Site pirating books from Scribblehub

RiahWeston

Found a site pirating books from the site to download as pdf. What's best course of action since about to publish book and well obviously its a seedy site that I can't contact cause no contact information.

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
Found two of my novels there, hehe, I don't know why but I'm quite happy that people pirated my stupid novels. Although they didn't name the author so...anyways.

Here's a cookie :blob_cookie: 🍪 🍪🍪

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Don't link to pirate sites... *sighs*

And yes, there are sites that pirate novels posted on other websites. If you're posting something on an online writing platform, you should expect bots to scrap your content and repost it somewhere else.

It's not something new and there is nothing that can be done about it. Just turn a blind eye to it and move on.

LostLibrarian

Found a site pirating books from the site to download as pdf. What's best course of action since about to publish book and well obviously its a seedy site that I can't contact cause no contact information.
Don't publish stuff online for free if you want to sell it afterwards.
And if you want to sell stuff you published online, edit and rework it and that will become the reason people will buy your book.

But the moment you put your stuff out in the open, it'll stay in the open.
Just accept it and make the published version so good, people will still buy it.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Don't publish stuff online for free if you want to sell it afterwards.
And if you want to sell stuff you published online, edit and rework it and that will become the reason people will buy your book.

But the moment you put your stuff out in the open, it'll stay in the open.
Just accept it and make the published version so good, people will still buy it.
"everything you put on the internet will always stay on the internet" is a fitting saying for this situation.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
"everything you put on the internet will always stay on the internet" is a fitting saying for this situation.
The first attempt at a novel I ever tried writing and publishing online was in 07/2015 on blogger and it cannot be found anywhere. It has been forever wiped from the canals of history, never to be remembered. It was available on the web for like 4-5 years, but I went and deleted it when I remembered that cursed thing 1-2 years ago after I tried picking up writing again. I still have that cursed piece of writing sitting around in my drive.

oh lol, i actually found my random drabbles in here, with my Ao3 page advertisement.

i don't see my other stuff in SH tho, so it probably needs to at least get a bit popular to get 'ripped'

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
So I found mine on three different sites that I don't use. I contacted one of them last night and they removed it for me without complaint.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Found mine there to. And wow I think it my old version.
I am now deemed famous
Call me almighty Brick-San

LilTV1155

Where? What are the names of those pirating sites?
............ Bots don't steal pictures, do they?

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
F1074B70-A3E7-4C87-9658-A6799EDCD185.jpeg

I just looked up my books name, and these appeared

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Where? What are the names of those pirating sites?
............ Bots don't steal pictures, do they?
Don't ask, you're not supposed to advertise pirate sites on those forums (and yes, talking about their names openly and/or linking them is advertising them)... Though it's fine to discuss about piracy in general.

And yes, scrapper bots do steal covers. It's not particularly hard to do so.

LilTV1155

Don't ask, you're not supposed to advertise pirate sites on those forums (and yes, talking about their names openly and/or linking them is advertising them)... Though it's fine to discuss about piracy in general.

And yes, scrapper bots do steal covers. It's not particularly hard to do so.
Ok. So even illustration contents inside the story will also be affected too. But will the worth of stealing it be considered, if the drawing picture's quality is ridiculously bad and .......... nvm. I think they might try to copy stick figures for a grand selling.

Who know? They might get laughed at for using kid's doodles instead of pretty drawings. Not to mention, some of these drawings may contain the creator's signatures.
-
Scenario What-Ifs
Bot - Look master! I found you a story!
Pirate - This look nice!
Client - . . . . Isn't this just a kid's drawing? Did you just stole a kid's essay or something? Are we that dumb? What a ripoff!

Last edited:

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
Ok. So even illustration contents inside the story will also be affected too. But will the worth of stealing it be considered, if the drawing picture's quality is ridiculously bad and .......... nvm. I think they might try to copy stick figures for a grand selling.

Who know? They might get laughed at for using kid's doodles instead of pretty drawings. Not to mention, some of these drawings may contain the creator's signatures.
-
Scenario What-Ifs
Bot - Look master! I found you a story!
Pirate - This look nice!
Client - . . . . Isn't this just a kid's drawing? Did you just stole a kid's essay or something? Are we that dumb? What a ripoff!
You're thinking too much about this. Just ignore it, whatever happens happen. It's not like you're being targeted. Your stuff is online = it gets everywhere.