SSSC V

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
Is it allowed if the short story gets used in a future series (currently non-existant)?

@Alverost I think he means if the story published then can be made into a series/volume AFTER the competition (cuz that's what Im also wondering)

sak-chii

Where Do we Summit?

You post it usual and after posting, go to the details and at the end, you'll see this

Screenshot_20190914-082717_Samsung Internet.jpg

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I'm gonna go completely off the rocker with this one! I'm gonna write the saddest story you will ever read and it'll be a huge collection of poems with an overarching story! Prepare to cry! Unless poetry isn't allowed... and in that case... R.I.P. (insert pun here).

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I'm gonna go completely off the rocker with this one! I'm gonna write the saddest story you will ever read and it'll be a huge collection of poems with an overarching story! Prepare to cry! Unless poetry isn't allowed... and in that case... R.I.P. (insert pun here).
Poetry is allowed

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Just a tip for any author thinking about entering, at the end of the story you should include an author note informing the reader how to vote for the competition.

sak-chii

Just a tip for any author thinking about entering, at the end of the story you should include an author note informing the reader how to vote for the competition.

Even I dont k ow how to vote

ShinUon

General but related question: All series seem to have covers. Authors are writers and not necessarily artists, so how are authors in general going about making covers?

sak-chii

General but related question: All series seem to have covers. Authors are writers and not necessarily artists, so how are authors in general going about making covers?

Sometimes. the writers draw. Some writers like me get it from sources like pinterest. Others get commission artist to draw

ShinUon

Well, the cover of it at least must be a Graveyard. However, what you do with the Graveyard is up to you. It can be an entrance to hell or a secret base or like you suggested a hotel.

On the flip side, is it also fair game to not call it a Graveyard and instead some euphemism?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Not sure how this is related to SSSC in general and this would be more fitting in its own thread. However, a lot of authors here just use simple cover making app/website. Or they would commission artist to create art for their story.

On the flip side, is it also fair game to not call it a Graveyard and instead some euphemism?
Yes.

Zero300

Can I submit more than one story for the contest? If so, can I use the same prompt as the other ones?

ShinUon

Not sure how this is related to SSSC in general and this would be more fitting in its own thread. However, a lot of authors here just use simple cover making app/website. Or they would commission artist to create art for their story.

I thought it was more applicable to SSSC since commissioning art for one-off series doesn't seem to make a lot of financial sense.

I can work graphics software so I don't need cover making web apps, but the issue is more about the stock images and potential copyright issues. Was wondering how people handle that when not commissioning, which seems more likely on SSSC submissions.

Last edited: