteen has landed and using their traits.

MC is Marvel's HulkxDeadpool, while the rest of the gang consist of Kraugel, McCree and a generic wizard who can't use Wish nor knows how to close the portal.

So a Hulk and deadpool character? Combined? Is this a fanfic type of deal? Cuz hulk cant hab his full power when he is still sane. When he has awareness and intelligence his strength is weakened. Woldbreaker hulk would make short work of those things, but any hulk with a sound mind would not be that powerful.

I would try to heed them somewhere. Not fight them. Perhaps trap them somehow. Or possibly turn them against such other? Depends on your powers and resources, also location.

Regardless, I would not fight them head on. That's just dumb. If nothing else, hide. Use a camo spell, maybe. I dunno, just dont and fight them

I mean, my MC would probably try to drug them, or befriend them, or fuck them, or start running like crrazy. But he's an insane bastard so that's not an option here.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So a Hulk and deadpool character? Combined? Is this a fanfic type of deal? Cuz hulk cant hab his full power when he is still sane. When he has awareness and intelligence his strength is weakened. Woldbreaker hulk would make short work of those things, but any hulk with a sound mind would not be that powerful.

I would try to heed them somewhere. Not fight them. Perhaps trap them somehow. Or possibly turn them against such other? Depends on your powers and resources, also location.

Regardless, I would not fight them head on. That's just dumb. If nothing else, hide. Use a camo spell, maybe. I dunno, just dont and fight them

I mean, my MC would probably try to drug them, or befriend them, or fuck them, or start running like crrazy. But he's an insane bastard so that's not an option here.
Nah, it is not a fanfic, it is blatant ripoff CN style. :p

Though jokes aside, it is more like I give my MC increased strength and defense to the point of Hulk and throw an auto regen in cuz I know the berserker fucker will die while in battle.

Also, somehow my MC grew a heart from all the regicides he commited, plus the fact that he wants to bone the queen and princess in the city, that's why he wants to prevent the catastrophe.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Nah, it is not a fanfic, it is blatant ripoff CN style. :p

Though jokes aside, it is more like I give my MC increased strength and defense to the point of Hulk and throw an auto regen in cuz I know the berserker fucker will die while in battle.

Also, somehow my MC grew a heart from all the regicides he commited, plus the fact that he wants to bone the queen and princess in the city, that's why he wants to prevent the catastrophe.
So basically Conan on steroids

Jemini

If you are having difficulty figuring out how to defeat it, then I take that to mean your power-scaling places your party well below this creature. That being the case, this is a pretty good chance to fight the thing with a clever use of the weaknesses, which you very kindly provided in your description already.

Ok, 1st off, I am going to assume you mean a D&D troll. (Pre-D&D trolls did not have a healing factor, and they also turned to stone in the sunlight.) That being the case, it's not going to have the natural troll weaknesses of earlier versions of the creature.

So, assuming we are talking a D&D troll, I will come up with a solution that involves taking the healing factor into account.

What you want to do is get a bunch of small blades, and then jam them into the creature's joints and just leave them there and back off. (preferably the legs.) Having no pain receptors and being lobotomized means that the thing will not be able to realize it has a knife in it, and every knife you jam in will make it more clumsy. Meanwhile, being lobotomized will make it so it will not realize that there's a problem even when it falls face-first on the ground no longer able to stand correctly due to how badly it's legs have been mutilated.

Even if it does realize though, having it's arms replaced with cannons means that it wouldn't even have the ability to pull the knives out anyway.

I think you have a bigger problem here though if you are defining this as a D&D troll though. Why doesn't it's healing factor just reverse all of the wizard's tampering? It should be able to grow back it's lobotomized brain and it's pain receptors, and the arms growing back should push out the cannons.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
So if nuking the city is not an option, I guess we'll have to go with plan B... If the beast has resistance to fire, I guess the only choice is to use ice. But, since the beast has flamethrowers and cannons, ice would not be that effective...

Plan C it is then.

I can only think about killing the beast with fall damage like in DnD. Although that would depend whether or not one of your characters could use teleport on the chimera. Otherwise, you would have to push the thing down a cliff. :blob_hmm:
I think you have a bigger problem here though if you are defining this as a D&D troll though. Why doesn't it's healing factor just reverse all of the wizard's tampering? It should be able to grow back it's lobotomized brain and it's pain receptors, and the arms growing back should push out the cannons.
Damn... That's a big plothole... :sweating_profusely:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
If you are having difficulty figuring out how to defeat it, then I take that to mean your power-scaling places your party well below this creature. That being the case, this is a pretty good chance to fight the thing with a clever use of the weaknesses, which you very kindly provided in your description already.

Ok, 1st off, I am going to assume you mean a D&D troll. (Pre-D&D trolls did not have a healing factor, and they also turned to stone in the sunlight.) That being the case, it's not going to have the natural troll weaknesses of earlier versions of the creature.

So, assuming we are talking a D&D troll, I will come up with a solution that involves taking the healing factor into account.

What you want to do is get a bunch of small blades, and then jam them into the creature's joints and just leave them there and back off. (preferably the legs.) Having no pain receptors and being lobotomized means that the thing will not be able to realize it has a knife in it, and every knife you jam in will make it more clumsy. Meanwhile, being lobotomized will make it so it will not realize that there's a problem even when it falls face-first on the ground no longer able to stand correctly due to how badly it's legs have been mutilated.

Even if it does realize though, having it's arms replaced with cannons means that it wouldn't even have the ability to pull the knives out anyway.

I mean a lot of healing factors make that plan useless. The knives would be pushed out. Well I dont know it's EXACT abilities and its limitations tho. Kt every healing factor is the same. For example, hydras are always said to be weak to fire cuz it prevents them from healing their heads. Even tho that's kinds bullshit

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

I had this same thought when I was crafting this monster and trying to shove as many goodies like the greater invisibility spell and the stomach bomb used by Heath Ledger.

I didn't had an answer and didn't cared about it.

But since you asked, I will now try and BS my way out of it.

Apparently trolls can mutate to fit their surrounding better (courtesy of MrRhexx), cut off one head and they might regrow the head or two. So in the wizard's case, he has found a way to mess with the genes of the troll so much so that the self-regen isn't affecting the cannons, lobotomy and other craps.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
I mean a lot of healing factors make that plan useless. The knives would be pushed out. Well I dont know it's EXACT abilities and its limitations tho. Kt every healing factor is the same. For example, hydras are always said to be weak to fire cuz it prevents them from healing their heads. Even tho that's kinds bullshit
I mean, it would make more sense to freeze their necks. (I love ice magic lul.) :blob_joy:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So if nuking the city is not an option, I guess we'll have to go with plan B... If the beast has resistance to fire, I guess the only choice is to use ice. But, since the beast has flamethrowers and cannons, ice would not be that effective...

Plan C it is then.

I can only think about killing the beast with fall damage like in DnD. Although that would depend whether or not one of your characters could use teleport on the chimera. Otherwise, you would have to push the thing down a cliff. :blob_hmm:

Damn... That's a big plothole... :sweating_profusely:
...men. depending on the abilities of your characters there are actually a lot of ways to deal with them.

Sorry,I was kinda drunk my last reply here and wasnt thinking. I'm more sober now.
I mean, it would make more sense to freeze their necks. (I love ice magic lul.) :blob_joy:
Yeah. Sever their spinal cord and freeze it. Prevent or at least slow regeneration of the cells. Would work

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Attack it’s soul.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Attack it’s soul.
Kraugel can sever reality with Heart Sword, McCree can High Noon their vitals, mr generic-wizard-that-placed-in-for-contractual-reason might have something for soul attack...

All my MC can do is yeet the doubled in size, eight times heavy trolls out the city.

...Shit, the wizard needs to deal with the issue of the increased mass due to Enlarge...

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Kraugel can sever reality with Heart Sword, McCree can High Noon their vitals, mr generic-wizard-that-placed-in-for-contractual-reason might have something for soul attack...

All my MC can do is yeet the doubled in size, eight times heavy trolls out the city.

...Shit, the wizard needs to deal with the issue of the increased mass due to Enlarge...
Ya cant kill them so find a way to render them helpless, at least for a while.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
There's also the thing that you need to kill the troll before it goes full assassins creed on the party with its invisibility... :sweating_profusely:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Ya cant kill them so find a way to render them helpless, at least for a while.
Hilariously, I tried the combo of greater invisibility plus silent footstep because trolls can't fly and I want the predator moment, but imagining a 20 feet or six meter tall (cuz Enlarged) creature that is lumbering (eight times mass) while spreading diseases (Contagion) is a lot retarded, now that I think about it.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Hilariously, I tried the combo of greater invisibility plus silent footstep because trolls can't fly and I want the predator moment, but imagining a 20 feet or six meter tall (cuz Enlarged) creature that is lumbering (eight times mass) while spreading diseases (Contagion) is a lot retarded, now that I think about it.
Yeah just suddenly imagine being shot in the back by that thing... Even if its initial attack doesn't kill you, the diseases will :blob_hmm:

SuperHeiyan

Wait, uninterupting invsibility and no teleport?
Can heroes just mark suspicious direction with paint or something?
Also, wizard probably should use area denial and movement restriction abilities on ground.
I mean, If it was Pathfinder then the Pit is a way.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Wait, uninterupting invsibility and no teleport?
Can heroes just mark suspicious direction with paint or something?
Also, wizard probably should use area denial and movement restriction abilities on ground.
I mean, If it was Pathfinder then the Pit is a way.
Ah yes, the superior strategy! Just throw the monster on a pit and then bombard it with everything you have until it dies. :blob_evil:

LesserSarcasm

What kind of fire is it resitant to, pretty sure a clorinetrifluride fire would do wonders at putting them down the heat from that alone would melt their arm cannon shiuld they sweat well the chemical would explode and well heat + vigorous oxygenated fires are pretty good at containing toxins, rapid heals dont really help agsinst something that can set fire to concrete

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
All this kinetic Energy and heat along with magic abilities should have a primary source(s) cores or some idea of where all this energy originates when it's released. What happens when they overheat, or even explode from the inside? Not to mention I have to wonder how much this combo of energies clash with each other internally creating some kind of exploitable window.