Why do some people give low ratings even though they haven’t read your story yet?

Erivva

I don’t see the point. I get it if you read a story to 30 chapters and the author disappoints you. But some people read just one chapter! One!! And they rate the story 1 star why? Like bruh I don’t get it. Someone pls explain

Western42

....I may be Insane....
Well, the one story that I've read one chapter of, since that was the only chapter currently available, was total garbage. It was one paragraph, had barely anything to do with what was written as the description, and just sucked. So, I rated it a two star.

If, in the future they change things, I may take my review back.

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
There are many reasons why, but the main one being related to grammar, like typos, choppy English, weird sentence structure, etc.
All the stories whose MC gets raped is one too, since some readers put themselves inside such characters. A lot of people also complain about the show don't tell, but not all the great stories follow this rule, so optional.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
You need to manually update the reading progress and the "add to reading list" button below the rating section defaults to chapter one.
So "read only one chapter" might not even be accurate

BigBadBoi

I have this sixth sense cultivated after reading so much trash that I can detect whether a novel will be shit or not from the first paragraph alone. The best examplr is that one novel here in scribblehub where the author didn't even bother making paragraphs and just wrote one giant wall of unreadable text. That was enough for me to dismiss it as garbage.

BlackKnightX

Simple, really. Your story sucks from the first chapter. No point going forward. So, that’s their conclusion. End of story.

Now, reading this. If you, the author, gets this kind of response from some readers, what will you do?

Lemme give you a hint: fuck ‘em.

Ssthat

Boo Tao Main
BRO I GET 5 STARS AND NO KNE READS MY BOOKSSSSSSS

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

Templary

metrommm I'm the person who gives 5 stars in almost everything I like .... although there have been times that I put a negative review for things without meaning

Arkus86

Well, the one story that I've read one chapter of, since that was the only chapter currently available, was total garbage. It was one paragraph, had barely anything to do with what was written as the description, and just sucked. So, I rated it a two star.

Reminds me of that one novel I have seen, that was written in something only remotely resembling the English language. Now that was an instant one-star, with accompanying rewiev. It was long since deleted as well.

Dudealien

Pepsiman is my stand
Personal grudge dunno I never review stories and I never get reviews

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
I ignore if I don't like a story and would possibly be a one star. No need to be gratuitously rude.

I give two's if the structure is horrid. Don't care about the premise. If it is barely readable and needs a bunch of grammar corrections, that can't be reasonably explained in a small comment, it needs a wake up slap.

Erivva

Ohhhh
There are many reasons why, but the main one being related to grammar, like typos, choppy English, weird sentence structure, etc.
All the stories whose MC gets raped is one too, since some readers put themselves inside such characters. A lot of people also complain about the show don't tell, but not all the great stories follow this rule, so optional.
I see, that makes sense
I have this sixth sense cultivated after reading so much trash that I can detect whether a novel will be shit or not from the first paragraph alone. The best examplr is that one novel here in scribblehub where the author didn't even bother making paragraphs and just wrote one giant wall of unreadable text. That was enough for me to dismiss it as garbage.
Lol, that would be boring to read.
Simple, really. Your story sucks from the first chapter. No point going forward. So, that’s their conclusion. End of story.

Now, reading this. If you, the author, gets this kind of response from some readers, what will you do?

Lemme give you a hint: fuck ‘em.
Lol
Personal grudge dunno I never review stories and I never get reviews
I wonder with those personal grudge
I ignore if I don't like a story and would possibly be a one star. No need to be gratuitously rude.

I give two's if the structure is horrid. Don't care about the premise. If it is barely readable and needs a bunch of grammar corrections, that can't be reasonably explained in a small comment, it needs a wake up slap.
Ohhh

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
I always read the first chapter and then rate them 5 stars and give hearts to all their chapters just because. Maybe because I know what is like to start from scratch and want to give others a bit of kindness.

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
Novel?

aattss

If I read 30 chapters of a story, I'm probably not going to rate it 1 stars, since if it was that bad I wouldn't have read 30 whole chapters of it.

Dropping bad stories is a pretty useful skill. The less time is spent reading bad stories, the more time ends up being spent reading good stories.

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
I don’t see the point. I get it if you read a story to 30 chapters and the author disappoints you. But some people read just one chapter! One!! And they rate the story 1 star why? Like bruh I don’t get it. Someone pls explain

1 star? Oh yeah that's happened to me before. I think it's just because the people are being mean, let me refrase that, bitches

Last edited:

BigBadBoi

I actually read more than a first chapter because I was bored and I was pretty much spot on in my intuition lol.