Does Time Matters?

OtakuKen

I've just been uploading consistently between 7 to 9 PM EST but there has not been much growth in viewership, in fact, I think it's slowly going down. But then I headed over to other books and saw that other books had similar patterns where they would have a large spice at some point in viewership and slowly decrease afterwards. It looks like a heart rate monitor to be honest. Do you think there is there a specific time when you can garner the most views, or is being a consistent uploader a better path to follow? Lmk what you think.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
The spikes are just them making it to trending or when they posted a chapter.

OtakuKen

The spikes are just them making it to trending or when they posted a chapter.
I don't think so, because I've had random spikes and I'm a completely new writer to this website. I also post chapter daily so views shouldn't fluctuate that much from day to day in my opinion. Then again I haven't been here for very long so you are probably right.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I don't think so, because I've had random spikes and I'm a completely new writer to this website. I also post chapter daily so views shouldn't fluctuate that much from day to day in my opinion. Then again I haven't been here for very long so you are probably right.
Yes, views can fluctuate from day to day because of trending. You do not get to be on trending two days in a row(there are rare exceptions where you do which I’ve noticed but those are pretty rare. Never will you be on trending three days in a row.)

Another factor that leads to diminishing views over time is because you slowly get pushed down on trending every other day you’re on it. A weight factor is assigned everytime you make it high on trending. Eventually when your growth/engagement/retention in relation to trending is beaten by this weight factor you drop off trending. The days you are very low on trending that weight factor gradually decays with time. At least it’s something like that.

Last edited:

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
I've just been uploading consistently between 7 to 9 PM EST but there has not been much growth in viewership, in fact, I think it's slowly going down. But then I headed over to other books and saw that other books had similar patterns where they would have a large spice at some point in viewership and slowly decrease afterwards. It looks like a heart rate monitor to be honest. Do you think there is there a specific time when you can garner the most views, or is being a consistent uploader a better path to follow? Lmk what you think.
Well yes, but actually no.
Weekends and holidays like Thanksgiving were days with lower numbers for me. The time of the day at which I upload doesn't seem to have any influence (all data I have could be statistical errors) Even the days are a meh difference

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Most of my early readers came from tag searches, specifically from "recently updated" Sort by whatever tag they were most interested in. A story usually lasts a whole day on the 1st page after posting (some tags las longer but they are also searched less)

Your time at recently updated lasts only 30-60 min at best most of the time and it is heavily reliant on the quality of your cover (booba coefficient) Maybe a bit on the title if it is a catchy one.

I had also tried to post at different times of the day and didn't really see much difference across the entire day.

As such, in my opinion, it usually matters that you post daily\once every two days rather than the specific time of the day.