Harem or One Heroine?

Cixious_CZ

I have decided to add some romance in my story because I deemed it necessary for the plot I write, I'm not used to writing romance so it's quite difficult for me, I don't want the heroine/s just to be a side character, a tool for my story, I don't know if my readers would like it or not but my mind keeps on telling me that I really should add romance so I don't just follow other my inspiration for the work, in your opinion guys, do you prefer harem or just romance between the MC and a single heroine?

Agentt

Thighs
I have decided to add some romance in my story because I deemed it necessary for the plot I write, I'm not used to writing romance so it's quite difficult for me, I don't want the heroine/s just to be a side character, a tool for my story, I don't know if my readers would like it or not but my mind keeps on telling me that I really should add romance so I don't just follow other my inspiration for the work, in your opinion guys, do you prefer harem or just romance between the MC and a single heroine?
Honestly, if you can, do harem, but writing harem is near impossible if your genre isn't romance, because their are so many characters to develop. So, if you can devote like every 1 in 3 chapter to every character, do harem

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I think that it entirely depends on the writing. Though I am partial to a single heroine I don't dislike harem stories. Just make sure you don't focus too much on the romance and ruin your story. I think there was a thread on unnecessary romance ruining stories so I would check that out and make sure you don't make any of those mistakes when writing the romance in.

Redemit

I'd say if you want to take good try at it go with one or maybe 2 at most generally beyond that and it just ends up a mess with completely useless characters more can be well done but the more you add the worse it tends to get

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Horrible writing is haram. Regardless with or without harem. So if you think you want to do it, do it. But get ready for the blowbacks.

Ai-chan runs away now.

VoxPopulist

I would say it depends a lot on your writing and story so far, if a harem would not work and not fit well with the developed characters, don't do it. If you think it can work or want it to work, be careful that it doesn't detract from the main emphasis of the story.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
If you don't know how to write romance, you think you'll be able to pull off harem well? Makes sense.

AKnightWithaKnife

Don’t ever right harem as a side part. If the harem isn’t the main focus of the story don’t even bother in doing it. Unless you want a Mc who’s either fucking stupid or just horny to the point that’s it’s annoying

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
you're welcome youngling. just remember to give them different personalities unless you wanna have 2 of them fight to the death

Different personalities will fight to death a lot more than similar personalities that can communicate on the same wavelength