Which Trope Are You Most Tired of Seeing?

MR.DANTE

ill go with 2 because the annoy me about the same

Poor orphan who protect little sister and everyone abuse for absolutely no reason, its the worst way to make a likable character ever created

humans sucks and are evil, why doe this exist? in most works the average human cant hold a candle to the average member of other fantasy races, but somehow are evil and need to change their way since they endanger the others

RainingSky

Coffee lover (addict)
The Villains being stupid.

Mass revenge/ Reasonless killing (basically I annihilate everyone even the innocent ones just because I can who cares about the collateral.)

Oh and redemption for the bad bad ML that was so Misunderstood by the innocent helpless FL who then, of course, over time forgives him and falls in love. I see the first traces of this and I immediatly run.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
Speed\agility is better than brute strength. Because it's bullshit a lot of times. But whenever it's not bullshit, agility is clearly op and superior, yet characters and worldbuilding try to convince readers that it's not. So, basically, the author tries to mask the plot armor.

I think I summoned Jemini with this rant. Soon I will see a reply that consists of four-five beefy paragraphs explaining how I'm wrong because I'm not someone who did martial arts.
Doesnt it depend.on what u consider agility? Like u being super strong mean that u have a way to high speed dash, and agility would mean more about minute precision of movements in a quick way

SailusGebel

Doesnt it depend.on what u consider agility? Like u being super strong mean that u have a way to high speed dash, and agility would mean more about minute precision of movements in a quick way
I talk about a trope from manga, novels, and games. It doesn't matter what or how I consider.

LABmaiL

Friend of All Hats :)
I've said this in other threads, but characters with a giant grudge towards the MC despite the MC not knowing them. It's annoying to have some completely disconnected character hijack the story because their sheer hatred towards a person that doesn't even know them somehow makes them relevant. It's a cheap villain that feels needlessly cumbersome to read about. This seems to come up in almost every long-lasting novel that isn't slice-of-life.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
The trope where an MC is "kind" and doesn't end problems at the root, instead, letting the antagonists off the hook –– because of which they live and create another form of trouble for the MC, again.

Rinse and repeat. I abhor that kind of idiocy in writing. Way too repetitive.

Zoey

Mustachu
humans sucks and are evil, why doe this exist? in most works the average human cant hold a candle to the average member of other fantasy races, but somehow are evil and need to change their way since they endanger the others
I think this is supposed to be a subversion of the “entirely evil race” (topically some kind of demon) by flipping it around and making all the humans evil.

SternenklarenRitter

I am kinda sick of the lucky pervert trope. How many times does a male lead need to trip over nothing and in defiance of all logic somehow end up stripping his love interest on the way down before everyone realizes he's just a molester? On a different note, I actually like the 'evil humans' trope for often being satire of modern politics.

LessThanSavory

MCs who are down to kill every living thing in a country because some random dickhead bumped into him or something. Like, we get it, OP is so strong and such a badass, he doesn't have to commit genocide every other week to show it off.

Actually, any trope that takes the super strong MC we're supposed to root for and turns them into horny murder machines who only know how to kill and rape anything in their way. It often just comes across as lazy author venting and makes me almost immediately give up on the story. Not that every protagonist has to be a pacifistic pushover who lets people die for no reason, but by the time our super strong MC can do things like exterminate an entire clan or something, they should totally be able to just set their loved ones up somewhere safe and have the maturity to ignore provocations from weak mobs.

Unrelated, but I also hate when powers ramp up too fast and the author writes themselves into a narrative corner where the only way to create conflict is to power creep up to infinity. By the time the MC is fist fighting ancient deities or whatever, you should probably either start wrapping things up or prepare to transition to MC enjoying their life peacefully after all the adventuring is done.

Lastly, I hate when the narrative just forgets about girls in the MCs harem or just abandons them along the way. Obviously, something something realism and not all relationships lead to romance, but come on! You spent fifty chapters on this girl and how obviously in love with the MC she is just to ditch her and forget she exists for five hundred chapters? Why not just skip her being in love with him if you were just going to unperson her anyway?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
The 'humas suck' trope. Making humans be both an inferior race that's weaker than any of the other fantasy races (which makes them the underdogs that is natural to root for) and making them arrogant and evil at the same time. Words cannot describe how much I've come to hate this trope.

It's the main reason I decided to stop reading stories in scribble hub, because this crap is everywhere, and there's no point in reading a story if I know that all I'll get out of it is getting angry.
humans do suck tho...we got lots of flaws. Even so, in most stories humans are still a dominate race regardless of their racial inferiority to species who are born naturally stronger.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Would you feel the same if he was isekaid and there was no system and he had the power up just a regular way. Just get strong?

You mean like him? But he's so gorgeous! 😍🥰 of course he's the MC. (Isnt he gorgeous. And tall, too) 😊 (he's Eric Lee. He'll be the MC of my next novel. )

View attachment 14378
He looks like a closeted man