I have a question.

• Thread starter Deleted member 70892
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 70892

So, I want to know how my readers thought about my story, and sometimes I saw 1-star ratings popped out of nowhere but IDK where to find those readers. Honestly, I really want to track those readers and ask them about how they thought... so, anyone offers some help?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
So, I want to know how my readers thought about my story, and sometimes I saw 1-star ratings popped out of nowhere but IDK where to find those readers. Honestly, I really want to track those readers and ask them about how they thought... so, anyone offers some help?
Probably a jealous loser who just didn’t read it
Pretty sure you can find it by the recent readers and go to their reading lists and eventually threaten the other person

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Recent readers only show up if they put it on their reading list. If anything just post an author’s note at the end asking for 5 star ratings, or if you want see if any forum goers are willing to take a look and rate it fairly.

I guess you could also get shills to rate it, I’ve learned there are quite a few stories that have shill ratings on SH.

CypherTails

Not sure how you would go about doing that but generally I feel you can't please everyone. I have a feeling my story's 1 star reviews revolve around a single plot decision I made. I stand by the decision and from what I can tell a lot of my readers do like it, but some don't and that's inevitable. Also, trolls exist, so try not to let it get to you.

I had a look at your stories and if you notice the one with the story with the one-star review also has the most reviews. The more reviews you get the more likely one stars are to show up.

Ilikewaterkusa

Not sure how you would go about doing that but generally I feel you can't please everyone. I have a feeling my story's 1 star reviews revolve around a single plot decision I made. I stand by the decision and from what I can tell a lot of my readers do like it, but some don't and that's inevitable. Also, trolls exist, so try not to let it get to you.

I had a look at your stories and if you notice the one with the story with the one-star review also has the most reviews. The more reviews you get the more likely one stars are to show up.
I’ve seen a lot of people calling these people who put 1 stars trolls but I can’t exactly see them as such. A troll wouldn’t put a 1 star on your story, because that isn’t gratifying enough. Something a troll would do is make you waste your time. Like perchance, if I were a troll would I be trying to do something that would give me a visible reaction which I can see like anger or an invisible reaction like internal frustration that I would never see.
A02B3AB0-F954-4652-A007-0E082F7BDFCC.jpeg

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Step 1) hack into SH
Step 2) look through the logs
Step 3) Find that user, find their ip address
Step 4) is where it gets tricky. Generally, you can't use this site with a vpn as it's anti-ddos protection will simply not let you in. However, there are always exceptions. But let's assume they didn't use a proxy. You track their location.
Step 5) you stalk them for a while (a month or so is way more than enough)
Step 6) you obtain their weakness and crush them, so they feel your pain.

D

Deleted member 70892

I mean, I couldn't find the one who DIDN'T put my story into their reading list, so it's kinda hard to... find who rated me 1-star?

I didn't mention the trolls, what if someone did not feel satisfied with my story but couldn't express their thoughts through comments and stuff like that? I'm asking for a way of tracking the person who rated me like that.
When you find them, please send them to me. I'll take those one-star ratings for you!
Hopefully I can...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro

Okay, the Nth post about something like "A troller" gave me 1*.
Most of the readers on SH is the silent reader. Sometimes they gave you a 1* for no reason. You may be in a situation like others.

Well, that was true until I checked your story.

It's plain Isekai mediocre with terrible grammar with the plot all over the place. I find it weird because no one gives you 1*. After all, you have only a small number of readers. The one that gave you 5* would probably be yourself, your friend and even your clone.

The only story you got 1* was the girl love story that you deleted most of the chapters.

And to answer you, the reader can add your story to-read list and vote, then delete it.

I rarely vote any story lower than 5* or choose not to vote for it. So I won’t discourage the author. If I have to, I will give yours 3* at best.

My only advice: Git Gud

See ya, I am back to be lurker again.

CypherTails

I mean, I couldn't find the one who DIDN'T put my story into their reading list, so it's kinda hard to... find who rated me 1-star?

I didn't mention the trolls, what if someone did not feel satisfied with my story but couldn't express their thoughts through comments and stuff like that? I'm asking for a way of tracking the person who rated me like that.

Hopefully I can...

Part of being a writer is flying blind to an extent. Your best source of criticism unfortunately comes from reviews or comments. You get the most of those when your story kind of becomes reasonably large. So it's kind of the need experience to get a job but can't get a job because of lack of experience crap. My best advice is to leave it honestly, one bad review doesn't matter much, it's way too much work to track them down.

Your best bet for finding them is through the reading list but if they aren't there I don't think there is anything you can do. (I could be wrong)

Ilikewaterkusa

Step 1) hack into SH
Step 2) look through the logs
Step 3) Find that user, find their ip address
Step 4) is where it gets tricky. Generally, you can't use this site with a vpn as it's anti-ddos protection will simply not let you in. However, there are always exceptions. But let's assume they didn't use a proxy. You track their location.
Step 5) you stalk them for a while (a month or so is way more than enough)
Step 6) you obtain their weakness and crush them, so they feel your pain.
I use a vpn all the time and it just takes like 10 seconds to let you in

D

Deleted member 70892

Most of the readers on SH is the silent reader. Sometimes they gave you a 1* for no reason. You may be in a situation like others.

It's plain Isekai mediocre with terrible grammar with the plot all over the place. I find it weird because no one gives you 1*. After all, you have only a small number of readers. The one that gave you 5* would probably be yourself, your friend and even your clone.

The only story you got 1* was the girl love story that you deleted most of the chapters.

And to answer you, the reader can add your story to-read list and vote, then delete it.

I rarely vote any story lower than 5* or choose not to vote for it. So I won’t discourage the author. If I have to, I will give yours 3* at best.

Well...not until the rewrite. We'll see about that. :sneaky: Be a writer and experience the pain and suffering I have been going through to write a story, you never know.
Also, sometimes I saw more than 1-star ratings but they were retrieved after that.
Plus, your message has grammar mistakes, don't go and judge others if you still have your own mistakes to work on.
And! I NEVER said that "a troller" gave me a 1* rating or something like that; you seemed to have ignored the whole meaning of the very first message I sent in this thread. I KNOW that my stories SUCK already, so I'm asking HOW to find that reader so that I know HOW they thought about them. It's about improvements, not trolls.
Also, if that rating happened to be you, I will be happy to receive your comments, as you did in the first chapters of Paradise Of The Stars.
So please, next time, read something carefully before jumping to a conclusion, OK?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilikewaterkusa

Issue is just that ratings are a Democratic issue. And the common individual is stupid, an aristocratic system would be a lot better
Issue is just that ratings are a Democratic issue. And the common individual is stupid, an aristocratic system would be a lot better
Plus doesn’t help that 99% of the people here are cooming futa worshippers

Akasora

Be a writer and experience the pain and suffering I have been going through to write a story, you never know.
To be perfectly honest with you, it doesn't matter. This isn't American idol where people will vote based on how good your sob story is. There are like a hundred of story uploaded everyday and some people just rate one star to a story they tried, didn't like and be done with it and just move on to another story just like some people rating five stars without saying anything.