Things you like to do before writing?

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
Depends on the content, but listening to music while reading about similar content really helps. If I want to make a battle scene, then read a novel with good battle scenes while listening to adrenaline pumping music. Stuff like that.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Rub laptop, clear couch, stack pillows and dim lights... I cannot write properly if I didn't do these things. I could have written more in the office but the feeling just won't cooperate :'(

Sinpathy

I think reading other novels with a similar genre helps the most. Puts you in that zone, whereas music sometimes get distracting real quick.
Also helps if you jot down inspirations in a notepad consistently. I do it on the phone so I don't forget them. I guess you can treat this 'idea phase' more as a lifestyle, or something you can always do on the side, whereas writing itself is just formatting your ideas together properly.

Sinpathy

I think reading other novels with a similar genre helps the most. Puts you in that zone, whereas music sometimes get distracting real quick.
Also helps if you jot down inspirations in a notepad consistently. I do it on the phone so I don't forget them. I guess you can treat this 'idea phase' more as a lifestyle, or something you can always do on the side, whereas writing itself is just formatting your ideas together properly.
Or you could, you know.
Procrastinate.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
As memable as this seems, the post-enlightening you get from that nut actually helps with brain storming. So yeah, I let that nut fly if I ever feel like writing. Usually I jack without any stimuli and just concentrate on the rhythm, so I rid myself of any influence after I'm done.

If that doesn't work, I read something with a similar genre. I'd read Beastars when I'm thinking on writing a Furry story; Lee Child books when I'm writing gritty stuff; Ajin when I'm thinking dark; or No Gun's Life when I'm going cyberpunk.

No music. For some reason, they distract me. Not even the Lo-Fi-girl-doing-her-perpetual-never-gonna-finish-homework songs work. Just me, I guess.

And if all of that still doesn't work, I procrastinate.

Or jack off again.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
As memable as this seems, the post-enlightening you get from that nut actually helps with brain storming. So yeah, I let that nut fly if I ever feel like writing. Usually I jack without any stimuli and just concentrate on the rhythm, so I rid myself of any influence after I'm done.

If that doesn't work, I read something with a similar genre. I'd read Beastars when I'm thinking on writing a Furry story; Lee Child books when I'm writing gritty stuff; Ajin when I'm thinking dark; or No Gun's Life when I'm going cyberpunk.

No music. For some reason, they distract me. Not even the Lo-Fi-girl-doing-her-perpetual-never-gonna-finish-homework songs work. Just me, I guess.

And if all of that still doesn't work, I procrastinate.

Or jack off again.
See? It works. I think there's even been studies on it. You work better when you ain't horny.

People need to jack off more. So many benefits. Clears the head, helps prevent testicular cancer, keeps testosterone levels in check. And you raise your thot res by +100 too.

Hmm...idk, when I do lewd stories, it's better before I jack off.

When my mind's cleared up, my motivation to continue went down the drain.

Or perhaps I can try to write a hot one so I can do it again.