Harem or One Heroine?

Different personalities will fight to death a lot more than similar personalities that can communicate on the same wavelength
nah, similar personalities are fine short-term; however, if they spend too much time with each other, they'll start fightin. and it'll be ugly. trust me I've seen it happen

sir im afraid that doesn't work with women
how so? women are the perfect example of this. though, sometimes "death" is metaphorical

AKnightWithaKnife

nah, similar personalities are fine short-term; however, if they spend too much time with each other, they'll start fightin. and it'll be ugly. trust me I've seen it happen

how so? women are the perfect example of this. though, sometimes "death" is metaphorical
no harem in my Catholic book

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
I prefer a single heroine over a harem, but what do I know anyway? I'm just a friendly saurian neighbor

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
If it's your first time writing romance, you should focus on a single relationship. It's just easier. If you add a third character in, you triple the number of relationships (as you now have both characters x the MC AND the relationship between the love interests). A fourth character means that there are now 6 different relationships that you need to consider and develop if you don't want the story to stagnate or feel shallow. Those relationships might exist anyways, but they'll be less complicated if they aren't romantic or sexual in nature.