What is your ultimate tags-combo in a story?

BlackKnightX

>>You can make up your own tags. It doesn’t have to exist in any of the web novel sites. If you like it, then just add it.<<

———

Mine is this: isekai + monster evolution + kingdom building + loyal servant + ability steal + ability assimilation + 18+ (This one is very important, if you know what I mean~ *wink*) + badass mc + confident mc + calm mc + overpowered mc + attractive mc + ruthless mc + flirtatious mc.

The list still goes on and on, but this is the ultimate combo of what I really wanna read in a story. What’s yours?

SailusGebel

I see. What if the GL, BL, and GB is very well-written, though? Would you read it?
I won't mind if they are not the main part of the story. What if it's the main focus of the story? I might read BL, I guess? But only because I've read Ao no Flag and found it somewhat interesting. But it's not technically BL, so I don't know. In the end, I think I won't read any of the mentioned genres if they are the main focus of the story.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
>>You can make up your own tags. It doesn’t have to exist in any of the web novel sites. If you like it, then just add it.<<

———

Mine is this: isekai + monster evolution + kingdom building + loyal servant + ability steal + ability assimilation + 18+ (This one is very important, if you know what I mean~ *wink*) + badass mc + confident mc + calm mc + overpowered mc + attractive mc + ruthless mc + flirtatious mc.

The list still goes on and on, but this is the ultimate combo of what I really wanna read in a story. What’s yours?
Playboy MC, charming MC, Affairs, Netori, harem, comedy, yandere,

Any combo of at least 3 of these does it for me.

I like playboy MCs. Dunno why. They just dont seem like pushovers, I guess? I've recently gotten into the "reincarnated into rich villain" stories which basically hit my tastes perfectly.
I won't mind if they are not the main part of the story. What if it's the main focus of the story? I might read BL, I guess? But only because I've read Ao no Flag and found it somewhat interesting. But it's not technically BL, so I don't know. In the end, I think I won't read any of the mentioned genres if they are the main focus of the story.
I ain't ever read a BL story, but is the bromance is good...forget the other harem, man. Be with your homie, dawg.

SailusGebel

I've recently gotten into the "reincarnated into rich villain" stories which basically hit my tastes perfectly.
Do you have any good recommendations? I also stumbled upon them recently, and I thought it's an interesting concept, but I can't tolerate the MCs in the novels I've seen. All of them are too much of a jerk to my taste.

BlackKnightX

Playboy MC, charming MC, Affairs, Netori, harem, comedy, yandere,

Any combo of at least 3 of these does it for me.

I like playboy MCs. Dunno why. They just dont seem like pushovers, I guess? I've recently gotten into the "reincarnated into rich villain" stories which basically hit my tastes perfectly.
Damn, bro. You’ve been consumed by the devil~ lol

I agree with you on the playboy MCs, though. I like an mc who isn’t a pushovers and is very confident and badass and such.

NTR never does it for me, though. I can read it, but I prefer not to.

male protagonist + anti hero, just to ensure I'm reading semi-realistic characters. harem is also appreciated

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Tragedy + Comedy + Horror + maybe Psychological + Not-shitty-writing

I also prefer if the MC is generally "good" or morally grey and not "evil". Overpoweredness needs a lot of flaws or challenges to make up for it.

Stories like that are somewhat uncommon though, so I can just forgo a tag or three and still enjoy.

Last edited:

EternalSunset0

I actually don't have a lot to give in terms of a "hard list" but I guess I'll be attracted to something with a combination like

Beautiful female lead, friendship, introverted protagonist, harem, enemies to lovers, softcore bondage (I know kidnapping and BDSM exist as tags but I'm rather vanilla on this thing so I figured I just create my own tag), academy, clumsy love interests.

Something like that. I feel with the exception of softcore bondage, I described most battle academy series (and even JRPGs like Trails of Cold Steel). Haha, can't help if it's the genre I grew up loving and indulging myself in when I was still in my "formative years" of weebdom.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Damn, bro. You’ve been consumed by the devil~ lol
Im down diabolical
I agree with you on the playboy MCs, though. I like an mc who isn’t a pushovers and is very confident and badass and such.
Yeah thats exactly my reasoning, mate.
NTR never does it for me, though. I can read it, but I prefer not to.
I find it ineresting how you worded that. Are you just mentioning ntr, or are you using in interchangeably with netori? Cuz that's the thing, netori ISNT ntr.
Or at least, thas what everyone wants you to believe.

In our circles, netori is distinguished by being from the perspective of the MC who "seduces" someone else's lover or love interest.

NTR is from the perspective of someone OTHER than the MC who "steals" the MCs lover or love interest. Often through manipulation and rape, interestingly enough. Really just to add to the despair factor. But manipulation and rape don't have to be present, the MC just has to be cucked.

Me, though, i realize that either fucking way, someone is getting cucked. Also, in NTR there's this, like, obvious character who is SUPPOSED to be the stand-in for the MC...but isn't the MC really just the dude who all this centers around? Basically, the guy doing the cucking.

I also find it pretty damn hypocritical how in NTR the writers usually do include the manipulation/rape factor, and also the fat/ugly bastard factors too. Like i said, its really just to add to the despair parts of it so you feel shitty for the "MC"

Everyone loses their minds over NTR but Netori is supposedly fine? Like, its the same thing in truth.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Interesting topic. My tags would be: Smut (I am a smut writer, you know), Romance, Yandere, Kuudere, Wealthy Characters, School life, Beautiful Female Lead, Slice of Life, Adult, Cooking, Arranged Marriage, Childhood Friends turned to lovers etc.

I cant list them all down because it will probably be like a WN Chapter if i do it.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
polyandry + polyamory + heterosexual + Seto Kaiba + Mokuba Kaiba + smut + wish fulfillment + romance + brotherhusbands

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
polyandry + polyamory + heterosexual + Seto Kaiba + Mokuba Kaiba + smut + wish fulfillment + romance + brotherhusbands
I really don't get the brother thing.
Like either you're the incest surrogate they discard once one "accidentally" sticks it in the wrong hole.
Or you'll have to listen to pool pushing grievances as you're getting spitroasted.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I really don't get the brother thing.
Like either you're the incest surrogate they discard once one "accidentally" sticks it in the wrong hole.
Or you'll have to listen to pool pushing grievances as you're getting spitroasted.

BlackKnightX

Tragedy + Comedy + Horror + maybe Psychological + Not-shitty-writing

I also prefer if the MC is generally "good" or morally grey and not "evil". Overpoweredness needs a lot of flaws or challenges to make up for it.

Stories like that are somewhat uncommon though, so I can just forgo a tag or three and still enjoy.
It is uncommon in web novels, yes; it is considered a niche and has the whole different target audience altogether. If you’re into those kind of things, then I suggest you should go for the mainstream novels, instead.
I find it ineresting how you worded that. Are you just mentioning ntr, or are you using in interchangeably with netori? Cuz that's the thing, netori ISNT ntr.
Or at least, thas what everyone wants you to believe.

In our circles, netori is distinguished by being from the perspective of the MC who "seduces" someone else's lover or love interest.

NTR is from the perspective of someone OTHER than the MC who "steals" the MCs lover or love interest. Often through manipulation and rape, interestingly enough. Really just to add to the despair factor. But manipulation and rape don't have to be present, the MC just has to be cucked.

Me, though, i realize that either fucking way, someone is getting cucked. Also, in NTR there's this, like, obvious character who is SUPPOSED to be the stand-in for the MC...but isn't the MC really just the dude who all this centers around? Basically, the guy doing the cucking.

I also find it pretty damn hypocritical how in NTR the writers usually do include the manipulation/rape factor, and also the fat/ugly bastard factors too. Like i said, its really just to add to the despair parts of it so you feel shitty for the "MC"

Everyone loses their minds over NTR but Netori is supposedly fine? Like, its the same thing in truth.
Let’s just say if your girls get stolen from you, then that’s a big no-no for me, but if you are the one who steal others’ girls, then it’s alright.

Selfish, I know, but that’s just how it is.

Though, like I said, I prefer there’s no stealing girls going on in the story at all. Just a playboy mc seduces girls who are single is the best, imo.
Interesting topic. My tags would be: Smut (I am a smut writer, you know), Romance, Yandere, Kuudere, Wealthy Characters, School life, Beautiful Female Lead, Slice of Life, Adult, Cooking, Arranged Marriage, Childhood Friends turned to lovers etc.

I cant list them all down because it will probably be like a WN Chapter if i do it.
Oh, man. Let’s get along~ lol

Last edited: