Recommendations Isekai actually steals someone important

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
You know, in most of those isekai stories we (usually) have some unimportant person from Earth (who sometimes doesn't even want to stay on Earth), be kidnapped (sometimes even after death) to another world and be given very much power. That... Kinda irks me (although I sorta kinda wrote a story with this premise but my hypocrisy notwithstanding, it still is not a premise I enjoy a lot). In the end, we have a kind of a victimless crime situation, where everyone is happy and all is well.
And I get it, escapism is the point. But I don't like it much anyway.
Wouldn't kidnapping an important person (like the president of some huge country) make more sense? Like, imagine this. Your civilization is at peril. Your world is at peril even. You really need something to change the game, so you resort to cannibalising other worlds for vital resources in it.
Having the main character go "I can't be here, my people need me, unhand me" seems more grounded and seem to have higher stakes than other alternatives.
I'm sure someone wrote a story similar to what I have described already.
Give recs.

D

Deleted member 54065

Gods love to play around with humans. If it's a VIP from Earth, the element of 'wtf' is somehow lessened, coz that dude knows what to do.

But yeah, just an opinion.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Because "Important" people are usually more useless than you'd think without the specific infrastructure of our worlds culture. Still, it could be a fun way to offload some billionaires.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
You know, in most of those isekai stories we (usually) have some unimportant person from Earth (who sometimes doesn't even want to stay on Earth), be kidnapped (sometimes even after death) to another world and be given very much power. That... Kinda irks me (although I sorta kinda wrote a story with this premise but my hypocrisy notwithstanding, it still is not a premise I enjoy a lot). In the end, we have a kind of a victimless crime situation, where everyone is happy and all is well.
Wouldn't kidnapping an important person (like the president of some huge country) make more sense? Like, imagine this. Your civilization is at peril. Your world is at peril even. You really need something to change the game, so you resort to cannibalising other worlds for vital resources in it.
Having the main character go "I can't be here, my people need me, unhand me" seems more grounded and seem to have higher stakes than other alternatives.
Give recs.
it does make sense, but theres sometimes a caveat like "oh the magic spell chose the person most likely able to solve our problems" which always sounds like bullshit but, eh, i just roll with it.

I do remember one story about a group of friends who are like, super geniuses and became the top of their chosen professions at very early ages. Like they probably weren't older than 20? like maybe even not 18...but one friend was about to become the prime minister and another was some businessman. Another was like a mad scientist.

And they got isekai'd during a plane flight i think, and so they just started kingdom building in the first village they got to lol.
Where is my Donald Trump isekai?
Reading about that boy gaslighting an entire fantasy world would be the highlight of my day.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Give recs.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
it does make sense, but theres sometimes a caveat like "oh the magic spell chose the person most likely able to solve our problems" which always sounds like bullshit but, eh, i just roll with it.

I do remember one story about a group of friends who are like, super geniuses and became the top of their chosen professions at very early ages. Like they probably weren't older than 20? like maybe even not 18...but one friend was about to become the prime minister and another was some businessman. Another was like a mad scientist.

And they got isekai'd during a plane flight i think, and so they just started kingdom building in the first village they got to lol.

Reading about that boy gaslighting an entire fantasy world would be the highlight of my day.
"We are going to build a wall and the elves will pay for it."

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
I am lawful good, trust me! I am very good at magic, I took all these tests, and they say I'm very good! I will make the Middle Plains great again! I won in the war against the Demon Lord! By a lot (he didn't)! Gnomes messed with the summoning!
His actual tweets are way funnier.

When I said that the evil villainess got schlonged by the hero, it meant got beaten badly. The guild knows this. Often used word in storytelling!

I have never seen a thin mage drinking diet mana potions.

Healthy young cultivator goes to alchemist, gets pumped with massive shot of many potions, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Isekai is just a lazy plot device to make the mc a clueless surrogate because designing a character with a complex backstory actually requires the author to do the planning thing. Better make the mc a faceless idiot without past, particular skills, or past life attachments. Like a faceless video game mc for player to control.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Isekai is just a lazy plot device to make the mc a clueless surrogate because designing a character with a complex backstory actually requires the author to do the planning thing. Better make the mc a faceless idiot without past, particular skills, or past life attachments. Like a faceless video game mc for player to control.
"Why put effort into something you actually enjoy, when you can get thousands of views from a simple stapled together harem smut?" --Average Isekai Author.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Because "Important" people are usually more useless than you'd think without the specific infrastructure of our worlds culture. Still, it could be a fun way to offload some billionaires.
And often times more negatively impacting society.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Guy who has just invented the cure to all cancer suddenly gets whisked away with the hard drive containing his unpublished research. Every other chapter is how he keeps checking on it to make sure it's free of dust and debris. Overly paranoid of letting his work go since he's an average human being that didn't memorize a few terabytes of calculations.

Demon lord notices he has an obsession of it and purposefully puts effort in obtaining the hard drive thinking it is a mcguffin that will cause his downfall. Scientist can't catch a break the whole story in-between the demon lord attacks, having to study to get access to high magic, figuring out how to go past his field of study into magical quantum mechanics to get back home and finding ways to preserve the hard drive.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Danganronpa? Ah, fanfiction awaits!

Every other chapter is how he keeps checking on it to make sure it's free of dust and debris.
Not gonna lie, I'd read this.